1.    #1  
    Hello all,
    I use the Treo CD comes with the phone to install onto my Mac, and it says there is a "Transport Monitor" error or something. This prevents me from setting any Hotsync user name, thus not completing the whole install process. What can I do to make the install complete? Thank you for your help.
    Have you an earlier version of Palm Desktop, or perhaps Missing Sync? If so, make sure they are uninstalled before you install the new version.
    MaxiMunK.com The Forum That Asks, "Are You Not Entertained?"

Remember: "Anyone that thinks the Treo should just work right out of the box, shouldn't own a Treo..."
    Probably this should be moved to the Mac forum??
    MaxiMunK.com The Forum That Asks, "Are You Not Entertained?"

Remember: "Anyone that thinks the Treo should just work right out of the box, shouldn't own a Treo..."
  4.    #4  
    Yep, I am sorry I forgot to mention this is for my Mac. Apologize for the trouble.
    Thanks for the pointer. I did have earlier version of Palm Desktop before. I thought I have removed them completely. Obviously I didn't.
  5.    #5  
    First of all, if necessary please help move this to Mac forum.

I just did another search on my Mac harddisk and make sure all things Palm Desktop or Hotsync, or anything MissingSync is gone. But I still got the installation error. Please kindly let me know if there are other files that might not be under those names but interfering the process. Thanks.