Page 3 of 14 FirstFirst 1234567813 ... LastLast
    Mine arrived today as well. Charging and syncing work correctly.

However, the audio out doesn't seem to be working. Running Pocket Tunes, the Treo pumps music to the speaker on the back, just as it does when no headphones are plugged in. The stereo I attached to the audio out port generates nothing but silence.

I need to experiment some more, but something isn't quite right here.

Edit: Update - the audio out works ok for headphones, but not for the aux in port on my stereo.
    Last edited by mboni; 06/08/2005 at 07:38 PM. Reason: Update for Headphones vs stereo
    I'm getting very interested in this cradle because my PalmOne cradle is very flaky and I'm already tired of that headache.

BUT, I'm both surprised and concerned that SeidioSeidio isn't responding on the issue of frying Treos and PCs with the USB connection. A $30.00 refund on the cradle isn't going to make me feel any better if that happens.

Can somebody please comment on whether a charging+synching USB device is-or-is-not drawing too much juice, and why?

ChickenHawk
    Global Posts
    170 Global Posts
    Mine were delivered today. I will measure the charging voltage and amperage before I even think about charging/syncing my phone. I'll post results tomorrow.
    About the Data Cable fried the motherboard on the laptop:

Based on the replies on the original forum, we see that the problem may be caused by a bad motherboard on the laptop. For the fried USB port, most of them are because of the quality of the built on the USB port. There will be a minimal possibility on the Treo 650 connector. So far, we did not receive any return cable for a fried laptop. We definitely would like those customers to send us the bad cable to verify the problem.

Seidio always stand behind our products, if you have any concern on the INNODock or the Data Cable, please feel free to contact us at Support@seidio.com.
    Quote Originally Posted by ChickenHawk
    I'm getting very interested in this cradle because my PalmOne cradle is very flaky and I'm already tired of that headache.

BUT, I'm both surprised and concerned that SeidioSeidio isn't responding on the issue of frying Treos and PCs with the USB connection. A $30.00 refund on the cradle isn't going to make me feel any better if that happens.

Can somebody please comment on whether a charging+synching USB device is-or-is-not drawing too much juice, and why?

ChickenHawk
    Hi,

Seidio understands your concern. Please be assured that every effort is done to ensure this will not happen to protect your Treo as well as your computer.
    In fact, this is one of our key quality checks during the production.

Seidio also uses the best Treo 650 connector for Innodock cradle and all the sync and charge cables we produce to enure the product quality.

We have shipped many new sync and charge cables and cradles and receives very few complaints.

If you have any question or concern regarding to this issue and our products, please feel free to contact me.

David Chang
    Seidio
    dsc@seidio.com
    Global Posts
    170 Global Posts
    Checked out the voltage and current measurements on the Seidio Cradle cable and they are well within the Treo 650 specs. The cradle itself is great! Syncs fine, charges well for USB, and I'm listening to music thru the audio out as I write this. The fact that I can use this w/o removing my case is a big plus. Great Product!!
    Global Posts
    65 Global Posts
    If you own the old Sync cable be careful. I does not make good contact with the Treo End. I Inserted and removed so many times I broke the pwr connection on my treo (hairline crack). I just got my Treo replacement in and I tried a brand new (old ver without sync) charge/sync cable from seidio and it still doesn't make a reliable connection.

I emailed Seidio about this over one month ago and after a few emails back and forth basically blowing me off - I haven't heard anything from them since my last reply with my TC order no. etc.. Ah well.. in the trash it goes!

I'm afraid to even touch the cradle, with all the problems I am reading. I may give there new cable a chance, unless you guys can recommend a better alternative. I feel like I might be sticking my hand in the fire again.
    Quote Originally Posted by adz1966
    Syncs fine, charges well for USB, and I'm listening to music thru the audio out as I write this.
    Are you listening through headphones or speakers?

I still can't get the audio out on the cradle to work with my stereo. It works fine when using a 2.5-3.5mm headphone adapter, but not with the cradle. I'm guessing there is a difference in electrical resistance or something, so my Treo doesn't recognise that anything is plugged in.
    How does the new unit work with eGrips on the Treo 650?

Thanks,
    Bill Petro
    www.billpetro.com
  10.    #50  
    Quote Originally Posted by BillPetro
    How does the new unit work with eGrips on the Treo 650?

Thanks,
    Innodock works prefectly with eGrips on the Treo 650.
    Global Posts
    170 Global Posts
    Mboni, at the moment I'm listening thru Sony SRS-P7s, a pair of non-powered desktop speakers. Sounds pretty good for low-end speakers. Sony headphones work also. Are you connecting directly to speakers or thru audio input on your stereo?
    Tempting, tempting! I may have to get one of these. :-)

ChickenHawk
    Sounds like this may be the one for me...but are there any cradles that do charge an extra battery at the same time? That would be my first choice...
    Global Posts
    326 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Levyesq
    Seidioseidio, I am happily awaiting delivery of my cradle, but could you post a response to the concerns about the cable frying the laptop and/or the Treo? Near as I can tell, the cradle connects to the Treo directly on the cradle, and not on the problematic (older) connector, but it would be nice to hear from you to counter what I believe is misinformation.
    Hello. I was the one who originated the concern about the fried USB ports as a result of bad connectors. In the referenced thread, there were several of us who have had this "coincidentally" happen in conjunction with using the sync-n-charge cable. If you have been reading treocentral for very long, you will also recall that people had problems (present company included) with a strange short on the Treo 600 car charger that would cause a hard reset and totally erase all the memory on the device.

