Global Posts
    121 Global Posts
    curious about exactly a few things about the 180 b/c of conflicting info i have found on the nets

is it possible to take this thing through local infrastructure via wifi? at all in any way?

also if anyone knows is it possible for the treo 180 to use the cingular prepaid plan?

i am a hardcore handspring visor user and am neo to treo's so bear with me here going from a wifi acessable visor prism to a treo 180 smartphone is a big jump
    Quote Originally Posted by jpizzaj
    curious about exactly a few things about the 180 b/c of conflicting info i have found on the nets

is it possible to take this thing through local infrastructure via wifi? at all in any way?
    Not at all, it's GSM/GPRS or nothing.

also if anyone knows is it possible for the treo 180 to use the cingular prepaid plan?
    Idk... I would think so if all you have todo is put a SIM card in.

i am a hardcore handspring visor user and am neo to treo's so bear with me here going from a wifi acessable visor prism to a treo 180 smartphone is a big jump
    Well if you need wifi the Treo 180 is not for you. You may want to stick with the visor phone until the wifi drivers come out for the Treo 650.

Timmay
    Iím a lucky man to count on both hands
    The ones I love..

Visor Pro -> Visor Edge -> Treo 180 -> Treo 270 -> Treo 600 -> Treo 650 -> T|T2+SE T68i -> Treo 600 -> T-Mobile MDA -> Treo 755p -> Treo 800w -> Treo 755p -> PALM PRE -> Palm Pre 2 -> HP Palm Pre 3

Twittering about
    Global Posts
    121 Global Posts
    my visor phone is not covered by any local retails witht the prepaid plan that i want to use it only works on standard networks which i currenty cannot afford to do