Page 8 of 14 FirstFirst ... 345678910111213 ... LastLast
    I would buy one but since it will not work with the Vaja T65 case that is a deal breaker for me.
    Putting the Treo in the cradle was tricky for me at first also, but it is easy now.
    Palm V-->Visor Deluxe-->Visor Prism-->Visorphone-->Treo 180-->Treo 600-->Treo 650 on Sprint-->Treo 700p-->Centro-->Diamond-->Pre-->HTC EVO 4g???!
    Anyone know where I can get one in the UK. If I buy through Seidio Europe they charge me too much money for postage.
    Quote Originally Posted by becs
    Anyone know where I can get one in the UK. If I buy through Seidio Europe they charge me too much money for postage.
    The shipping charge from Seidio-Europe depends on the shipping method you select. Normally, if you use air mail, the shipping charge is quite reasonable.

Seidio
    Just an update for anyone paying attention:

I was having problems with the audio-out port on my cradle. My Treo 650 wasn't detecting that I had plugged it into an aux-in port on my desktop stereo. It would output the sound to the speaker on the back of the Treo, rather than to the stereo.

I picked up an inline volume control from Radio Shack for just under $6, and plugged it in between the cradle and the stereo. That fixed the problem. I think it added some impedance to the circuit, so now the Treo detects that something is connected.
    Global Posts
    593 Global Posts
    Hi, mboni, what is the exact name of the Radioshack item...or maybe even better if you have the part number. Thanks!
    The Doctor is IN!
    Gadget: Rogers Treo 680 (unlocked) GSM
    Cases: Still deciding
    Global Posts
    326 Global Posts
    I was one of the people who had a problem with the Innodock when it first arrived. I have been using it all the time and I have detected about five times where it has shut my Dell Dimension PC completely off as soon as I put it in the cradle.

That being said, however, my USB port is still fully functional and I CAN NOT say that the Innodock has caused any permanent hardware damage at this point in time. I have had bizarre problems with the Treo's and charging connectors going back to the Treo 300, and it seems to always relate to a short that the cable or connector makes with the power pinouts on the Treo itself. Sometimes this may have been caused by decay (if the plastic was even slightly chipped around the connector) but other times it seemed to relate more to the Treo being inserted "sideways" as it is docked or connected to the power source, causing some wires to cross somewhere.

I just wanted to set the record straight from my perspective-- I like the Innodock and I am continuing to use it, despite a handful of odd times where it shut my PC down in a **BLINK**...

Thanks
    I just received the Innodock today. No problems so far. I have a SENA flip case and it holds it fine while in the case. It seems to charge just fine through the USB port of my Thinkpad Dock.

Phildro, in the past, I had trouble with charge and synch cable for my Treo 600. It always crashed my computer when plugged directly into the computer, but worked while in the dock.
    Quote Originally Posted by txschafers
    I would buy one but since it will not work with the Vaja T65 case that is a deal breaker for me.
    Seidio plans to release a solution in 2-3 weeks.

David Chang
    Seidio
    dsc@seidio.com
    Global Posts
    593 Global Posts
    I hope your solution will also benefit those who already bought the Innodock (like me).
    The Doctor is IN!
    Gadget: Rogers Treo 680 (unlocked) GSM
    Cases: Still deciding
    David Chang -

Can you provide more details on what kind of solution Seido will be releasing to improve the fit with "Treo's in their case" fitting in the cradle?

I have a EB slipper case for my Treo and have gone back to using a cable instead of the Seido dock.
    Pilot 5K->Palm IIIc->Tungsten T/T2->Treo 650/680 -> Pre+ (1.4.5 & Uberkernel)
    Quote Originally Posted by swieder
    David Chang -

Can you provide more details on what kind of solution Seido will be releasing to improve the fit with "Treo's in their case" fitting in the cradle?

I have a EB slipper case for my Treo and have gone back to using a cable instead of the Seido dock.
    The solution we will release is for Vaja case. Scott, in your case, I think EB case may be too thick so the display angle is not enough for you.

