Page 2 of 14 FirstFirst 123456712 ... LastLast
    Are there any plans to release a Treo 600 cradle with an audio passthrough? I've seen the car-kits (and the new Treo 650 cradle), but I was really looking for something for the desktop.

If not, is there a way for me to modify the Seidio T600 car-kit/cradle so it can charge/sync with the desktop?

There are a few posts on Treocentral of custom modified cradles and was thinking of doing this myself...but...if something is available for purchase, I won't waste my time hacking apart one of my cradles.

Let me know!

Thanks.
    How does it get the audio out from the Treo to the audio port on the back of the cradle?

I don't see any audio connector in the front of the cradle .. only the spring-loaded hotsync connector (whatever it is called ..).
    --
    Aloke
    Cingular GSM
    Software:Treo650-1.17-CNG
    Firmware:01.51 Hardware:A
    Quote Originally Posted by aprasad
    How does it get the audio out from the Treo to the audio port on the back of the cradle?

I don't see any audio connector in the front of the cradle .. only the spring-loaded hotsync connector (whatever it is called ..).
    The hotsync connector includes audio signal.
    Does the hotsync connector include the pins for a MIC too? I would like to be able to have a wired headset attached to the cradle that get passed-thru to the Treo.

As an alternative I am starting to think about a Bluetooth headset for use with the cradle.
    Pilot 5K->Palm IIIc->Tungsten T/T2->Treo 650/680 -> Pre+ (1.4.5 & Uberkernel)
    Global Posts
    25 Global Posts
    So what I'm hearing is that on the back of this charger there is a 3.5mm audio out and a USB connector? If so, that means you can only charge through USB, which is lower voltage and a slower charge, right?

Everything else about it sounds great.
    Dave Haupert
    dhaupert@ddhsoftware.com
    Quote Originally Posted by swieder
    Does the hotsync connector include the pins for a MIC too?
    The mic is NOT available on the connector... only audio.
    MarkEagle
    .....<a href="http://discussion.treocentral.com/tcforum/index.php?s=">TreoCentral</a> | <a href="http://discussion.visorcentral.com/vcforum/index.php?s=">VisorCentral</a> Forum Moderator - Forum Guidelines
    .....Sprint PCS Treo 650
    .....God bless America, my home sweet home...
    Love the design and idea, but no spot to charge extra battery
    Global Posts
    593 Global Posts
    Yah! It is now available for online ordering. Just got me one.
    The Doctor is IN!
    Gadget: Rogers Treo 680 (unlocked) GSM
    Cases: Still deciding
    Quote Originally Posted by jgspda
    Are there any plans to release a Treo 600 cradle with an audio passthrough? I've seen the car-kits (and the new Treo 650 cradle), but I was really looking for something for the desktop.

If not, is there a way for me to modify the Seidio T600 car-kit/cradle so it can charge/sync with the desktop?

There are a few posts on Treocentral of custom modified cradles and was thinking of doing this myself...but...if something is available for purchase, I won't waste my time hacking apart one of my cradles.

Let me know!

Thanks.
    WE are working on it. It should be ready in about 7-14 days. Thank you very much for your interests

Seidio
    Quote Originally Posted by aprasad

Hi,

No audio connector is needed. The audio is through the bottom serial connector pin. All our cradle and car kit are designed this way. This is a much better and clean design.

Seidio
    Quote Originally Posted by dhaupert
    So what I'm hearing is that on the back of this charger there is a 3.5mm audio out and a USB connector? If so, that means you can only charge through USB, which is lower voltage and a slower charge, right?

Everything else about it sounds great.
    You can charge with Seidio USB travel adaptor or car adaptor. Just connect the included USB cable with Seidio USB travel adaptor or car adaptor. Seidio is also offering 1.2 amp car adaptor now for much fast charging.
    I am concerned about the threads i read here that mention the Seidio usb cable frying the laptop and the 650. any body know the bottom line on that? \

also needed all this other stuff to be able to plug it into the wall or the car. also no room for extra battery..

Seidio INNODock Desktop Cradle for Treo 650
    $39.95

USB Travel Adaptor
    $12.95

USB Car Adaptor (1.25A)
    $9.95

I'm ready to buy as soon as I know my powebook lap top and 650 wont be in any danger from the Seidio usb cable....anyone know for sure?

thanks!
    I am waiting for my Seido cradle to arrive. Hope to post some comments about it once I can set it up.
    Pilot 5K->Palm IIIc->Tungsten T/T2->Treo 650/680 -> Pre+ (1.4.5 & Uberkernel)
    Quote Originally Posted by swieder
    I am waiting for my Seido cradle to arrive. Hope to post some comments about it once I can set it up.
    Just to keep everyone updated, we have started shipping Innodock since yestreday (Monday).

The Innodock for Treo 600 will be available soon.

Seidio
    Seidioseidio, I am happily awaiting delivery of my cradle, but could you post a response to the concerns about the cable frying the laptop and/or the Treo? Near as I can tell, the cradle connects to the Treo directly on the cradle, and not on the problematic (older) connector, but it would be nice to hear from you to counter what I believe is misinformation.

Quote Originally Posted by seidioseidio
    Just to keep everyone updated, we have started shipping Innodock since yestreday (Monday).

The Innodock for Treo 600 will be available soon.

Seidio
    Treo 750 and iPhone.
    Just got my dock in the mail!It is a very nice looking unit and will accomidate pretty much any case. The pins are connected on the bottom to a rotating base that allows thicker and thinner cases. Why, why didn't someone think of this sooner when I had my 600? I am very, very happy with it. Only complaint- the usb cable is kinda short (3ft), so you might have to rearrange your desktop to comply. It's got an audio out port on the back making it nice for music playback, though I haven't tried it yet.

Thanks Seidio!!!
    And you plugged in it and nothing exploded? Mine is due momentarily.

Quote Originally Posted by ashu16
    Just got my dock in the mail!It is a very nice looking unit and will accomidate pretty much any case. The pins are connected on the bottom to a rotating base that allows thicker and thinner cases. Why, why didn't someone think of this sooner when I had my 600? I am very, very happy with it. Only complaint- the usb cable is kinda short (3ft), so you might have to rearrange your desktop to comply. It's got an audio out port on the back making it nice for music playback, though I haven't tried it yet.

Thanks Seidio!!!
    Treo 750 and iPhone.
    Just received via Priority Mail.

Unit is attached to laptop charging away.

Did 1 hotsync so far and it was flawless. Great design.
    Well, the cradle arrived. Here are the good things:
    1. Didn't fry anything, hotsynced quickly.
    2. Super looking style.
    3. I like the short cable for my setup.
    Here are the bad things:
    1. Doesn't fit with a Vaja T65. The connector in the Treo is too recessed with that case on for the cradle connector to reach.
    2. The rocking connector plus no backbrace means that the Treo rocks when you touch it. If you were doing a lot of dialing, you might want to use two hands.
    3. The bluish part of the finish looks like it is uneven and wearing very slightly, and in general, the quality is not superior. However, the oem cradle doesn't win any awards for quality, either. I have two (one was a warranty replacement), neither hotsycs, and the appearance is ugly.
    Treo 750 and iPhone.
Page 2 of 14 FirstFirst 123456712 ... LastLast