1.    #1  
    I have recently filed for a warrenty replacement through Cingular for my Treo 650, but a question I forgot to ask them...will this be a refurbished phone, or a brand new one? Any input?

I have had the phone 2 months
    Quote Originally Posted by achap
    I have recently filed for a warrenty replacement through Cingular for my Treo 650, but a question I forgot to ask them...will this be a refurbished phone, or a brand new one? Any input?

I have had the phone 2 months
    If you havn't had it for 30 days yet, you are well within your rights to ask for an exchange for a new one. After 30 days, you might get a new one, you might get a refurb.

It will most likely be a new one, considering that the phone is so new now, that they probably havn't had many returns to make refurbs out of. However, they are within their rights to give you a refurb phone after the 30 days.
    Global Posts
    1,935 Global Posts
    Just got a replacement from Cingular. It was a refurb. But it looks like new. Had my first one for 2 months.
    Palm VII-Palm Vx-Palm M125-Clie T615-Sony NZ90-Sony NX80-Toshiba E800-Sony NZ90 (again)-Treo 600-HP 6315-Treo 650-Moto MPX220-SX66-Treo 650 (again)-QTek 9100-HP6515-Cingular 8125-Moto Q (10 days)-Cingular 8125 (again)-Nokia 9300-Cingular 2125 & Nokia E62-ETen M600+-Cingular 3125-Treo 750 & Samsung Blackjack-Cingular 8525-iPhone-Moto Q9-at&t Tilt-iPhone3G-Nokia E71-HTC Diamond-Blackberry Bold-at&t Fuze-SE Xperia X1a-Treo Pro.

Be very, very quiet. I'm gonna catch me a rhinoceros.
    Global Posts
    29 Global Posts
    Just got a replacement as well. the bizarre thing is that when you turn the phone on it says Sprint (the logo appears), but it's a GSM phone on the Cingular network. It seems brand new to me.
    Folks,

I went through 3 refurbs with Sprint on the Treo 600 -- they were all like brand new. I am now on Cingular, but I would not sweat it -- every refurb I got was perfect and looked like brand new.

Glenn
  6.    #6  
    well I just filed for one yesterday...hope its its a brand new one, about how long did it take for you all to receive the new one? Also, any complaints about the enormous processing fee they will implement if they find anything wrong with the phone that will void the warrenty
    Usually under replacement policies, your policy papers or TOS will state refurb...that's true with almost any provider.

I've always gotten refurb, but with the rate PalmOne has popped out bad *new* ones, I'd almost take the refurb and hope it has some sort of update...
    I just received my 1st Treo 600 replacement since Oct 2003 from Sprint. It works great so far.

Does anyone know if the replacements come with a new battery?
    Tks
    iPhone 4S
    Former Treo & Storm Owner
    Cigar Lover
  9.    #9  
    so in the case i do in fact get a refurb (which totoally sucks for a $549 not even 2 month old phone) as this will be my 3rd one, i got this one before 30 days after inital purchase, and something is wrong, which has a great chance, would they gladly replace once again? or is there a set number that I cannot excede?
    Personally my refurb was better than my new one. The P key was way better. Of course, I didn't notice the P key till people pointed it out on here.. Ignorance IS bliss.
  11.    #11  
    well, come to find out I did get a brand new one, didnt think I would. So all is well, just cant get any bluetooth to sync up, do i have to resync? i used backupman to reinstall my phone, so my trusted devices are already there