David Chang
    Seidio
    Great! I can guarantee you at least one sale since I hate having to take my Treo out of the Vaja case to charge/sync
    I bought a Seidio INNODock about four weeks ago, but just plugged in speakers to try them out. No audio. So I got out a set of head phone...nope. Still didn't work. Plus, everytime I plugged in the speakers or the headset, it caused my laptop to lose connection with my USB ports. Very strange and concerning. I called tech support and they suggested I return the cradle. I've requested a RMA with no response. But I have a product that does not work as advertised. Nice idea, good design, but if it doesn't work, it really doesn't matter! It sounds like others on this forum have had similar problems. Any satisfaction from fixes TC members have found since Seidio doesn't seem to be responding to me?
    Dana A. Max, Psy.D.
    Licensed Psychologist
    Palm III, Palm IIIc, Palm m515, Treo 650, Centro
    Okay, I was just getting ready to order one but will wait to see if your issue is solved.
    Quote Originally Posted by phildro
    I was one of the people who had a problem with the Innodock when it first arrived. I have been using it all the time and I have detected about five times where it has shut my Dell Dimension PC completely off as soon as I put it in the cradle.
    I'm having a similar problem with this cradle on my office PC (Compaq Deskpro-something)... in a few weeks it has caused my PC to reboot several times already, always while plugging my Treo. I, too, suspect on the angle used to plug the phone in, but haven't been able to replicate the problem. Could someone --or even better Seidio-- comment on this?

On the other hand, I like the cradle a lot. Looks great, works well (when it's not causing my computer to reboot, that is) and charge times have surprised me (I had never used a USB charger before). Call me superficial, but one thing I was concerned about was the lettering on the cradle -- I didn't like it at all, at least by looking at the pictures. So thanks for using a much more subtle color and better layout on the unit I received. TC Store should change the pictures it is showing; they almost made me desist on the purchase.

So, is anyone else shorting his USB port circuits?

Chris
    <offtopic>
    btw, seidioseidio should do some message cleanup on their forum account, I got the following message while trying to PM them: "seidioseidio has exceeded their stored private messages quota and can not accept further messages until they clear some space."
    </offtopic>
    Quote Originally Posted by dmax
    I bought a Seidio INNODock about four weeks ago, but just plugged in speakers to try them out. No audio. So I got out a set of head phone...nope. Still didn't work. Plus, everytime I plugged in the speakers or the headset, it caused my laptop to lose connection with my USB ports. Very strange and concerning. I called tech support and they suggested I return the cradle. I've requested a RMA with no response. But I have a product that does not work as advertised. Nice idea, good design, but if it doesn't work, it really doesn't matter! It sounds like others on this forum have had similar problems. Any satisfaction from fixes TC members have found since Seidio doesn't seem to be responding to me?
    I am very sorry you encountered a problem with our INNO.Dock. It is a very new item and we have had alot of positive feedback. Your feedback was just as important, though. I believe that the RMA Department just got your RMA Request yesterday and I am very confident that you will get a response either later today or tomorrow morning. However, if there's anything else you need, please email them at rma@seidioonline.com.
    Quote Originally Posted by chriz
    I'm having a similar problem with this cradle on my office PC (Compaq Deskpro-something)... in a few weeks it has caused my PC to reboot several times already, always while plugging my Treo. I, too, suspect on the angle used to plug the phone in, but haven't been able to replicate the problem. Could someone --or even better Seidio-- comment on this?

On the other hand, I like the cradle a lot. Looks great, works well (when it's not causing my computer to reboot, that is) and charge times have surprised me (I had never used a USB charger before). Call me superficial, but one thing I was concerned about was the lettering on the cradle -- I didn't like it at all, at least by looking at the pictures. So thanks for using a much more subtle color and better layout on the unit I received. TC Store should change the pictures it is showing; they almost made me desist on the purchase.

So, is anyone else shorting his USB port circuits?

Chris
    I am very sorry that your are having this problem with your usb port. I think that you could try either one of two options.
    1 - Please try unplugging all the unneccesary items plugged into your computer and plug the Treo into the Inno.Dock. If everything works out fine, then it is very likely that your computer is a bit too cluttered with filled up ports and the Inno.Dock just happened to be the straw that broke the camel's back.
    2 - Try the Inno.Dock on another computer and see if the same thing still happen.

I am so sorry about this problem but this is still pretty unheard of, so we are very inclined to believe it has to do with the USB port or the connection of the USB. If you still have any questions or concerns please feel free to email us at rma@seidioonline.com and we will gladly assist you in any way we can.

Thank you for your feedback
    To summarize the things I have been experiencing and hearing from this group, the innodock is an attractive device that does a good job charging the Treo. However, the innodock does not work with portable speakers and possibly is hazardous for the Treo and the related computer. I question how Treocentral can continue to sell this device with these outstanding issues.

John
Page 8 of 14 FirstFirst ... 345678910111213 ... LastLast