Page 9 of 14 FirstFirst ... 4567891011121314 LastLast
    I am using two Inno.docs (one at the office, one at home). Both work perfectly, unlike the two Palm cradles I wasted my money on.
    I am curious if you are using the innodocks with speakers and if so which ones?
    Thanks.

John
    My Palm cradle works perfectly. Always has.
    Bob Meyer
    I'm out of my mind. But feel free to leave a message.
    Innodock works with most of the speakers. For very few customers who experience the problem with audio out. It is due to impedance. If you do the search under impedance in this forum, you will find the theory and the helpful tips. Below is one of them.

Just an update for anyone paying attention:

I was having problems with the audio-out port on my cradle. My Treo 650 wasn't detecting that I had plugged it into an aux-in port on my desktop stereo. It would output the sound to the speaker on the back of the Treo, rather than to the stereo.

I picked up an inline volume control from Radio Shack for just under $6, and plugged it in between the cradle and the stereo. That fixed the problem. I think it added some impedance to the circuit, so now the Treo detects that something is connected.

Seidio is currently working a solution. It should be available soon.

Since we introduces Innodock in June, many have been sold. Only very few complaint is received. For those who experience some problem with Innodock, please accept our apology and contact rma@seidioonline.com.

Seidio
    Last edited by seidioseidio; 07/19/2005 at 08:37 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by johnkav
    To summarize the things I have been experiencing and hearing from this group, the innodock is an attractive device that does a good job charging the Treo. However, the innodock does not work with portable speakers and possibly is hazardous for the Treo and the related computer. I question how Treocentral can continue to sell this device with these outstanding issues.
    If I'm the only one who has experienced PC reboots, and one other user has had his Treo resetting, while Seidio must be selling thousands of these cradles, I wouldn't go as far as calling this an outstanding issue (not yet, at least! ). Most users seem to be perfectly happy with their cradles and I've been able to use mine without problems 99% of the time, so please don't take my report as if everyone was having the same issues.
    I just received a replacement for my Seidio cradle for the 650. The audio out still does not work. It still messes with my USB ports (though now does not crash them). I think it must be something with my computer, although, even when I unplug the USB, the audio out does not work. Any suggestions. This cradle, while just a tad bit more stylish, seems a bit more flimsy too. Certainly I did not get two defective cradles?! Any help would be most appreciated.
    Dana A. Max, Psy.D.
    Licensed Psychologist
    Palm III, Palm IIIc, Palm m515, Treo 650, Centro
    Hi dMax,

I will look into this today and get back to you.

David cHang
    Seidio
    dsc@seidio.com
    Quote Originally Posted by johnkav
    To summarize the things I have been experiencing and hearing from this group, the innodock is an attractive device that does a good job charging the Treo. However, the innodock does not work with portable speakers and possibly is hazardous for the Treo and the related computer. I question how Treocentral can continue to sell this device with these outstanding issues.

John
    i'm using two innodock's perfectly fine. one at home pllugged into some powered altec lansings and one at work. i don't use the audio out at work though.
    Usual Suspects Entertainment
    We make the crowd move.
    www.djnyce.com
    tried sending via email but came back as undeliverable, so decided to post here:

David,

Thanks for your response on TC re: my problems with the Seidio cradle for the Treo 650. I just got my new cradle the other day and the audio out still does not work. Is there some settings I need to set on either my computer, the cradle or the Treo to get this to work? I've tried several different speakers and headsets. I'm not sure why I'm having these problems (on two different cradles). I suspect the problem is with me and my settings and not the cradle (since I've had the same problem on two cradles). I'd appreciate any help because I'd really like this to work. The audio plug works with the headset that came with the Treo (the 2.5 headset). So I don't think it is the jack on the Treo. Any help would be appreciated. Thanks,

Dana
    Dana A. Max, Psy.D.
    Licensed Psychologist
    Global Posts
    60 Global Posts
    Seidio, I am not interested in the audio plug or charging with a case, but, I am most interested in having a sturdy dock which I can lay the Treo in easily. Would u suggest that I use your standard dock ( the black one which is not as snazzy looking as the Inodock)

Also, I plan to buy a dock for work where I will sync/charge and one for home where I will just charge via a wall outlet. Can I just use the the supplied USB cable which you supply and use my wall plug from my Blackberry which is designed with a USB port connection on it.

