Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    Global Posts
    147 Global Posts
    I have a LONG list of complaints about this very buggy app.
    so it's great that you can stay online all day, thats what i would expect from a device like the treo that is connected all day. I would understand if it was freeware but this is PAY software, not only pay but subscription. There is no way I will renew unless all bugs are fixed...

1. Away messages are horrible. You have to create a new message each time and they're limitted. Away messages get very strange if u crash or close without taking them down.

2. Ugly format. on a pda screen thats small enough, theres no excuse for having empty space.

3. No easy way to toggle between chats. there should be key combinations for each chat, like menu button +q, w, e, etc.

Archives are nice, so is sending files, but bottom line this application looks and feels like a beta application. if u want to see how aim SHOULD be, play with a tmobile sidekick 2. This is the sleekest interface for aim of any mobile device. Theres no reason the treo can't be just like this, or better. It's a much more powerful device than the sidekick. From what I've heard verichat is the best AIM app out there, and if that's the case then this makes me very sad. Such a well developed library of software but such a horrible aim client

At 25 bucks I feel this was a rip off, wish I could get my money back.

These are just my opinions, what do u all think?
    Quote Originally Posted by machx
    but bottom line this application looks and feels like a beta application.
    the lastest version is beta
    Global Posts
    147 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by ekuzco
    the lastest version is beta
    sooooo why do they charge for it???
    Not to jump on you, but why did you pay for it if you think it's so bad? Didn't you run a demo for a few days first?
    sooooo why do they charge for it???
    They sold you on it.

Personally, I use it all the time and don't have a problem with it.
    Global Posts
    147 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by MarkY
    Not to jump on you, but why did you pay for it if you think it's so bad? Didn't you run a demo for a few days first?
    Honestly I did it in haste...and I guess it's better than the free clients 25 bucks isn't bad, I just wish it was a lot better, I'd pay 50.
    Quote Originally Posted by hofo_mofo
    I wish verichat would allow you to change your name (i use it for MSN)
    You can change your name (and other profile settings) from the actual MSN messenger app on your computer. It should then update to Verichat next time you logon to the service....sounds good in theory...haven't actually tried yet though.
    Honestly I did it in haste...and I guess it's better than the free clients 25 bucks isn't bad, I just wish it was a lot better, I'd pay 50.
    I can understand that. I too wish it were more robust and stable however, I believe it will be improved upon in time.
    so it's great that you can stay online all day, thats what i would expect from a device like the treo that is connected all day. I would understand if it was freeware but this is PAY software, not only pay but subscription. There is no way I will renew unless all bugs are fixed...

1. Away messages are horrible. You have to create a new message each time and they're limitted. Away messages get very strange if u crash or close without taking them down.

2. Ugly format. on a pda screen thats small enough, theres no excuse for having empty space.

3. No easy way to toggle between chats. there should be key combinations for each chat, like menu button +q, w, e, etc.

Archives are nice, so is sending files, but bottom line this application looks and feels like a beta application. if u want to see how aim SHOULD be, play with a tmobile sidekick 2. This is the sleekest interface for aim of any mobile device. Theres no reason the treo can't be just like this, or better. It's a much more powerful device than the sidekick. From what I've heard verichat is the best AIM app out there, and if that's the case then this makes me very sad. Such a well developed library of software but such a horrible aim client

I think all the problems must be yours, hundreds if not thousands of people use this app without problems.
    Global Posts
    678 Global Posts
    I have no problems with Vericaht running in SMS mode.

Machx,
    You can jump between chat sessions with the bottom right button next to the file send button. It shows all your active chats and youcan just move from one to the other.
    Mike G

Touch (Sprint)
    Quote Originally Posted by ekuzco
    You can change your name (and other profile settings) from the actual MSN messenger app on your computer. It should then update to Verichat next time you logon to the service....sounds good in theory...haven't actually tried yet though.
    yeah of course it does But thats easy and done. However I usually log in at random times in random locations, and well I want to be able to tell my people on my list that i am on my Palm...there has to be an easier way to change your name...as it is you can add and delete people from your list but not change your name...understand
    Global Posts
    147 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by mg48
    I have no problems with Vericaht running in SMS mode.

Machx,
    You can jump between chat sessions with the bottom right button next to the file send button. It shows all your active chats and youcan just move from one to the other.
    I realize this but it is highly inconvenient. thats like 5 button presses at least where it could be two.
    Global Posts
    147 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by dlbrummels
    I think all the problems must be yours, hundreds if not thousands of people use this app without problems.
    Did you read my post? most of them weren't "problems" they were more flaws in the design/UI insufficiencies.
    Like I said, many use this app, you tried it an bought it, and make excuses now ?

Works flawlessly for most, have no problems with the interface, use it for years.

Did you even read the docs or contact them bedore turning into a troller ?
    Global Posts
    147 Global Posts
    You have no idea what I'm talking about so let's move on...

THERE ARE UNDENIABLE UI INSUFFICIENCIES. just because you've never had better doesn't mean it's "flawless" that's the most ridiculous claim I've heard in my life. Do u work for the company or something?
    Last edited by machx; 05/27/2005 at 11:21 AM.
    Global Posts
    296 Global Posts
    I don't work for the company, but I've used it for a very long time and like it. I saw your original post, and it's clear that there are things you don't like about it. However, I don't have any problems with it "working" - it does what it is supposed to do, and keeps getting better. We all have our opinions about the products that are available for the Treo, and you are entitled to yours. Just a lot of people who don't share them - that's all!

Danita

Dear machX,

Thanks for voicing your comments, (and thanks to all VeriChat users who stood up here and backed us up).

A *lot* of users use VeriChat, and like it, so we must have gotten something right in the design. That said, we recoignise that the single most important thing about UI is that there are multiple styles that are comfortable to different folks, and we strive hard to find the right balance and combination.

Please do write to us at support@pdaapps.com, and we think a more detailed dialog in which we can better understand the problems you are running into will be very useful to us (and to you eventually) as we incorporate some of your suggestions.

PDAapps
    I would have to agree with machX on the problem of rotating between chat sessions. I find myself poking at the screen with my finger trying to bring up my other chat sessions.
    On the other two points, I don't use away messages and I find the UI mostly pleasing
    Global Posts
    147 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Danitaz
    I don't work for the company, but I've used it for a very long time and like it. I saw your original post, and it's clear that there are things you don't like about it. However, I don't have any problems with it "working" - it does what it is supposed to do, and keeps getting better. We all have our opinions about the products that are available for the Treo, and you are entitled to yours. Just a lot of people who don't share them - that's all!

Danita
    I never had any problems or said I had problems with it working. UI is where I was annoyed.
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast