1.    #1  
    got my 600 back in 7/04, 1yr contact for $249 from amazon. just saw a buy.com offer on a 650 for $179 which seems way way low. figure it must be a 2 yr contract and a data plan one must buy. anyone looked into it? their site doesn't seem to give any details (rebate is in the box they say).

http://www.buy.com/retail/wireless/product.asp?sku=160001549&loc=12435&a=&z=33770&s=22&p=1&w=

have att, now cingular. didn't care about data plans b4 due to low res screen. since 650 is much better does anyone have suggestion on carrier to go with for data plan access or is verizon, cingular pretty much the same so far as speed goes. If not then is the difference so great that one should select one carrier over the other?

What is important to me:
    1) good phone - figure treo 650 will be as good if not better then my 600.
    pda function...of course so the 650 is the one to get for me. no need to dicuss this point since I'm going with the 650 (if u really got a good 'other phone' for me to consider u can say so but I'm not looking.

2) data access is not a 'must use' all the time feature -
    do want to check email, maybe send a image file pix now and then. check the web once in a while, figure this little screen, even with high res is still a bit some for someone to want to seat and surf the web that much

3) like the idea of unlimited data plan, too darn expensive other wise it seems. won't give up service to go over to sprint just for their cheap unlimited data plan. realize some like them but it seems if one has problems then sprint is not good to deal with. att has been ok over the years. just didn't know if I should consider verizon.

thanks for any input, I will call cingular this weekend and see what they offer for phone pricing. maybe try to get a hold of buy.com for rebate info as well.

$179 seems too good to be true plus a $30 ecoupon. now what was that saying about if it seems too good to be true.....
    Last edited by motor; 05/26/2005 at 10:14 PM.
    Does anyone know if one needs to buy both a voice and a data plan for this rebate to work? I am thinking of going with pay-as-you-go for data. Would the rebate still apply?
    Treo 600 GSM
    its only for NEW customers. you are not that from what i gathered...
    Nexus One
    HTC Inspire "4G"
    HP Veer "4G"
    I am currently with TMo so I would be a new customer with Cingular. The confusion part is the rebate says "$150 Mail-In Voice and Data Rebate" and I intend to buy a voice plane only with pay-per-use for data. There are no details, conditions, etc. listed on the website which is why I am asking here.

Any ideas?
    Treo 600 GSM
    Quote Originally Posted by zgraff
    I am currently with TMo so I would be a new customer with Cingular. The confusion part is the rebate says "$150 Mail-In Voice and Data Rebate" and I intend to buy a voice plane only with pay-per-use for data. There are no details, conditions, etc. listed on the website which is why I am asking here.

Any ideas?

oh i c. i don think it will work if you plan to port your number to cingular.

my guess on the voice and data would be that u need to have the data and voice to get the rebate
    Nexus One
    HTC Inspire "4G"
    HP Veer "4G"
    I recommend Verizon. I was with Cingular in the past and just dumped Sprint. i switched to Verizon becuase I saw coverage studies that said they had the best network. I travel a lot and I can say that Verizon IS the best network, but more importantly, they have the best customer service and tech support BY FAR. It is not even close. They always answer quickly, apologize for the problem, and take a serious responsibility to fix it. Even call me back when we are disconnected. Verizon is the most expensive and nothing could make me switch.
    Quote Originally Posted by dheymann
    I recommend Verizon. I was with Cingular in the past and just dumped Sprint. i switched to Verizon becuase I saw coverage studies that said they had the best network. I travel a lot and I can say that Verizon IS the best network, but more importantly, they have the best customer service and tech support BY FAR. It is not even close. They always answer quickly, apologize for the problem, and take a serious responsibility to fix it. Even call me back when we are disconnected. Verizon is the most expensive and nothing could make me switch.
    I agree 100%...
    I'm not weird... I'm gifted!!!
    Sprint coverage is great where I go, can't beat the $15 monthly unlimited data plan. . . .

Cheers, Perry.
    Quote Originally Posted by Perry Holden
    Sprint coverage is great where I go, can't beat the $15 monthly unlimited data plan. . . .

Cheers, Perry.
    You mean $10 data plan.. Can't beat that!!!
    Quote Originally Posted by Hizd4Life
    You mean $10 data plan.. Can't beat that!!!
    I managed to get Sprint to give me Unl. Data/Pic/Txt on all of our phones! Woo Hoo! I beat it!
    Personal = Treo 650 => Treo 700p => Treo 755p => Palm Pre ... [Pre 2?]
    and =====================> Apple iPhone => iPad
    Work ==========================> BB Storm => HTC EVO 4G

MY PRE IS STILL MY FAVORITE BY FAR!!
    Best price I have seen:

http://www.quicksmartphone.com/index...653e4b1e378eaa

$590 plus $15 shipping.
    Quote Originally Posted by cyberhomie
    I managed to get Sprint to give me Unl. Data/Pic/Txt on all of our phones! Woo Hoo! I beat it!
    I have 5 phones...all have the unlimited data plan
    $10=1st line
    Free=2nd line
    Free=3rd line
    $5=4th line
    $5=5th line
    Quote Originally Posted by rbenjami
    Best price I have seen:

http://www.quicksmartphone.com/index...653e4b1e378eaa

$590 plus $15 shipping.
    That is a good price. Any idea how reputable this company is? Ever ordered from them before?
    Nope - they have a lot of ebay listings, though. They used to try selling it for 899, but dropped the ebay price to 599. Their online store is 10 cheaper. Same shipping. They only take paypal and seemed a bit rude when I emailed a question. Located in Brooklyn.