1.    #1  
    Ok, we have several programs that will add ringtones to your individual callers. There is even an option built into the phone by creating a favorites button and adding it there. Now, my question is.....

Why hasn't someone just added a simnple plugin to the contacts that allows you to add your ringtone right then and there when creating or editing the contact? There are so many things that can be anotated in the contact information, and that is the most logical place (in my opinion) to have the ringer option.

Anyone have any thoughts or insight to why they did it this way?
  2.    #2  
    It would seem on could make a pluing for the bluetooth DUn (not the shadowmite patch), so I wonder if someone could also make a patch to enable a ringer in the contacts edit options.

Anyone?, class, anyone.....
    Quote Originally Posted by GMSchiller
    It would seem on could make a pluing for the bluetooth DUn (not the shadowmite patch), so I wonder if someone could also make a patch to enable a ringer in the contacts edit options.

Anyone?, class, anyone.....
    I'm going out on a limb here by asking this, but since yours was the 1st and only post, why didnt you just edit it to include your next comment/question?

*cough* post boosting *cough*
    ~ ScandaLous ~
    Maybe he wanted to bump it?
    MaxiMunK.com The Forum That Asks, "Are You Not Entertained?"

Remember: "Anyone that thinks the Treo should just work right out of the box, shouldn't own a Treo..."
  5.    #5  
    Sorta bump it and add to it at the same time
    As opposed to just bumping it w/o adding any content, like this?
    USR PalmPilot 5000 > PalmPilot Pro > Palm V > Palm Vx > Kyocera QCP6035 > Unlocked Treo 650 w/ Bluespoon AX
  7.    #7  
    Exactly slim. And thanks for the bump. It would seem this particular subject is not a big deal to others so I'll let it die. Thanks for commenting though.
    I know on every phone I have owned it allows you to do this. That's a little strange..
    Alltel Palm 700p + UWK + 2GB SD + Moto BT Headset
    Global Posts
    577 Global Posts
    Why is the sky blue?
    I've often wondered why you can't attach ring tones to specific "categories" like Personal, Business, etc. Seems that I'd find use for a ring tone to alert me to what "type" of call I was getting, not just -Known Callers!

Seems that for all the information in the PDA portion, the phone uses very little of it... unfortunately.

Jon
    check out mPhone and Ringo... they seem to do what you want them to do, though I totally agree with you that it is idiotic the way it is set up now...