I believe the problem is in the connector, and depending on how it is made, used and worn, I think there is potential for wires to get crossed and short out the bus. As a result, I am very diligent now about connecting the Treo to the cable BEFORE it is actually plugged into the computer/car charger, etc. I think that when the connector hits the pins at certain angles, especially when some of the plastic in the connectors is chipped off, a nasty short can result.

I'm not sure I like my efforts to give people a "heads-up" about a potential problem that affects YOUR HARDWARE to be characterized as misinformation. If you look at the number of posts I have written and the topics, hopefully I have some credibility to bring valid issues to people's attention.

Plus, I've bought a lot of great Seidio products and I'm sure I'll buy more, so I have no motivation to smear their character.

I think the way to overcome these problems is to find charger and sync products that have better built connectors, as well as to take care in protecting the connectors from any damage that may cause shorts.

Cheers,

P
    Quote Originally Posted by phildro
    Hello. I was the one who originated the concern about the fried USB ports as a result of bad connectors. In the referenced thread, there were several of us who have had this "coincidentally" happen in conjunction with using the sync-n-charge cable. If you have been reading treocentral for very long, you will also recall that people had problems (present company included) with a strange short on the Treo 600 car charger that would cause a hard reset and totally erase all the memory on the device.

I believe the problem is in the connector, and depending on how it is made, used and worn, I think there is potential for wires to get crossed and short out the bus. As a result, I am very diligent now about connecting the Treo to the cable BEFORE it is actually plugged into the computer/car charger, etc. I think that when the connector hits the pins at certain angles, especially when some of the plastic in the connectors is chipped off, a nasty short can result.

I'm not sure I like my efforts to give people a "heads-up" about a potential problem that affects YOUR HARDWARE to be characterized as misinformation. If you look at the number of posts I have written and the topics, hopefully I have some credibility to bring valid issues to people's attention.

Plus, I've bought a lot of great Seidio products and I'm sure I'll buy more, so I have no motivation to smear their character.

I think the way to overcome these problems is to find charger and sync products that have better built connectors, as well as to take care in protecting the connectors from any damage that may cause shorts.

Cheers,

P
    Hi,

Thank you very much for the feedbacks. We have followed your posts in the forum very carefully and we take this very seriously. Our engineering team did a complete study on any possible causes and how to prevent this from happening. New and durable material is used and a new connector is made. We also implement a new procedure in our production line to assure any wire crossing will NOT happen. All our new cables and cradles all use the new connector. The folllowing link discusses our new connector

http://discussion.treocentral.com/sh...ghlight=seidio

Thank you for your constructive feedbacks. It is the Treocentral member like you to make our products and Seidio become better everyday. Thank you again.

David Chang
    Seidio
    dsc@seidio.com
  16. Buh
    I see mention of using a car charger and that the swivel connector makes it kind of unstable... anyone got any idea of how it would actually do in a car? The car kit seems to require removing your case.
    Sidekick B&W > Sidekick Color > Treo 600 > Treo 650 > Treo 755p
    Quote Originally Posted by Buh
    I see mention of using a car charger and that the swivel connector makes it kind of unstable... anyone got any idea of how it would actually do in a car? The car kit seems to require removing your case.
    The current design is only for desktop cradle. In the car, it requires a different design. Seidio Product team is working on this project.

David Chang
    Seidio
    dsc@seidio.com
    Quote Originally Posted by adz1966
    Mboni, at the moment I'm listening thru Sony SRS-P7s, a pair of non-powered desktop speakers. Sounds pretty good for low-end speakers. Sony headphones work also. Are you connecting directly to speakers or thru audio input on your stereo?
    I've got a desktop stereo unit with an audio input port, and a RCA-to-headphone adapter cable. This setup works fine when I use the 3.5mm to 2.5mm adapter directly to the treo, but doesn't work when I use the audio out port on the cradle.
    This is what I meant, Phildro - not that your original post was misinformation, just that other persons had run with it to be concerned about all Seidio products. The original cable that may have been the source of the problem had been changed, and it looked from the pictures that the cradle had an entirely different connector. However, I was looking for peace of mind by my quote. I have the cradle now, and it has no performance problems.
    Quote Originally Posted by seidioseidio
    Hi,

Thank you very much for the feedbacks. We have followed your posts in the forum very carefully and we take this very seriously. Our engineering team did a complete study on any possible causes and how to prevent this from happening. New and durable material is used and a new connector is made. We also implement a new procedure in our production line to assure any wire crossing will NOT happen. All our new cables and cradles all use the new connector. The folllowing link discusses our new connector

http://discussion.treocentral.com/sh...ghlight=seidio

Thank you for your constructive feedbacks. It is the Treocentral member like you to make our products and Seidio become better everyday. Thank you again.

David Chang
    Seidio
    dsc@seidio.com
    Treo 750 and iPhone.
    How does the Innodock work with Treo 650 with Skin case on ?
Page 3 of 14 FirstFirst 1234567813 ... LastLast