Page 13 of 14 FirstFirst ... 3891011121314 LastLast
    Let us know how the Treo sits in the dock: with the T65 and without it.
    --
    Aloke
    Cingular GSM
    Software:Treo650-1.17-CNG
    Firmware:01.51 Hardware:A
    Quote Originally Posted by aprasad
    Let us know how the Treo sits in the dock: with the T65 and without it.
    As to audio coupler from Seidio, how well does it work ?
    Global Posts
    100 Global Posts
    "Gotta toilet train your Treo to seat properly"

My only rag on the cradle is that your have to play with the Treo to have it properly seating within the cradle. Unlike the the Treo 300's cradle wherby you just slide the sucker in. With this one, you really have to eyeball and line-up the contacts. I wind up having to pick the cradle everytime I use it. Might as well use the OEM cables.

I've just ordered the Seidio "Power Kit" so the Treo could charge up while the PC is powered off. More wires.
    Last edited by NeoTreo; 08/30/2005 at 12:39 PM.
    Global Posts
    779 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by NeoTreo

My only rag on the cradle is that your have to play with the Treo to have it properly seating within the cradle. Unlike the the Treo 300's cradle wherby you just slide the sucker in. With this one, you really have to eyeball and line-up the contacts. I wind up having to pick the cradle everytime I use it. Might as well use the OEM cables.

I've just ordered the Seidio "Power Kit" so the Treo could charge up while the PC is powered off. More wires.
    Are you referring to the standard Innodock or the one designed for the Vaja T65? Assuming the latter, based on your report, I'm now reconsidering that the standard Innodock (i.e. not designed for the Vaja T65) might be the way to go, assuming that the Treo and connectors line-up properly and immediately.

PS
    I've been having problems ordering online from Seidio as my billing address using the listed option of "Trinidad & Tobago" is apparently showing the "&" as an invalid character. They have responded that they are working on the fix.
    Current Phones: Unlocked AT&T Pre3; Samsung Galaxy Nexus i9250; HTC Desire A8181
    Current Tablets: Lenovo ThinkPad Tablet 183825U; HP TouchPad 32GB w/ACL
    Previous Devices: Unlocked UK Pre3; HTC Touch Diamond; Palm Unlocked GSM Treo 680; PalmOne Unlocked GSM 650; Palm Tungsten T3 w/PalmOne WiFi Card, PowerToGo and ASUS WL-330g; 3Com Palm III; Sony Clie N760C
    Quote Originally Posted by eKeith
    Are you referring to the standard Innodock or the one designed for the Vaja T65? Assuming the latter, based on your report, I'm now reconsidering that the standard Innodock (i.e. not designed for the Vaja T65) might be the way to go, assuming that the Treo and connectors line-up properly and immediately.

PS
    I've been having problems ordering online from Seidio as my billing address using the listed option of "Trinidad & Tobago" is apparently showing the "&" as an invalid character. They have responded that they are working on the fix.
    Hi eKeith,

The problem has been fixed. Please go back to www.seidioonline.com to place the order.

Seidio
    Global Posts
    779 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by seidioseidio
    Hi eKeith,

The problem has been fixed. Please go back to www.seidioonline.com to place the order.

Seidio
    Thank you! I just got the email notification as well.
    Current Phones: Unlocked AT&T Pre3; Samsung Galaxy Nexus i9250; HTC Desire A8181
    Previous Devices: Unlocked UK Pre3; HTC Touch Diamond; Palm Unlocked GSM Treo 680; PalmOne Unlocked GSM 650; Palm Tungsten T3 w/PalmOne WiFi Card, PowerToGo and ASUS WL-330g; 3Com Palm III; Sony Clie N760C

The Innodock is designed to fit different cases so it can not be like Treo 300 cradle. It will get better when you get used to it.

Seidio
    Global Posts
    100 Global Posts

Yep, I have the standard Innodock. Although I have to get use to fitting the Treo into the dock's "floating" contact strip, it really does what it is suppose to do - Charge and Sync. For me, if the phone not standing up vertical - I'll forget to grab every morming.

