Page 10 of 14 FirstFirst ... 567891011121314 LastLast
    Seidio will also release a stand alone spare battery charger for Treo 650 next week.

Seidio
    Well, I just got a Seidio "Inno Dock" cradle, and it's no better than the Palm cradle. It does not perform a hot sync. I assume the button on the side with the "hot sync" icon is the hot sync button, but when I press it, nothing happens. I get this result wether the cradle is plugged in via my USB hub or directly into the laptop; and yes, "USB Local" is checked in the HotSync menu.

I haven't even bothered trying the audio out function.

But boy, I sure am accumulating a nice collection of chargers around here!
    Paul Schatzkin
    http://49chevy.com
    "The difficult we do right away, the impossible takes slightly longer." --Philo T. Farnsworth
    - - - - - - - - - - - - -
    I must be an chronic early adopter: First a Palm Pilot, then a Palm V, a Treo 300, and now the Treo 650...(my, THAT was a long time ago!)
    Quote Originally Posted by driver49
    Well, I just got a Seidio "Inno Dock" cradle, and it's no better than the Palm cradle. It does not perform a hot sync. I assume the button on the side with the "hot sync" icon is the hot sync button, but when I press it, nothing happens. I get this result wether the cradle is plugged in via my USB hub or directly into the laptop; and yes, "USB Local" is checked in the HotSync menu.

I haven't even bothered trying the audio out function.

But boy, I sure am accumulating a nice collection of chargers around here!
    Hi, Please contact technical support 832-204-1114, we will solve this problem for you . Or email support@seidio.com.

David chang
    Seidio
    Quote Originally Posted by grndslm
    Hey Seidio and other InnoDock users, I'm trying to find a cradle that has audio out and also always me to speak to people on the other end of the conversation. I'm going to mount it in my car...on the dash, obviously.

I tried this cradle that I found on ebay: http://cgi.ebay.com/Dock-cradle-for-...QQcmdZViewItem

It works great really since it's so snug, the only two problems I'm having with that cradle are (1) It has it's own microphone which really sucks....I can replace it, but I'd still rather use the Treo's microphone since I know it's quality. (2) The worst of the two, which is it won't actually charge...I broke it to get it open (couldn't figure out how to get the magnets outta the way of the screws, so I more or less ripped the thing to shreds) so I'm ordering another to find out if I can mod it and replace the microphone.

Well, my questions for you about your cradle are...

(1) Does the audio-out work or not?? I'm plugging it directly into the auxiliary input on the back of my cd player....so, I don't believe I should have any impedance problems.
    (2) I see that your cradle uses the Treo's internal microphone....how well does that work?
    (3) How long is the usb cable that comes with the cradle?
    (4) Finally, the only true concern I have with this cradle if the first 3 questions have acceptable answers....how snug would this be on the dash of a car that takes frequent sharp turns? I think it would be a lot easier to add some velcro or something if I needed to...than to add a microphone and try and pull the adapter farther out of the other cradle.

What are your thoughts??

Thanks.
    Nobody wants to answer??? I'm getting really anxious to set this thing up, and the innodock looks like it might work better than the cheapo ebay cradle. Again, my main concern is if you quickly move the cradle from side to side (preferably with no case)....will the treo fall out of the dock??

Other answers to the questions above would be greatly appreciated.
    Quote Originally Posted by grndslm
    Nobody wants to answer??? I'm getting really anxious to set this thing up, and the innodock looks like it might work better than the cheapo ebay cradle. Again, my main concern is if you quickly move the cradle from side to side (preferably with no case)....will the treo fall out of the dock??

Other answers to the questions above would be greatly appreciated.
    1. Just tried audio out with my cheapo CA speakers I got for free when I bought Quicken 2003 a few years ago and they worked fine. YMMV of course.

2. have tried it a couple times talking from my desk with speakerphone on and seemed to work ok, but would typically use my BT headset. If you use VolumeCare you can boost the mic so it can pick up your voice from farther away I think.

3. 2 feet I think

4. You would have to secure it like you said with velcro or something I think. The cradle has 4 little rubber feet but I'm sure it would slide around
    Palm III > HS Visor > Treo 600 > Treo 650 > Treo 750 > Treo Pro > PrePlus GSM

"95% of all software issues are due to USER ERROR."
    Quote Originally Posted by scottymomo
    1. Just tried audio out with my cheapo CA speakers I got for free when I bought Quicken 2003 a few years ago and they worked fine. YMMV of course.
    Sounds good...

2. have tried it a couple times talking from my desk with speakerphone on and seemed to work ok, but would typically use my BT headset. If you use VolumeCare you can boost the mic so it can pick up your voice from farther away I think.
    A couple feet [even if I had to buy VolumeCare] seems like it'd be better than the 2 or 3 inches away from the cheapo cradle.

3. 2 feet I think
    Dang...that's shorter than the cheapo ebay cradle....not so important, obviously, as I can replace the cable.

