1.    #1  
    Newbie here. Got Verizon's 650 and it sync'd fine for the first two days. Now it completes the process but with a message that the process was "interrupted" and not everything was backed up. Viewing the log shows a 16397 error for Tasks, Contacts and Calendar -- none of which were sync'd -- and no one (PalmOne or Verizon) seems to know what a 16397 means. PalmOne Customer Support had me create a new profile and hard start; the new profile sync'd, but after re-entering data in the Contacts, I got the same 16397 error -- and no sync for tasks, calendar or contacts (which tends to wipe the smile off your face). The PalmOne folks were going with a "corruption" theory, but that seems unlikely given the same experience after the hard reboot AND the message says "interrupted". I'm on Mac 10.3.8 and Palm 4.2 (or whatever Verizon just shipped). Any help?
    I've read in at least two different forums (one being this one) that performing at least two back-to-back soft resets may very well take care of this problem.
  3.    #3  
    Yeah, I've read that too, but it didn't work for me. I tried two in a row; two in a row and then a mac reboot; then a reboot and two soft resets. So far the only thing I get out of the deal is the uncontrollable urge to do a hard reset with a two-pound sledge hammer. And now Verizon is having a system outage in WA and OR so it really doesn't matter if I sync or not!
    Did you load any new progrqms. I had similar problems when I installed splash wallet. The file for splashID was corrupted. I had to reinstall the program. I now sync fine.
  5. WCS
    Quote Originally Posted by jacton
    Newbie here. Got Verizon's 650 and it sync'd fine for the first two days. Now it completes the process but with a message that the process was "interrupted" and not everything was backed up. Viewing the log shows a 16397 error for Tasks, Contacts and Calendar -- none of which were sync'd -- and no one (PalmOne or Verizon) seems to know what a 16397 means. PalmOne Customer Support had me create a new profile and hard start; the new profile sync'd, but after re-entering data in the Contacts, I got the same 16397 error -- and no sync for tasks, calendar or contacts (which tends to wipe the smile off your face). The PalmOne folks were going with a "corruption" theory, but that seems unlikely given the same experience after the hard reboot AND the message says "interrupted". I'm on Mac 10.3.8 and Palm 4.2 (or whatever Verizon just shipped). Any help?
    Any luck with this? I have the same setup and having the same issues. Please let me know if you have any resolution. Thanks
  6. WCS
    Quote Originally Posted by WCS
    Any luck with this? I have the same setup and having the same issues. Please let me know if you have any resolution. Thanks

PROBLEM RESOLVED....

Try this...

Reinstall palm software from this site
    http://www.palmone.com/us/support/ma...acdesk421.html

Then reboot your machine.

Go to the handheld and access wireless sync. Select setup/connection settings/advanced and check "enable other sync apps".

Click OK and try the hotsync. It should now work. Forget about the hard resets, etc...it should be this simple and that's it.
    I had exactly the same problem with using an iBook G4 and Mac OS 10.3.9 syncing the same conduits on a new Treo 650 and using Verizon Wireless. This was probably after Verizon helped me on the phone set up the Wireless Sync with my e-mail account on Comcast. Although that then started working I later noticed cradle syncing did not work. I tried everything--reinstalling, soft resetting, etc. This finally proved to be the answer (at least for now!). If you allow other syncing to occur in the options as they sayin the documents it shoud work:

http://kb.palmone.com/SRVS/CGI-BIN/W...tem,CASE=14454

Good luck!
    I had the exact same issue but on a PC. I ran dbscan and it found a corrupt calendar entry that was stopping the sync.

You can get dbscan at http://www.freewarepalm.com/utilities/dbscan.shtml
    Quote Originally Posted by WilliamMary70
    I had exactly the same problem with using an iBook G4 and Mac OS 10.3.9 syncing the same conduits on a new Treo 650 and using Verizon Wireless. This was probably after Verizon helped me on the phone set up the Wireless Sync with my e-mail account on Comcast. Although that then started working I later noticed cradle syncing did not work. I tried everything--reinstalling, soft resetting, etc. This finally proved to be the answer (at least for now!). If you allow other syncing to occur in the options as they sayin the documents it shoud work:

http://kb.palmone.com/SRVS/CGI-BIN/W...tem,CASE=14454

Good luck!
    I had the SAME problems and your solution worked for me after I wasted much of one day plus had to visit 2 Verizon stores and stand in line for more than two hours talking to 6 different people and none of them had any idea what was wrong or what to do! I had concluded due to this and other problems (and error messages) that I had a dud 650, so I exchanged it for another. I was very disappointed to find this sync problem again and so grateful to you for identifying the solution.
    Quote Originally Posted by WCS
    PROBLEM RESOLVED....

Try this...

Reinstall palm software from this site
    http://www.palmone.com/us/support/ma...acdesk421.html

Then reboot your machine.

Go to the handheld and access wireless sync. Select setup/connection settings/advanced and check "enable other sync apps".

Click OK and try the hotsync. It should now work. Forget about the hard resets, etc...it should be this simple and that's it.

OK...Thanks for the help, but... I am going to Hotsync (I assume that's what you meant by wireless sync) on the handheld, then to Connection Setup (I assume that's what you meant by setup/connection), then I have a lst of connections. I can't find anything that reads "settings/advanced" (or the like). If I try to edit my wireless connection from that menu (connection setup, then into my connection editor), it doesn't give me that option either.
    perhaps my software is different?
    I'm hoping you can redirect me so this works.
    Thanks for your help.
    JM