1.    #1  
    I've just got my 650

I've searched the forum and read various threads about Web Pro compatibility on the 650.

I have now managed to get all versions 3.0a patched and 3.01a patched - whilst both work fine, they freeze the Treo (blank white screen) until it's soft reset, after I've exited Web Pro, for example, by hitting the Home button. Sometimes, it says data space is low (even though I have 13mb free ...). I've also tried unticking the use proxy setting.

Anyone have Web Pro working on GSM Treo 650? If so, which version do you have and any special settings?

Cheers

P.S. Blazer doesn't load up all the sites I need, as Web Pro used to do on my Treo 600 I also don't want to try Xiino or Reqviewer or whatever it's called.
    Some people have said they get webpro to work on their 650. I could never get any version to work. I think with 3.0.1a it would work but upon exiting it soft resets. After using Xiino I don't really miss webpro that much it rendered pages better but xiino is the fastest out there.
    Everex Freestyle - Casio E-105 - Palm Vx - Treo 90 - Treo 300 - Treo 600 - Treo 650 - Treo 700p -Centro
    I have 3.0 on mine - as long as I don't change any of the default home page or preferences settings, everything seems to run fine & it exits normally. I tried setting my home page a few times & kept getting the white screen freeze on exit.
    Global Posts
    684 Global Posts
    If you use 3.0.1a, it will reset on exit if you change the preferences. However, the preferences selected WILL be remembered after the reset. So, install 3.0.1a and change all of the preferences at once and be done with it or just plan on resetting after every change. If you don't change preferences during a session, it exits fine. I have it set to clear the cache on exit and have changed the homepage to blank. One thing though. One time I switched from Handheld View to Normal View and it totally bombed the program. YMMV, but I don't recommend using Normal View. It's slow anyway.

Web Pro is faster than Blazer IMO and it's free. Sometimes it loads pages Blazer can't. It also takes up less than 2 megs if you have it clear its cache. It's a no brainer to have it installed IMO.
  5.    #5  
    Excellent answers. Many thanks. I'll give it a go!

P.S. Yes, I did change the preferences ie. homepage so that explains the white blank page and soft reset problem.
  6.    #6  
    Oops. One more question:

Which file should I sync from my back up to bring over my bookmarks from WebProV ? If it's at all possible that is. Thanks
    Global Posts
    684 Global Posts
    On 3.0.1a the bookmark file is called NovarraFavorites.PDB.
  8.    #8  
    Worked great, thanks.
    Hmmm... I think it's NovarraBookmarks. And you'll probably want NovarraBookmarkCategories too (if you have created any categories for the bookmarks).
    Quote Originally Posted by clie2k
    I've just got my 650

I've searched the forum and read various threads about Web Pro compatibility on the 650.

I have now managed to get all versions 3.0a patched and 3.01a patched -
    Can you provide links to the WP versions?
    -->BtDUN pre- and post- SprintPCS update 1.12 paired to PC and PPC.
    Darth_Maul -- a dark attacker, trained in the Jedi arts.
    Global Posts
    939 Global Posts
    blazer 4, which comes with the treo 650, is for all I can see, identical to webpro 3 isn't it?
    the interface is the same, I believe, isn't it?
    I gotta have more cowbell