Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    How do you change the names of your groups?
    I have used Verichat since my Treo 270 Days. I really like it and use it all the time. When I am chatting mulit conversation and I see the small window pop up, I tap it and it brings me to that conversation. I do really like Chatters ability to show what you have and have not responded to.

I like the idea of a better way to see which conversations are fresh.

These are my two favorite Treo applications.
    Global Posts
    509 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by digitalfx
    How do you change the names of your groups?
    Are you asking about Chatopus?

Chatopus do not allow you to change the name of the group directly. To do so, you will need to create a new group and then assign new users to the new group.

Of course, you can also use a Jabber client on your PC. Most of the PC clients allow you to rename a group.
    Quote Originally Posted by jaytee
    Chatopus allows you to use your own (or any other) jabber server for IM. I would think that would be a very good intra-company IM platform. There are even nice PC clients for it ;-)
    A company I used to work for used Jabber as their internal IM system. (The company I work for now uses MS LCS aka "MS Messenger for Exchange"...)

The major problem with using Jabber that I can see is PalmOS's fairly shaky SSL support (the same issues that have plagued Chatter Email users for quite awhile but that Marc has managed to work around quite well) -- of course, if you're going through a PPTP or IPSec VPN to get to a Jabber server, that problem largely goes away.

-SC
    "Never put off until tomorrow what you can do today. There might be a law against it by that time." -/usr/games/fortune
    while on the subject of VeriChat: has anyone else been having issues with losing connectivity to the VeriChat proxies during the evening hours (between approximately 7 and 10 pm EDT) the past couple of weeks? It isn't a carrier issue...at first I thought it might be T-Mobile acting up, but changing APNs from wap to internet3 doesn't help, and I'm now hearing similar complaints from friends who use Cingular and SPCS.

-SC
    "Never put off until tomorrow what you can do today. There might be a law against it by that time." -/usr/games/fortune
    Quote Originally Posted by roamer1
    while on the subject of VeriChat: has anyone else been having issues with losing connectivity to the VeriChat proxies during the evening hours (between approximately 7 and 10 pm EDT) the past couple of weeks? It isn't a carrier issue...at first I thought it might be T-Mobile acting up, but changing APNs from wap to internet3 doesn't help, and I'm now hearing similar complaints from friends who use Cingular and SPCS.

-SC
    I have SPCS and noticed a similar issue with just my AIM connection. Now, I cannot even connect to AIM during the day. I get an "You are being logged off AIM" message.
    I've been using verichat for 2 years happily; recently it has started to cause resets on my 650. I can log onto verichat use it, but when I log off the 650 resets within 2 minutes. I've reinstalled, tried the latest version, etc. on the recommendation of pdaapps but nothing helps. The ##377 shows a failure in whatever application I happen to be in when the reset occurs. My renewal is due in a week, and I'm wondering what to do. I love the program, have never looked at any of the alternates, but it's getting difficult to manage.
    Quote Originally Posted by otis530
    I've been using verichat for 2 years happily; recently it has started to cause resets on my 650. I can log onto verichat use it, but when I log off the 650 resets within 2 minutes. I've reinstalled, tried the latest version, etc. on the recommendation of pdaapps but nothing helps. The ##377 shows a failure in whatever application I happen to be in when the reset occurs. My renewal is due in a week, and I'm wondering what to do. I love the program, have never looked at any of the alternates, but it's getting difficult to manage.
    otis530: please write to us at support@pdaapps.com. You may need a patched version of VeriChat and/or a firmware upgrade to deal with this issue.

PDAapps
    Quote Originally Posted by mg48
    I have no problems with Vericaht running in SMS mode.

Machx,
    You can jump between chat sessions with the bottom right button next to the file send button. It shows all your active chats and youcan just move from one to the other.

And an easy way to to do that without tapping with the stylus is: menu + L. when you are in the chat window, that will pull up the sessions window on the bottom.
    Sprint Treo 700p, Sony UX/TX, u720,
    Edirol R-09, Mitsu PK 20, Mimio
    what version are you all using that's stable?
    Fred
    Cingular 680
    mine is crashing evrytime i try to send a file to another msn user

AND

I cannot do multiple conversation with two or more friends

pathetic

I love the stock quotes bot thou'
    Good job posting to a year-old thread.

Works fine here on both counts.
    I use Chatopus and pretty happy with it!
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123