Yep, I have the standard Innodock. Although I have to get use to fitting the Treo into the dock's "floating" contact strip, it really does what it is suppose to do - Charge and Sync. For me, if the phone not standing up vertical - I'll forget to grab every morming.
    Hi NeoTreo,

I am glad you like the standard desktop type cradle. This is the reason why we release different cradles to meet different users' needs.

Seidio
    I had a no-name type cradle purchased of ebay that didnt work. I ordered the
    inno-bundle w/ charger and cradle.... hopefully this works. Also picked up an fm wireless adapter, bluetooth headset, and some other items. The order was placed online over the weekend and I paid for 2-day shipping yet never received our order this week. yet.

Wrote and email and did not get a response either. I had one of my guys drop them a line again today...... Would be nice to obtain what we ordered before the week is out. Even a response and a tracking number would be nice.

Your customer service is lacking.

Nice to see you can make time to post on a forum though!
    Last edited by Chris@TSE; 09/01/2005 at 07:02 AM.
    Quote Originally Posted by Chris@TSE
    I had a no-name type cradle purchased of ebay that didnt work. I ordered the
    inno-bundle w/ charger and cradle.... hopefully this works. Also picked up an fm wireless adapter, bluetooth headset, and some other items. The order was placed online over the weekend and I paid for 2-day shipping yet never received our order this week. yet.

Wrote and email and did not get a response either. I had one of my guys drop them a line again today...... Would be nice to obtain what we ordered before the week is out. Even a response and a tracking number would be nice.

Your customer service is lacking.

Nice to see you can make time to post on a forum though!
    Hi Chris,

I believe our customer service has contacted you to make the arrangement. If you have any further questions, please email me dsc@seidio.com. I will take care of it.

David Chang
    Seidio
    Global Posts
    779 Global Posts
    Got my standard Innodock with dual charger yesterday: I like them.

With all the stated fears about poor quality of Seidio products, I decided to inspect the dock carefully:

The first thing I noticed was that the sticker over the hotsync button and power LED was raising. I simply pressed it back into place and wiped off the minor glue smudge. It has stayed in place for several hours since and I consider it as good as new. Also obvious was the "Cingular blue" printed-on font used. I would have prefered palmOne black but that's just my preference.

The build is accurate: no overlapping joints and my 650 fits snuggly into the connector (probably a bit too tightly but I expect it to loosen with use) and rests perfectly back onto the dock. I like the angle of tilt: perfect for use while in the dock. Its weight combined with that of the 650, plus the rubber feet make it rest firmly on my desk. I feared it might have been too light based on a previous user's comments. This is not the case.

Functionally, no problems, at least so far. The hotsync button is perfectly placed for a left-handed squeeze, pressing the button with the thumb. It has synced consistently and my 3.5mm audio jack worked perfectly with my Panasonic earbuds, no audio coupler used. I was never interested in the audio ouput jack and honestly thought I would never use it. however, since I've plugged in, I've been listening to some mp3's while I write this. I could get accustomed to this. The dual charger has worked as decribed. Although the setup of the charger was straightforward, with s few USB connections and setup permutations, I decided to visit Seidio's website to confirm it as a precaution. I would recommend that the picture documentation of ports connections be included with the charger.

Overall, I'm happy with this purchase. It's unfortunate that PalmOne did not include a cradle, and a decent one at that, with our expensive 650s. However, Seidio was up to the task. I will monitor the cradle over time and report if I observe any issues...
    Last edited by eKeith; 09/11/2005 at 04:11 AM.
    i rejected this product because there is no direct AC charge - only the USB. i bought 2 OEM Palm cradles instead. the Palms are high quality, exacting fit, reliable sync, and they have both a USB and an AC power charge connection. the only downside is you can't sync with any cases.
    Global Posts
    779 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Gekko
    i rejected this product because there is no direct AC charge - only the USB...
    Reports of problems with the OEM cradle kept me at bay and the reason you mentioned is exactly why I waited until this dual USB/AC charger was available.
    Reports of problems with the OEM cradle kept me at bay and the reason you mentioned is exactly why I waited until this dual USB/AC charger was available.
    REV B 0529 Palm cradles from CompUSA work great.
    Got my standard Innodock with dual charger yesterday: I like them.

