1.    #1  
    Hello,

Does anyone know how to set an MP3 song that is downloaded on an expansion card to the phones' ringer? I have a 650 and am struggling with this. Thanks in advance for the help!

~Kevin~
    Quote Originally Posted by KJ690c
    Hello,

Does anyone know how to set an MP3 song that is downloaded on an expansion card to the phones' ringer? I have a 650 and am struggling with this. Thanks in advance for the help!

~Kevin~
    You need a program to play .mp3's as ringers. Try Ringo Pro...works great!
    You never lived until you almost died!
    Quote Originally Posted by KJ690c
    Hello,

~Kevin~
    if you take the mp3 and convert it into uncompressed wav file then you can use it as AMR file. Just send yourself the wav file via email then install it or use tools like wav2Tones or Lightwav at www.toysoft.ca and convert and wav file to AMR format and use it as normal ringtone.

if you want to stay with mp3 then take a look at Lightwav.
    Want mp3/wav ringtones , Audio and Video recording for your Treo600/650? visit www.toysoft.ca
    convert your file to WAV. Chop it down to a manageable size. Email it to your Treo. Click on attachment and install as ring tone.
    Global Posts
    452 Global Posts
    Must it be a wav file in order for the ringtone to work ?
    Treo (Palm Version) lover

Motorola v400 --> Sidekick ll --> Treo 650 --> PPC 6700 --> Sprint Treo 700P --> Blackberry 8700g --> Blackberry 8300 --> Blackberry 8320 --> Sprint Mogul --> **What's Next?**
    I use MP3 Ringer w/ PTunes- works great for me. You can assign any file type PTunes will play as a ringer.

I make my own rintones using MP3 cutter to truncate the file to 30 seconds or less.
    Visor Platinum-->Visor NEO--->M505--->Treo 300 Sprint--->Treo 600---> TREO 650 ---> Treo 700P ---> Treo 755 --->Touch Diamond--->Touch Pro ---> Palm Pre
    Check out the expert judges at http//:mobileappsshowdown.com
    On the Treo 650 no intermediate software is required to play WAV files as ringers. You can also play AMR encoded ringtones (another wavetable style format).

There is some more detail on the actual file formats in the palmOne support knowledgebase:
    http://kb.palmone.com/SRVS/CGI-BIN/W...m_External2001

One caveat, there appears to be a limit on using WAV or AMR ringtones as ringtones for a partcular person when assigning ringtones in Favorites. Hopefully palmOne will fix this in future ROMs. You can use MID files for this purpose without any problems.
    You can convert mp3 to midi or mid and download to the phone or upload/transfer using SD card. Ringo is another option as listed above....Ringo crashed Treo 650 consistently for me though
    You can add wav files as ringtone for free if you download them at attachments:

http://discussion.treocentral.com/sh...ad.php?t=79766

The treo will automatically convert wav to AMR format fyi..

Current device: Palm Pre
    Device graveyard: Palm Vx, Cassiopeia E100, LG Phenom HPC, Palm M515, Treo 300, Treo 600, Treo 650, Treo 700p, Axim X50v, Treo 800w

Please don't PM me about my avatar. For more info go here.

Restore your Pre to factory settings using webos doctor and follow these instructions
    I tried this a while ago using Ringo Pro and converting MP3s to wavs. Big waste of time. Whenever I got it to work, it usually just crashed my Treo upon incoming calls or would simply not ring at all -- right to voicemail. I think the Treo has trouble loading large files as ringers when an incoming call comes in.