1.    #1  
    I bought an FM transmitter for my car with the intent of being able to listen to MP3's on my car stereo. I realize this doesn't offer the best sound, but it is good enough in my opinion. However, when I hook up the transmitter to the 600, it seems that the phone doesn't output enough power, making the sound quality poor. I've tried using the volume boost in pockettunes, but it doesn't improve the quality and makes the distortion worse.

I did hookup my laptop to the transmitter, and the sound quality was good, so I know that's not the problem.

Anyone have any ideas on this?

Thanks
    You can either turn up the volume on your car stereo. (Wich is what I do)

OR try boosting the volume of the MP3 using an editihg app like GoldWave.
    Palm III > Palm IIIC > Handera 330 > Kyocera 6035 & Sony NR70V > Treo 600 > Treo650 & Palm LifeDrive > Modded LifeDrive w/16gig CF > Palm Pre
  3.    #3  
    Turning up volume doesn't help. I feel like the app would be similar to the volume boost on PocketTunes, but I'll give it a shot. Thanks.
    The FM transmiter you have my just not be good enough. I got one from Costco for about $35.00 It is an MP3 player (If I plug a memory card into it's USB slot.) and has an audio in for my treo and other MP3 players. And it is a little quieter than the radio, but I turn up the volume and I am all set.
    Palm III > Palm IIIC > Handera 330 > Kyocera 6035 & Sony NR70V > Treo 600 > Treo650 & Palm LifeDrive > Modded LifeDrive w/16gig CF > Palm Pre
  5.    #5  
    Don't think it's the transmitter, since that laptop works fine.
  6.    #6  
    I bought an FM transmitter for my car with the intent of being able to listen to MP3's on my car stereo. I realize this doesn't offer the best sound, but it is good enough in my opinion. However, when I hook up the transmitter to the 600, it seems that the phone doesn't output enough power, making the sound quality poor. I've tried using the volume boost in pockettunes, but it doesn't improve the quality and makes the distortion worse.

I did hookup my laptop to the transmitter, and the sound quality was good, so I know that's not the problem.

Anyone have any ideas on this?

Thanks
    <merged>