With all the stated fears about poor quality of Seidio products, I decided to inspect the dock carefully:

The first thing I noticed was that the sticker over the hotsync button and power LED was raising. I simply pressed it back into place and wiped off the minor glue smudge. It has stayed in place for several hours since and I consider it as good as new. Also obvious was the "Cingular blue" printed-on font used. I would have prefered palmOne black but that's just my preference.

The build is accurate: no overlapping joints and my 650 fits snuggly into the connector (probably a bit too tightly but I expect it to loosen with use) and rests perfectly back onto the dock. I like the angle of tilt: perfect for use while in the dock. Its weight combined with that of the 650, plus the rubber feet make it rest firmly on my desk. I feared it might have been too light based on a previous user's comments. This is not the case.

Functionally, no problems, at least so far. The hotsync button is perfectly placed for a left-handed squeeze, pressing the button with the thumb. It has synced consistently and my 3.5mm audio jack worked perfectly with my Panasonic earbuds, no audio coupler used. I was never interested in the audio ouput jack and honestly thought I would never use it. however, since I've plugged in, I've been listening to some mp3's while I write this. I could get accustomed to this. The dual charger has worked as decribed. Although the setup of the charger was straightforward, with s few USB connections and setup permutations, I decided to visit Seidio's website to confirm it as a precaution. I would recommend that the picture documentation of ports connections be included with the charger.

Overall, I'm happy with this purchase. It's unfortunate that PalmOne did not include a cradle, and a decent one at that, with our expensive 650s. However, Seidio was up to the task. I will monitor the cradle over time and report if I observe any issues...
    Thanks very much for the positive review. Glad to hear that the Innodock matched up to your expectations. Once you get used to listening to music while you work, it becomes downright addictive.

David
    just got the seidio cradle, love it so far...I though I'd share some pics
    http://steinitz.smugmug.com/gallery/...36179174/Large
    Palm Pilot 1000 -> Sprint TP-3000 -> Treo 300 -> Treo 650
    Real close to picking this thing up, but hear from those that may have tried both the standard usb 1.1 and the 2.0 cables. Could anyone comment on the transfer / charging differences b/t the 2? I saw a couple people mention in this thread that they didnt think the treo was capable of transferring at 2.0 speeds. This really true? Also, can a generic male to male usb2.0 cable be used or does it have to be the one from seidio?

Thanks a bunch.
    Quote Originally Posted by durex
    Real close to picking this thing up, but hear from those that may have tried both the standard usb 1.1 and the 2.0 cables. Could anyone comment on the transfer / charging differences b/t the 2? I saw a couple people mention in this thread that they didnt think the treo was capable of transferring at 2.0 speeds. This really true? Also, can a generic male to male usb2.0 cable be used or does it have to be the one from seidio?

Thanks a bunch.
    Hi durex,

Let me update this reply. After talking to our technical team more thoroughly, this is what they said:

Although the USB2.0 does not have a dramatic speed improvement on the Treo based on the speed limitation of the Treo, it will give a much more stable connection between the computer and the Treo. This is because the shielding on the USB2.0 cable is different than the USB1.1 cable. As you can see, the USB2.0 cable is constructed with a clear cable, which will let the user see the shielding inside the cable. This shielding can eliminate signal distortion and interference. Coupled with that, you should see a significant increase in the transfer speed of larger files. Overall, the addition of a USB 2.0 cable does indeed make good sense. Seidio always trys to add extra value for the user for any products we sell. Sorry for the previous misinformation and I hope this makes things clearer.

David
    Last edited by seidioseidio; 09/19/2005 at 09:07 AM.
    I ordered one of these cradles and got it promptly. However, due to the poor picture, the sync button is not shown, and when I get my cradle I find that the sync button is a sort of cheap, adhesive metal sticker, which is already peeling from the dock itself, and I haven't even used it yet. I'm not very impressed at the moment. I would recommend that Seidio think about putting a real button on their unit.