1.    #1  
    As many know, TreoAlarm went to shareware and stopped funtioning for many around May 7th. Today, I accidentally brought it up and updated the weather (NOT the software) and got the message "You evaluation is going to expire in -20 days.......". Note the minus in front of the 20. It is no longer expired, but counting backwards from May 7th. It now shows the current weather. I am using version .99b and it says an upgrade is available. I am afraid to upgrade (though I could back it up). I have an Evaluation for "Account type" and it says it expires May 7, 2005.

Anybody else notice if theirs is working?

Actually, I put together a decent review on my website that I have yet to forward to the creator. It's a great product.

Have a great weekend everyone!
    just tried it as well, and am geting the same thing! thanks Joey's Poppa!
    it's not a crack house, it's a crack home.
    Global Posts
    27 Global Posts
    I just pulled 99b out of my recycle folder and re-installed. My has -23 days. Guess we'll see...
    i've already switched to 2day + 4cast
    so far so good
  5.    #5  
    What is 2Day + 4cast?
    Sent via Treo 650
    MaxiMunK.com The Forum That Asks, "Are You Not Entertained?"

Remember: "Anyone that thinks the Treo should just work right out of the box, shouldn't own a Treo..."
    I should add that even though 4cast is a plug in for 2day, it will run on its own.
    MaxiMunK.com The Forum That Asks, "Are You Not Entertained?"

Remember: "Anyone that thinks the Treo should just work right out of the box, shouldn't own a Treo..."
    As it was going shareware I stopped using it. I looked today and it says it does not expire till June 15th. Not sure why yours is counting backwards and mine still has two weeks. It is 99b.

I like the program, just not sure I like it enough to buy it. I mean I can use Butler, the W key and mobilewunderground site.
    Global Posts
    149 Global Posts
    I never deleted my treoalarm software, and it was supposed to expire yesterday. Today it says that it will expire in -1 days.
    Does 4cast allow you to use other sites than yahoo for the updates? Im in Canada and yahoo is not updated as often as I would like.

My TreoAlarm is acting the same way, BTW.
    Quote Originally Posted by rye&ginger
    Does 4cast allow you to use other sites than yahoo for the updates? Im in Canada and yahoo is not updated as often as I would like.

My TreoAlarm is acting the same way, BTW.
    Have you tried weather manager ?
    Don't know if it catchs weather informations from the yahoo sites but worth the try !
    http://www.tinystocks.com/weather.html
    Well I am sure most of you have noticed it by now, but the "-x days" expiration date is no longer there, instead there is a note that if you like the software, you can register it.

My guess is that they have not had an overwhelming response to the registration fee, so deciced to reactivate the weather part of the app to all users to try and get more takers and the "-" days was just a by-product of them re-tooling the site for that purpose.

I expect the weather part will work for a while, then I will see a new date to register by at some point.
    Quote Originally Posted by midmofan
    My guess is that they have not had an overwhelming response to the registration fee...
    If that's the case, I would crack up. I paid for it, because I like having the weather without waiting to get it (actually have alarms 3 times a day to get it - how sad) - but I thought it was overpriced for the functionality, and there would be much more revenue by lowering the price a few bucks. I got some snipet remark from the developer last time I posted my thoughts - to each their own.
    Quote Originally Posted by airjoe
    If that's the case, I would crack up. I paid for it,
    Well thats why I can't imagine that the thing is going to stay free for good now, because some people did pay for it. They could lower the price though, that would make a lot of sense given that you can get the weather from a lot of other souces just as fast with a hotkey.