1.    #1  
    After suffering through the reset loops that plague this device, I'm alarmed when I see my 650 go into a reset for no reason. I recently did a hard reset and re-install of all software to correct a no-synch issue with Outlook. That problem was resolved, but now, every time I install anything and HotSynch, my phone automatically goes into a soft reset. Thankfully, it comes back to life and the phone reconnects, but as I said, it's alarming. Is there some setting I'm missing that tells it to reset itself after a hotsynch?
    I had the same problem. Was able to track it down through the ERR function on the Treo.

The next time you hotsync, and your treo resets, when it comes back to life, type ##377 (Sprint), #*#377 (Verizon Wireless), or #*377 (Cingular) and it will tell you what app last crashed.

For me, it was a function within Agendus called Agendus Mute. This is the option in Agendus that lets you tell your palm to be silent during meetings. Disable this setting, and use a file manager such as Filez to delete the Agendus Mute file that is on your Treo.

Once I did this, solved the problem.

Your mileage may vary.

Good luck!!

Burneedogg
    Last edited by Burneedogg; 05/28/2005 at 10:05 PM. Reason: Corrected info
    If your phone resets at the very ending of the hotsync, at the time that the Treo would say "cleaning up please wait". That usually means your "saved preferences" file is corrupt. You can delete this file with a file manager.

P.S. When you delete your saved preferences you'll have to re-enter all your registration codes again. You may also need to go into your backup folder on the desktop and delete the same file. Your palm then recreates it.

EDIT: Before you do any of this copy your saved preference file to the desktop or the memory card incase it ends up not being the problem then you can restore it.
    Last edited by jamespaulritter; 05/28/2005 at 10:52 PM.
    thx for the saved prefs idea, that solve my issue !
    Your welcome
    Thats great. Also if you ever get resets when opening or closing a particular application it is likely that the saved preferences for just that particular application are corrupt. Some applications will allow you to delete its saved preferences from within the application itself other wise you may be able to delete the specific saved preferences with an uninstall manager. If not deleteing the application may not solve the problem because the stock palm delete function sometimes leaves the applications files on the PDA. This is where an uninstall manager is really handy.
    James,
    i'm having an issue with a new VZ Treo650 that i moved all of my apps from a Sprint650 to... for some reason when i access the Favorites in the phone application, i get a soft reset everytime... it will occur immediately when i scroll down or after the call placed to a favorite is ended...

any idea how i can fix that... i have found now SPCS extensions on any Phone files (using Filez)...

any help is appreciated...
    Exactly how did you move the apps from the sprint T650 to the VZ T650?
    Quote Originally Posted by jamespaulritter
    Exactly how did you move the apps from the sprint T650 to the VZ T650?
    thanks for the reply...

i took the new VZ 650 and just Hot Synced it to my existing Palm Desktop... (copied the back up folder first just in case)... all seemed to be running smoothly on all apps, games etc., except when i scroll down to access the favorites....--> poof! Soft Reset... every time...

i even went and exchanged the unit for a new one... so it is apparent it's some sort of software issue, but i'm stumped!
    Quote Originally Posted by zelgo
    Now that I got rid of the "Saved Preferences," my web stopped working totally (The screen is just blank--no home page, no nothing)--any connection?
    The saved preferences is always recreated after deletion so no, no connection to your web application, it would just return to stock settings, but if it eases your mind you could always reinstall your previous saved preferences if you followed my advice by saving a copy on the desktop.

Before doing that soft reset, sync, then try to open the web application.
    Ow you beat me, sometimes my post take awhile to kick out because of my 2 year old and my 3 year old.
    Quote Originally Posted by jscottcj
    thanks for the reply...

i took the new VZ 650 and just Hot Synced it to my existing Palm Desktop... (copied the back up folder first just in case)... all seemed to be running smoothly on all apps, games etc., except when i scroll down to access the favorites....--> poof! Soft Reset... every time...

i even went and exchanged the unit for a new one... so it is apparent it's some sort of software issue, but i'm stumped!
    So did you delete the saved prefereence file from the back up first? That is something you would never copy over to a new device or new carrier. If not delete it from the back up and the handheld.
    If that dosent do the trick go into the back up and drap all the files that are not PIM or related to your 3rd party applications to a folder on the desktop, these are files that are recreated by the system. Then hard reset and sync.