Page 14 of 14 FirstFirst ... 491011121314
    I keep getting the following connection error:

“…USB device not recognized
    One of the USB devices connected to this computers isn't working properly.
    It is unknown which device. Click on this message for help….”

It keeps popping up after I try to click it away!

The things I tried:

- disconnecting all USB devices from PC and sync with original cable and then try the innodock cradle
    - connecting it on my laptop (it only has one USB connection, Pentium 3 latitude notebook)
    - tried other ports on my computer

The Treo 650 is inserted on to the correctly I firmly pressed it into to the cradle but it does not make a difference either. The indicating red light on my treo 650 indicates that it is charging so the Treo should be connected in the right way in the cradle...

The really strange thing is I only had the cradle for 2 days of which 1 day it worked perfectly...like a sweet dream!!!... which unfortunately became a bad dream...

Cradle info:

SIN: 037779
    Model No: CRSIDPATR650

What on earth can I do more? Please help...
    Quote Originally Posted by Dragonetti
    I keep getting the following connection error:

“…USB device not recognized
    One of the USB devices connected to this computers isn't working properly.
    It is unknown which device. Click on this message for help….”

It keeps popping up after I try to click it away!
    Try this:

1) Make sure your Treo is unplugged (not connected to a cradle or sync cable). The problem will not be fixed if you perform the following step while plugged on.

2) Do a soft reset (just push the reset button next to the battery).

3) Put the phone in the cradle and sync. This time it should work.

I've had this problem before and it has always been solved by doing a soft reset. It's not related to the cradle, cable or PC -- that's why the problem persists even if you plug your Treo into another computer.

Hope it helps.
    @Chriz

Thank you for the tip!!

It seems to work but only for a short time
    I tried it a couple of times and it keeps giving me those pop ups but at least it works for a few minutes now...

Anyway thanks man!!!
    (at least I know the cradle does work albeit for a few minutes)
    Last edited by Dragonetti; 10/10/2005 at 07:22 AM.
    Sorry to hear that... I've always had only isolated issues, so I don't know what else you could do to solve it. Anyway, al least it works for a while.
    After my last post my cradle seems to work perfectly now! (!?!?)
    I have tried a lot of things:

(it's dutch) => http://www.palmclub.nl/forums/showthread.php?t=22145

2 things seemed to help for about 75% (connection seemed to be lost after a few hours / minutes / after a day..., but it helped a lot more):
    - connect the cradle directly on a USB port of your motherboard, not those hubs which you get when you buy a new motherboard. To say it in other words, connect it to one of the back USB ports not the front. Power supply of the incorporated USB ports seems to be much better.
    - Try to reinstall according to the solution given on the palm site (ID 3711) Go to the official palm site => upper menu "support" => choose device type => on that page should be a "knowledge base" / "knowledge library" link, click on it => in the "Solution ID"-search box type "3711" (without quotes).

Like said before it only helped me for about 75% but after the following days the connection losses got lesser…and lesser…and so on…now it is zero…

Strange…really strange…but my cradle works…pheeww…
    looking for a decent pair of speakers. I work in a office. We keep the volume low so others can't hear it. What do you all recommend?
    thanks
    Bought the Seidio InnoDock for my Treo 700w, which they say it works with. Damn dock is defective. Spoke with Tech Supp and they said to call back Treonauts (i bought it from them) for a replacement unit. Unit is on its way. Device looks nice, but seems to be crappy considering the number of posts regarding its failures.
    I bought a cheap dock on ebay for like $10-$15 with shipping included. I have not had any problems with it at all after 4 months of everyday use.

My cradle does not have audio though, but no big deal since I use my 3.5 mm jack I installed in the antenna.
    .Treo Pro on Sprint Check out www.treotricks.com, Audio jack fix.
Page 14 of 14 FirstFirst ... 491011121314