Many thanks
    Neil
    Quote Originally Posted by R1man
    Seidio, I am not interested in the audio plug or charging with a case, but, I am most interested in having a sturdy dock which I can lay the Treo in easily. Would u suggest that I use your standard dock ( the black one which is not as snazzy looking as the Inodock)

Also, I plan to buy a dock for work where I will sync/charge and one for home where I will just charge via a wall outlet. Can I just use the the supplied USB cable which you supply and use my wall plug from my Blackberry which is designed with a USB port connection on it.

Many thanks
    Neil
    Yes, it is a good choice for black standrad cradle for your application.

http://www.seidioonline.com/ProductD...e=CRPTUDPTR650

You can use 5V USB travel charger adaptor with a USB port connection.

Seidio
    Global Posts
    60 Global Posts
    Seidio, thanks for your resonse, so, the standard dock accepts the Treo smoother than the Inodock ?
    My cradle charges the Treo 650, but nothing happens when I push the sync button on the cradle.
    I tried the original sync cable and it works as it should.
    My cradle has S/N 033276 - is this an old version with known bugs, or should I expect it to work as it should?
    I haven't tried audio out, as it's not something I would use on a daily basis.

Thanks,
    Christopher
    Quote Originally Posted by grenness
    My cradle charges the Treo 650, but nothing happens when I push the sync button on the cradle.
    I tried the original sync cable and it works as it should.
    My cradle has S/N 033276 - is this an old version with known bugs, or should I expect it to work as it should?
    I haven't tried audio out, as it's not something I would use on a daily basis.

Thanks,
    Christopher

PLease contact 832-204-1114 for technical support. We should be able to solve the problem for you.

Seidio
    Any help with this would be useful. This is my second cradle. I love the design, charges well, syncs fine, but the audio out does not work (still). I'm not sure what I need to do...any suggestions? I suppose I'll return the unit if this feature does not work. Thanks.

Dana
    Dana A. Max, Psy.D.
    Licensed Psychologist
    Quote Originally Posted by dmax
    Any help with this would be useful. This is my second cradle. I love the design, charges well, syncs fine, but the audio out does not work (still). I'm not sure what I need to do...any suggestions? I suppose I'll return the unit if this feature does not work. Thanks.

Dana
    Hi dmax,

we will have a solution released late this week or early part of next week.

Seidio
    Hey Seidio and other InnoDock users, I'm trying to find a cradle that has audio out and also always me to speak to people on the other end of the conversation. I'm going to mount it in my car...on the dash, obviously.

I tried this cradle that I found on ebay: http://cgi.ebay.com/Dock-cradle-for-...QQcmdZViewItem

It works great really since it's so snug, the only two problems I'm having with that cradle are (1) It has it's own microphone which really sucks....I can replace it, but I'd still rather use the Treo's microphone since I know it's quality. (2) The worst of the two, which is it won't actually charge...I broke it to get it open (couldn't figure out how to get the magnets outta the way of the screws, so I more or less ripped the thing to shreds) so I'm ordering another to find out if I can mod it and replace the microphone.

Well, my questions for you about your cradle are...

(1) Does the audio-out work or not?? I'm plugging it directly into the auxiliary input on the back of my cd player....so, I don't believe I should have any impedance problems.
    (2) I see that your cradle uses the Treo's internal microphone....how well does that work?
    (3) How long is the usb cable that comes with the cradle?
    (4) Finally, the only true concern I have with this cradle if the first 3 questions have acceptable answers....how snug would this be on the dash of a car that takes frequent sharp turns? I think it would be a lot easier to add some velcro or something if I needed to...than to add a microphone and try and pull the adapter farther out of the other cradle.

What are your thoughts??

Thanks.
    When will the version of the Seidio cradle be available that works with a Vaja case? That is the only thing keeping me from buying one.
    Quote Originally Posted by txschafers
    When will the version of the Seidio cradle be available that works with a Vaja case? That is the only thing keeping me from buying one.
    Hi,

In about one week.

Seidioseidio
    yes..please let us know when it is available. I've been waiting, too.