1.    #1  
    Just updated to the new version 1.1 and like it a lot. I use a Treo 650 on a Mac running OSX 10.3.6.

One of the best features of the Quick News update is the ability to save feeds to a card. Problem - when I choose this option, desktop syncing no longer does anything. Nothing gets downloaded or updated.

Wireless updates work just fine from the Treo.

Any ideas? i have a note into Tech support, but have not heard back.

Thanks
    Do you have the Quick News application stored on the SD card? I just started with version 1.1 but noticed that I can't get updates via HotSync if the app is on the card - I have to move it back into main memory. Feeds updating to the card is not a problem with a HotSync as long as I move the app to memory. I'm on a PC, not a Mac, BTW. Wireless updates work fine with the app and feeds stored on the card.
  3.    #3  
    Thanks for the quick reponse Marky. The QN application is stored in the Treo's main memory. Only the feeds are stored on the card.

Ideas?
    I know this sounds obvious, but have you tried uninstalling the desktop conduit and reinstalling?
  5.    #5  
    I did try deleting and reinstalling the conduit - no change -- still no desktop sync.

Ideas?
    Global Posts
    277 Global Posts
    I am assuming the conduit has 'update feeds' checked.
  7.    #7  
    I've tried checking both "download news" and "import feeds and download news."

Neither works.

Are you all having luck with a desktop sync with v1.1 when feeds are saved to a card?

Thanks for all the help.
    Make sure that you select 'Update all at Hotsync' in the Feeds list menu
    Mobi·gas·mic!
    226 Posts
    Global Posts
    277 Global Posts
    1.1 on SD works fine for me, but i'm on a PC....
  10.    #10  
    Thanks everyone for their help. After digging around in folders, I figured out I was trying to sync with the conduit from an older version. I installed the latest conduit and all works great.

V1.1 seems to be a significant update to the program. It's stable, auto updates work as they should, an navigation seems more logical. E-mailing from the program is much better (great integration with Snapper).

Another post suggested moving "open link" to the top of the pick list for a giveb article. I'll second that suggestion.

Thanks again.
    Glad you got it resolved. One question; do you have the Quick News application residing on your SD card, and if so, do auto updates work properly?
  12.    #12  
    Thanks for alll your help MarkY. I'm running QN from main memory - only the feed data gets stored on the card.