Page 1 of 14 12345611 ... LastLast
  1.    #1  
    Hi folks,

I received a desktop cradle for my treo 650 from Seidio. Though it is an engineering testing sample, it is still stylish and decent. This desktop cradle has the following functions:
    1. USB sync and charge (charge via computer USB port, USB home or car adapter)
    2. 3.5 mm stereo output (for most regular headphone, desktop speakers, computer or home sound system)
    3. Treo’s speakerphone and internal microphone still works while in the cradle.
    4. Integrated hot sync button
    5. LED power indicator
    6. Fit most of the skin, hard case, leather case and other form fit cases
    I have tested it and it served as its specification.
    It even allows me to dock my treo without removing it from the cases, which is so cool; I have tested with my treo without taking it out from the form fit case (see the picture). I have also tried to play some mp3 via my desktop speakers without any sound distortion. The speakerphone and internal microphone function of my treo also works while I make and receive calls, which allow me to use it like a regular landline speakerphone.
    I heard from Seidio staffs that this desktop cradle maybe available in next week, maybe come with blue in color or several colors to choose from.

For those who have treo 650, keep an eye on the news release about this new stylish desktop cradle in the next week from Seidio, most likely they will release it.

http://discussion.treocentral.com/at...tid=8519&stc=1

Attached Images Attached Images
    Last edited by trip; 05/27/2005 at 06:20 PM.
    just what i was waiting for! i hated the idea of having to take my treo out of the case to use a cradle at work.
    it's not a crack house, it's a crack home.
    Global Posts
    75 Global Posts
    It doesn't appear to, and you don't mention it, so I'll keep my fingers crossed when I ask, does it also charge a spare battery?

Any idea of the cost?

Thanks for the info! This is pretty close to what I've been waiting for!
    Is this ONLY USB charge, or will it charge from an AC adapter, too?
    Bob Meyer
    I'm out of my mind. But feel free to leave a message.
    Quote Originally Posted by trip
    Hi folks,

I received a desktop cradle for my treo 650 from Seidio. Though it is an engineering testing sample, it is still stylish and decent. This desktop cradle has the following functions:
    1. USB sync and charge (charge via computer USB port, USB home or car adapter)
    2. 3.5 mm stereo output (for most regular headphone, desktop speakers, computer or home sound system)
    3. Treo’s speakerphone and internal microphone still works while in the cradle.
    4. Integrated hot sync button
    5. LED power indicator
    6. Fit most of the skin, hard case, leather case and other form fit cases
    I have tested it and it served as its specification.
    It even allows me to dock my treo without removing it from the cases, which is so cool; I have tested with my treo without taking it out from the form fit case (see the picture). I have also tried to play some mp3 via my desktop speakers without any sound distortion. The speakerphone and internal microphone function of my treo also works while I make and receive calls, which allow me to use it like a regular landline speakerphone.
    I heard from Seidio staffs that this desktop cradle maybe available in next week, maybe come with blue in color or several colors to choose from.

For those who have treo 650, keep an eye on the news release about this new stylish desktop cradle in the next week from Seidio, most likely they will release it.

http://discussion.treocentral.com/at...tid=8519&stc=1

This is exactly what I am looking for. It has an audio output port and aslo allow you to dock the Treo without removing it from the case.

Does anyone know when Seidio is going to release this ? I am going to cancel the order I just placed with P1. Seidio, hurry up!!
    Quote Originally Posted by KBKB
    This is exactly what I am looking for. It has an audio output port and aslo allow you to dock the Treo without removing it from the case.

Does anyone know when Seidio is going to release this ? I am going to cancel the order I just placed with P1. Seidio, hurry up!!
    Anyone knows when this will be available ?
    Quote Originally Posted by KBKB
    Anyone knows when this will be available ?
    Yes, Seidio plans to release Treo 650 cradle with audio output this week.
    Quote Originally Posted by seidioseidio
    Yes, Seidio plans to release Treo 650 cradle with audio output this week.
    Does the cradle also have a bay for charging an extra battery?
    YEAH.

I sent an email to Seido months ago suggesting that they build a cradle with audio support and enough room to allow a case to stay on. Looks like they followed through on the idea!
    Pilot 5K->Palm IIIc->Tungsten T/T2->Treo 650/680 -> Pre+ (1.4.5 & Uberkernel)
    Can I connect a wired telephone headset to this cradle? I can get a converter to go from the 3.5mm connector on the cradle to the 2.5mm connected on my headset.

