1.    #1  
    Verichat or Causerie ?
    Which do you use and if you have experience with both, which do you like best?

I'm a broke musician so I want to make sure I spend my money right (otherwise I'd get both)
    Global Posts
    147 Global Posts
    see my thread for my perspective on VERICHAT:

http://discussion.treocentral.com/sh...ad.php?t=85620
  3. rg1
    ^^ your thread is just a rant on Verichat, not a comparison like pr0zpect asked for.
    Quote Originally Posted by pr0zpect
    Verichat or Causerie ?
    Which do you use and if you have experience with both, which do you like best?

I'm a broke musician so I want to make sure I spend my money right (otherwise I'd get both)
    You should search for comments from advanced user's and question new user's questionable comments, better yet start a poll, or try them each.
    Global Posts
    678 Global Posts
    I have only used Verichat. I like that it can be used with either the always on data connection or with SMS chat notification, auto log in and log off times, multiple chats at one time, file send capability, and a buddy pounce feature that notifies you when someone comes online.
    Mike G

Touch (Sprint)
    I recently decided on Mundu. Less features but its a one time $15 charge, not a yearly renewal. If you're really broke and expect to be for a while, it may be better for you. I don't do a lot of IM, so it made sense for me.

http://wireless.mundu.com/html/1_features/features.htm
    Try Agile Messenger - it's free, and it does the big three (AIM, Yahoo & Microsoft) plus ICQ. I also liked Causerie as it allowed 2 username connections, but didn't want to pay for the 3 year service.
    Samsung SCH3500 - Sanyo 4900 - Samsung I500 - Treo 650, and loving it!!!
    Agile Messenger didn't work at all for me. Couldn't even get it to connect.
    I picked Causerie over Verichat. Only issue I have right now is that yahoo is not working. I just reported the problem and hopefully they will fix it.
    Mundo or Agile...

not a fan of the subscription based services.
    I evaluated several, but my final two were Causerie and VeriChat. I ultimately chose VeriChat because I found it to be more stable -- at least in SMS always-on mode. I do frankly like Causerie's user interface more. I believe Causerie also has better licensing terms, but I haven't been using VeriChat long enough to gauge whether they will make regular improvements enough to make the yearly renewal worth it.

What I don't think you're going to find is that golden report that tells you what is right for you. You're better off to evaluate the products -- I find the evaluation terms on all the better software I've found quite nice, usually 30 days at least -- and gauge for yourself how one or another will fit best with how you use the device.

For example, if VeriChat didn't have improved stability through the use of SMS in sleep mode, I'd probably have gone with Causerie; as long as I was going to choose between two unstable always-on solutions, I would have gone for the better interface. But as it is, VeriChat has been quite stable and thus I prefer it for regular always-on use.
    Between Verichat or Causerie I just don't think there's any even a comparison. I just plain don't "get" or like Cruserie. Verichat is very powerful as an IM client and the 'best' of all of them in my opinion. However it is subscription based (worth it if you use it.)
    However I use neither. After some time evaulating all IM possibilities, I end up using the text messaging versions of all of the IM services, which is completely free except for the text messages that I have to pay the carrier.
    -Yahoo over text message.
    -AOL IM text message forwarding
    -MSN Messenger over text message. (Just go to Menu>Tools>Options>Phone, add your mobile number, and check 'allow people to send to my mobile device' in MSN Messenger 7.0.)
    This way I don't have to -run- an IM app or subscribe to a pay service. AOL auto forwards to SMS when you log out of the desktop. Yahoo, you select to log in to your phone (SMS) when you log out of your desktop. You can also log in to these services from the phone. MSN messenger is a little more limited than the others.

When my IM conversation is going to go more than a few messages back and forth, I fire up Agile messenger for the conversation, then when I'm done I log out and return to the SMS text message versions.

Why Agile? Because it's very simple and it's cheap (well I've never had to pay for it.)
    The only catch with my plan is that you need to have a text message plan with your carrier (and I have 1500/month with Cingular.)

But if I had to pick one IM client to use for 100% of IM'ing, it would be Verichat.
    Last edited by taylorh; 05/28/2005 at 06:06 PM.
    Treo 750 (AT&T)
    Treo600->Treo650->Cing8525->Blackberry 8700c->Treo750->AT&T Tilt->Treo750->iPhone 3G
    I have used both Causerie and Verichat. I feel Causerie is lot better than Verichat considering Verichats dull interface and Causerie support to mulitple IM accounts of same type because at that time Verichat lacked this feature. Causerie later came up with Bot stuff and Verichat took time to support Bots. During this period I am lot used to Causerie and started enjoying its interface and features that made me to stick with Causerie.
    Quote Originally Posted by ideas
    I have used both Causerie and Verichat. I feel Causerie is lot better than Verichat considering Verichats dull interface and Causerie support to mulitple IM accounts of same type because at that time Verichat lacked this feature. Causerie later came up with Bot stuff and Verichat took time to support Bots. During this period I am lot used to Causerie and started enjoying its interface and features that made me to stick with Causerie.
    I heard that Verichat was released before Causerie.Right? SO even though Causerie came later it started setting standards for other applications in this field.Am I correct? Experienced users please clarify.
    I don't know about Causerie but Verichat is very consistent and stable.
    Quote Originally Posted by Convivals
    I heard that Verichat was released before Causerie.Right? SO even though Causerie came later it started setting standards for other applications in this field.Am I correct? Experienced users please clarify.
    How is that relevant for choosing between them?
    Quote Originally Posted by taroliw
    How is that relevant for choosing between them?
    May he speaks about less experience and great output.
    I find a very good feedback on Causerie on these Forums is it that good??? I will download it now and try it.Where can I get info abt Causerie???
    Vist www.mantragroup.com for Details about Causerie.