4. You would have to secure it like you said with velcro or something I think. The cradle has 4 little rubber feet but I'm sure it would slide around
    Well...I'm clearly going to mount the cradle on the dash so the cradle moving around won't be a problem. Velcro's not seeming like such a good idea in my head anymore. I'd really like to use egrips...the only problem is that my experience with them has been less than fulfilling (they grippy material peels off of the plastic part WAY to easily). Any other ideas to secure the Treo in the cradle suited for a dash???
    Quote Originally Posted by seidioseidio
    Hi,

In about one week.

Seidioseidio

Any word on when the cradle will work with the Vaja case?
    Any word on the Vaja compatiability with the new Seidio cradle?
    Quote Originally Posted by txschafers
    We expect to receive the shipment later part of next week.

David Chang
    Seidio
    Ok, I've been using this cradle at work for about a month now, and it has functioned great! it charges quickly, fits my magnum case well, and sounds great when connected to a set of speakers. synching was not a problem either. I really like that i keeps the treo upright (as opposed to just laying it down on my desk) and since i use a bluetooth headset, taking a call is not a problem.
    just my $.02
    it's not a crack house, it's a crack home.
    Anyone having a problem with the sticker that covers the button and LED's coming off? Or the charging circuit on the phone shutting down after you make a call while the unit is "docked" in the Innodock? There have been several times after a call on the headset, while the Treo is docked that the phone has had a dead battery the next morning, even though it showed a GREEN fully charged light????

Lee
    Lee Ladisky
    Innodock works with most of the speakers. For very few customers who experience the problem with audio out. It is due to impedance. If you do the search under impedance in this forum, you will find the theory and the helpful tips. Below is one of them.

Just an update for anyone paying attention:

I was having problems with the audio-out port on my cradle. My Treo 650 wasn't detecting that I had plugged it into an aux-in port on my desktop stereo. It would output the sound to the speaker on the back of the Treo, rather than to the stereo.

I picked up an inline volume control from Radio Shack for just under $6, and plugged it in between the cradle and the stereo. That fixed the problem. I think it added some impedance to the circuit, so now the Treo detects that something is connected.

Seidio is currently working a solution. It should be available soon.

Since we introduces Innodock in June, many have been sold. Only very few complaint is received. For those who experience some problem with Innodock, please accept our apology and contact rma@seidioonline.com.

Seidio
    I haven't seen any "theory" or anything else here that substantiates your statement that it is an impedance problem, or what aspect of the characteristic impedance of the dock output is the issue that results in some speakers that work and some that don't. Please explain-your response may assist potential and existing customers with selection of an apppropriate audio device to connect to the Innodock.
    Cingular Treo 650 with 1.14/1.51 ROW software/firmware
    modified Piel Frama & Innopocket cases
    modified battery cover (with drilled reset hole)
    1 GB Card o' Software & Stuff
    Camera Disabled (to keep the security guards happy)
    Innodock for Vaja case will be available tomorrow 8/17

Seidio

Seidio
    Do we need to order a special part # or do we need to wait until tomorrow to order?
    Thanks,
    Kevin

Seidio
    Is it a special cradle we need to order? Will it state Vaja compatiable?
    Quote Originally Posted by Leeladisky
    Anyone having a problem with the sticker that covers the button and LED's coming off?

Lee
    Yes, I have had that problem right from the get-go.

I also wish it were heavier and that the hot sync button had a better feel to it -- I like it overall, but these things are the sort that make me think that the quality should be better, considering that the features are great.

BH

Seidio
    I don't see it on the Seidio site.
    I don't see it on the Seidio site.
    We will set up for purchasing on our site today.

Seidio
    Quote Originally Posted by Leeladisky
    Anyone having a problem with the sticker that covers the button and LED's coming off? Or the charging circuit on the phone shutting down after you make a call while the unit is "docked" in the Innodock? There have been several times after a call on the headset, while the Treo is docked that the phone has had a dead battery the next morning, even though it showed a GREEN fully charged light????

Lee
    Hello Lee,

We would like to do some troubleshooting with you, either over the phone or through service@seidio.com. However, here are a few quick tips:
    - the green light on the INNO.Dock does not mean that charging is done, it simply shows that the INNO.Dock is being powered.
    - the Treo needs to show a Red light to indicate it is charging.
    - after each call of every now and then if you've bumped the table or stand the INNO.Dock is on, check the Treo for the Red light, soemtimes a simple bump on the desk and cause the connector to wiggle just enough to pull it out of the charging connector

Well, I hope you'll give us an email so we can resolve this matter further if need be.

Thank You

Seidio
    Quote Originally Posted by BorderHeeler
    Yes, I have had that problem right from the get-go.

I also wish it were heavier and that the hot sync button had a better feel to it -- I like it overall, but these things are the sort that make me think that the quality should be better, considering that the features are great.

BH
    The sticker on mine is just starting to become loose.
    Palm III > HS Visor > Treo 600 > Treo 650 > Treo 750 > Treo Pro > PrePlus GSM

"95% of all software issues are due to USER ERROR."