That would make it a homerun for me.

afternote: it looks like the audio jack is just for output. The Mic is still active so it might work.
    Last edited by swieder; 05/31/2005 at 07:26 PM.
    The cradle is on their site. Check this out

http://www.seidioonline.com/ProductD...de=CRDUDPTR650

The Seidio InnoDock desktop cradle is designed specifically to work with your Treo 650. You can synchronize your Treo 650 with any office or home computer and simultaneous charge it up with this convenient InnoDock desktop cradle.This uniquely design cradle allows you to dock your Treo 650 without removing it from the case.

Feature:

* Uniquely designed (patent product) cradle to fit Treo 650 with most skin cases, hard case and form-fit leather cases. (Required to have open on connector and face out screen)
    * 3.5 mm stereo Audio out Port connector available to connect to headphones, speakers, computer or home sound system for playing music.
    * Integrated Sync Button –synchronizing with a touch of the hot sync button.
    * Treo 650 build-in microphone can be enabled for hands free operation.
    * USB Sync and charge: Sync and charge via USB port from any laptop or desktop.
    * Dual-functional Charger: By attaching Seidio’s USB car adaptor or USB travel adapter, it becomes a car or wall charger (both sold separately).
    Looks like it's just sold as cradle? To synch & charge, you have to buy a cable? THe back looks like USB, so it would be USB to USB?
    Quote Originally Posted by lep354
    Looks like it's just sold as cradle? To synch & charge, you have to buy a cable? THe back looks like USB, so it would be USB to USB?
    USB to USB cable is included.

Seidio
    Quote Originally Posted by swieder
    The cradle is on their site. Check this out

http://www.seidioonline.com/ProductD...de=CRDUDPTR650

The Seidio InnoDock desktop cradle is designed specifically to work with your Treo 650. You can synchronize your Treo 650 with any office or home computer and simultaneous charge it up with this convenient InnoDock desktop cradle.This uniquely design cradle allows you to dock your Treo 650 without removing it from the case.

Feature:

* Uniquely designed (patent product) cradle to fit Treo 650 with most skin cases, hard case and form-fit leather cases. (Required to have open on connector and face out screen)
    * 3.5 mm stereo Audio out Port connector available to connect to headphones, speakers, computer or home sound system for playing music.
    * Integrated Sync Button –synchronizing with a touch of the hot sync button.
    * Treo 650 build-in microphone can be enabled for hands free operation.
    * USB Sync and charge: Sync and charge via USB port from any laptop or desktop.
    * Dual-functional Charger: By attaching Seidio’s USB car adaptor or USB travel adapter, it becomes a car or wall charger (both sold separately).
    Just talked with Sedio. This should be on their website shortly for purchase. You can attach small USB powered speakers to the back and supposedly have a duplex stereo speakerphone/jukebox, and the connector is spring loaded, so that it adjusts to most cases and still leans against the back for support. First thing I am going to do after getting it is to open it up using the four screws on the bottom and find just the right place to drill a small vertical hole for a spare stylus, then buy the speakers and 3.5 audio connector, and get rid of my office line.
    I just hope the sync button works reliably, unlike the craptacular PalmOne Treo 650 USB Cradle!
    Quote Originally Posted by JBoogie
    I just hope the sync button works reliably, unlike the craptacular PalmOne Treo 650 USB Cradle!
    ditto
    i have 3 of the dual usb chargers and have not had a problem but the idea of keeeping in case is nice
    Quote Originally Posted by JBoogie
    Hi

we use USB to USB cable as it is a proven technology. Relaibiltiy is our top priority.

Seidio
    Quote Originally Posted by mriner
    Just talked with Sedio. This should be on their website shortly for purchase. You can attach small USB powered speakers to the back and supposedly have a duplex stereo speakerphone/jukebox, and the connector is spring loaded, so that it adjusts to most cases and still leans against the back for support. First thing I am going to do after getting it is to open it up using the four screws on the bottom and find just the right place to drill a small vertical hole for a spare stylus, then buy the speakers and 3.5 audio connector, and get rid of my office line.
    The cradle will be available for purchasing either today or tomorrow.

Seidio
    Can someone verify that this will work with the Treo in the Vaja T-65 ?

Thanks.
    --
    Aloke
    Cingular GSM
    Software:Treo650-1.17-CNG
    Firmware:01.51 Hardware:A
Page 1 of 14 12345611 ... LastLast