Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    PCS system means 1.9GHz frequency band. Cellular system means 850MHz or 800MHz frequency band. Hopefully, that hopes anyone confused with the terminology for cell phone system.

v3treonut,

how much did you friend end up paying? If you only need pcs coverage, then you might want to take a look at repeater from wireless extenders. They have one for $299 and this includes antenna and power supply and cable. A friend of mine bought one and he cannot do without it.
    RFZENYEN
    I got one of the Wireless extenders and for me it really sucked. I've returned it and ordered one of the WIlson 3 Watt (i think, I'm not home now) antenna kits that ended up costing me 350 as opposed to the Wireless Extender which cost me 250. The Wilson has much better specs so I'm hoping that it will work much better. I had to sit right next to the WE to get any signal. I'll let you know wow it works once I get it next week. (they were backordered)
    The Wilson bi-directional amps work great. I get an increase of 2+ signal bars (signal strength readout varies by phone and model) allowing me to use my phone in many places that I could not use it previously. It also reduces droped calls when traveling and encountering bad hand-offs between cells. for those looking for results on the cheap; try a vehicle mounted antenna and an adapter from Wilson first. One can always add the amp to this set-up later. Just make sure that you have a phone with a supported connector.
    Mark Bergman
    Quote Originally Posted by wktaylor
    I got one of the Wireless extenders and for me it really sucked. I've returned it and ordered one of the WIlson 3 Watt (i think, I'm not home now) antenna kits that ended up costing me 350 as opposed to the Wireless Extender which cost me 250. The Wilson has much better specs so I'm hoping that it will work much better. I had to sit right next to the WE to get any signal. I'll let you know wow it works once I get it next week. (they were backordered)
    wktaylor,

are you sure your treo is not using 850MHz? If you are using Cingular, there is a good chance that 850MHz is being used.

I know that Wireless Extenders unit has a signal LED that flashes green if you are making a call and you are using 1900MHz service. Did it do this for you?

rfzenyen
    RFZENYEN
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12