Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    on my Treo 650 this app never crashes. Its a good program , but the price is a rip off...big time.
    Quote Originally Posted by hofo_mofo
    yeah of course it does But thats easy and done. However I usually log in at random times in random locations, and well I want to be able to tell my people on my list that i am on my Palm...there has to be an easier way to change your name...as it is you can add and delete people from your list but not change your name...understand
    Yes, I'd really like to see this as well. On my PC I use another 3rd party chat app (trillian) and I frequently change my name to quickly let people know that I'm working from home, on vacation, etc. At work when travelling on business people change their names to show what city they're (temporarily) in. As you say, on the Treo it'd be especially nice to be able to append (on Treo) to my name since that definitely is good for people to know. I assume we'll see this in a future release at some point ...

Otherwise I think it's pretty great ...
    The title of this thread is misleading. More appropriate is:

VERICHAT...VERY disappointing becasue it is not FREE!!!

"...so it's great that you can stay online all day, thats what i would expect from a device like the treo that is connected all day. I would stand if it was freeware...
    "...Archives are nice, so is sending files, but...
    "...Such a well developed library of software but...
    "...At 25 bucks I feel this was a rip off, wish I could get my money back."
    Christ, let the man speak his opinion.
    1 | 2
    Quote Originally Posted by PDAapps
    Dear machX,

Thanks for voicing your comments, (and thanks to all VeriChat users who stood up here and backed us up).

A *lot* of users use VeriChat, and like it, so we must have gotten something right in the design. That said, we recoignise that the single most important thing about UI is that there are multiple styles that are comfortable to different folks, and we strive hard to find the right balance and combination.

Please do write to us at support@pdaapps.com, and we think a more detailed dialog in which we can better understand the problems you are running into will be very useful to us (and to you eventually) as we incorporate some of your suggestions.

PDAapps
    verichat is the best of the best i must say...and whatever platform i use it will be there
    On a similar note, I wish Agile would update their Palm version from the v2 beta. Their Smartphone v3 is very good. Agile v3 > Verichat/Causerie, and its free. I'd even pay for theirs.
    I am very pleased with Verichat. It has generally been stable for me, and when I have issues, PDAApps has been very responsive--second only to Marc Blank/Chatter. I would recommend Verichat to anyone. It is a great product, and I think the price is perfectly reasonable.
    yeah, verichat has been good for me so far. gonna buy it after my trial is up.
    I wish PDAapps or another developer would step up with a non-subscription chat client (yes, I know that AgileMsgr is free). What I'd really love to see is a standalone app with an option to run your own proxy server. IMing with friends is fine and all, but some businesses use IM as a medium for discussion, and having all communication routed through a 3rd party before even getting to the service provider is a bit sketchy.

I am of course acquainted with the concept of internal IM serers (Groupwise, Sametime, etc), so no one needs to make the trite "If it's that mission-critical, it shouldn't be on IM anyways..." argument.
    everything was beautiful and nobody hurt.
    Quote Originally Posted by hofo_mofo
    I wish verichat would allow you to change your name (i use it for MSN)
    I wish it had better group management, and assigning (or moving) buddies between groups.
    Quote Originally Posted by ekuzco
    You can change your name (and other profile settings) from the actual MSN messenger app on your computer. It should then update to Verichat next time you logon to the service....sounds good in theory...haven't actually tried yet though.
    yeah, well... now that I'm online with my Treo constantly, I don't use PC clients any more. Reality is that once one makes the jump to an alternate client, it ought to be able to actually serve as an alternate. But, as you say, "sounds good in theory."
    Quote Originally Posted by mg48
    I have no problems with Vericaht running in SMS mode.
    Yes, I find Verichat much more stable in SMS mode, versus data always-on.

Quote Originally Posted by mg48
    You can jump between chat sessions with the bottom right button next to the file send button. It shows all your active chats and youcan just move from one to the other.
    In most situations, I would agree. But when you have 2, 3, or more people chatting with you at once it becomes cumbersome. In particular, I wish there was a way for it the easily (a) indicate which of your active chats have been updated while you weren't watching them and/or (b) provide a way to skip to the next chat with unread updates.

Regarding (b), I must say I really like the way ChatterEmail does this. It queues up a list of the mailboxes with new unread messages and shows the top of the stack as a clickable, highlighted name (at the bottom of the window). Click it and it takes you to the relevant window... and the next mailbox with unread messages shows up on the button. You can quickly get to the important mailboxes this way, and I think something like this would be a real usability enhancement for VeriChat.
    I dont have an issue , except for if it trully worked on SMS , why cant verichat work while during a voice call?
    I receive sms and text messages while on the phone..
    Quote Originally Posted by ruckus2k1
    I dont have an issue , except for if it trully worked on SMS , why cant verichat work while during a voice call?
    Well, it *will* receive SMS-based messages even when on the phone. But you can't *reply* to them... perhaps that's what you're referring to? I do admit I've been frustrated by this on occasion, but I also find that people IM'ing me are understanding about a delay in reply... versus the person you're actually talking to on the phone?
    i just wish you could reply/send new during the call that is it,
    Quote Originally Posted by adimiron
    I wish PDAapps or another developer would step up with a non-subscription chat client (yes, I know that AgileMsgr is free). What I'd really love to see is a standalone app with an option to run your own proxy server. IMing with friends is fine and all, but some businesses use IM as a medium for discussion, and having all communication routed through a 3rd party before even getting to the service provider is a bit sketchy.

I am of course acquainted with the concept of internal IM serers (Groupwise, Sametime, etc), so no one needs to make the trite "If it's that mission-critical, it shouldn't be on IM anyways..." argument.
    Chatopus allows you to use your own (or any other) jabber server for IM. I would think that would be a very good intra-company IM platform. There are even nice PC clients for it ;-)
    I have sprintpcs and I use verichat. I have 100 free sms messages with the plan and unlimited internet use. Can anybody tell me what is the advantage or the main difference between using verichat with sms or data? Like , can I use the phone and messgages at the same time with one or another?
    Thanks.
    Global Posts
    95 Global Posts
    My only complaint about Verichat is its excessive battery usage, which the developers are apparently working on for a future release.
    Global Posts
    509 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by jaytee
    Chatopus allows you to use your own (or any other) jabber server for IM. I would think that would be a very good intra-company IM platform. There are even nice PC clients for it ;-)
    Right. It also works nicely with Apple's iChat, if you are lucky to own a Mac.
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast