Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    How about some Maxim, FHM, or Stuff girls?
    "A man who drinks only water, has something to hide to his fellow man."

My beer blogs:

Rev. Rhino on Flickr

Rev. Rhino on Twitter
  2.    #22  
    Quote Originally Posted by reverendrhino
    How about some Maxim, FHM, or Stuff girls?
    Got one now. It's under the "Celebs" category (that's a link). Now that I have some categories to work in, I'll start developing more on my own. Feel free to give me more suggestions though...

I've changed my page now as well, so if you don't see the page with category listings, just hit the refresh button on your browser and the new page will come up.

Finally, I've added the files and instructions you'll need to create your own skins. (Thanks to AYASIN for the discussion thread containing this info).

Enjoy!
    Last edited by brickjr; 05/27/2005 at 05:33 PM.
    Coo, thanks!

My beer blogs:

Rev. Rhino on Flickr

Rev. Rhino on Twitter
    Perfect Maxim screens, she's a Treo 650 owner too! I just read her interview in Maxim......

My beer blogs:

Rev. Rhino on Flickr

Rev. Rhino on Twitter
  5.    #25  
    Quote Originally Posted by reverendrhino
    Perfect Maxim screens, she's a Treo 650 owner too! I just read her interview in Maxim......
    There are interviews in there???
    Quote Originally Posted by brickjr
    There are interviews in there???
    Their hard to find, but their in there

My beer blogs:

Rev. Rhino on Flickr

Rev. Rhino on Twitter
    Got one now. It's under the "Celebs" category (that's a link). Now that I have some categories to work in, I'll start developing more on my own. Feel free to give me more suggestions though...

I've changed my page now as well, so if you don't see the page with category listings, just hit the refresh button on your browser and the new page will come up.

Finally, I've added the files and instructions you'll need to create your own skins. (Thanks to AYASIN for the discussion thread containing this info).

Enjoy!
    page not found =(
  8.    #28  
    Quote Originally Posted by aznmode
    page not found =(
    I don't know why you'd be getting "page not found". I added some category pages, but the main page is still the same. I just tried it and it works fine. Here's the link again:

http://www.brickleyzoo.com/roger's%20page.htm

If it doesn't work, try refreshing. If it still doesn't work, let me know.
    can someone do up instructions for verizon t650?
  10.    #30  
    Quote Originally Posted by HumP
    can someone do up instructions for verizon t650?
    I was wondering the same thing. I would think the name of the .prc file would be the only difference. If someone could tell us the name of the .prc file the Verizon t650 uses on startup, you could just rename the ones that I've created and install them. I can't guarantee it, but I don't see why the process would be any harder than that. If anyone could post the info here, I'll copy it onto my site.
  11.    #31  
    I just finished updating the site, so it's got the majority of the files that have come from threads here on Treocentral along with the ones that I created. There are some pretty good looking splash screens, and I think I have around 30 or so total now.

I saw a request for a Mini Cooper screen that doesn't look like it was filled yet, so I'm working on that one now. I'll add some more cars this weekend too...

The site is http://www.brickleyzoo.com/roger's%20page.htm.

Enjoy!
    When I surfed to your page on my Treo, the graphics for the themes did not show up, only boxes that all read "Welcome to Roger's Page"

Check your HTML code for the "alt=" command for each graphic. alt is the alternative text displayed for the graphics on your site when the picture is not viewed. Currently all graphic's on your home page says "Welcome to Roger's page". They should indicate the topic or subject type of the screens that follow when you click the. Like the 3rd graphic is for Television themes, so the graphic's code should include alt="Television Screens".

You code looks like this
    id="_x0000_s1034" type="#_x0000_t136" alt="Welcome to Roger's Page"
    href="http://www.brickleyzoo.com/Splash%20Television.htm"

It should look something like this

id="_x0000_s1034" type="#_x0000_t136" alt="Television Screens"
    href="http://www.brickleyzoo.com/Splash%20Television.htm"

Hopes this make this.
    Last edited by godschoice; 05/29/2005 at 06:38 AM.
    Looking for a way to earn additional income? One that allows you to not only market services people use everyday, but the services of the future too? This opportunity provides outstanding earning potential with ongoing training and support. You are in business for yourself but never by yourself. Stop imagining and start living.

Independent Representative
    Carl Brooks
    carl@techloyal.com
    http://www.techloyal.com
  13.    #33  
    Quote Originally Posted by godschoice
    Check your HTML code for the "alt=" command for each graphic. alt is the alternative text displayed for the graphics on your site when the picture is not viewed. Currently all graphic's on your home page says "Welcome to Roger's page". They should indicate the topic or subject type of the screens that follow when you click the. Like the 3rd graphic is for Television themes, so the graphic's code should include alt="Television Screens".
    Thanks for the tip. As I stated earlier, I'm not a web programmer at all, so any advise on improving the site is greatly appreciated. I made the changes you suggested. Let me know if it works now. Also, feel free to critique and provide other suggestions.

Thanks,
    Roger
  14. sks
    Yes, I too am wondering how whether these splashscreens will work on VZW Treo's.

Taking the suggestion below, I open Filez (freeware) to look at the ROM files. There are two files that have a similar naming convention as the SPCS files. There are two files listed in rom:

1. Phone_VRZW
    2. Phone_VRZW_enUS

Anyone willing to try the suggestion below with one of the filenames. I would attempt, but I already blew a few days trying to get Intellisync to work with the Treo650 .

-sheldon

I was wondering the same thing. I would think the name of the .prc file would be the only difference. If someone could tell us the name of the .prc file the Verizon t650 uses on startup, you could just rename the ones that I've created and install them. I can't guarantee it, but I don't see why the process would be any harder than that. If anyone could post the info here, I'll copy it onto my site.
  15.    #35  
    I received an e-mail from someone that stated she had installed the screens on her Verizon phone and they worked fine (without renaming or anything). Since I don't know her I can't vouch for her credibility, but that's what she said. What I would suggest is that someone with a back-up program do a backup, install one of the screens, and then see what happens. Worst case: you'll have to do a hard reset and restore from your backup. Best case: it works with no problems and you guys have a few more splash screens to choose from. Let me know if anyone gets brave enough to try it and I'll post the results on my site.
  16.    #36  
    Well, I spent the weekend making some major changes to my site and trying to make it a lot more professional looking. I've got about 35 splash screens now, along with some discussion areas and general PDA/technology related news. Have a look and see what you think. It's just starting off, but hopefully it'll catch on...

Have a look: http://www.brickleyzoo.com/treopages

Again, more suggestions for splash screens are always welcome!http://discussion.treocentral.com/im...ons/icon10.gif
    I have a Verizon 650 and can verify that the .prc files work as-is, no changes needed. Great job!
  18. sks
    I tried the SplashScreens on my Verizon 650. Initially, they worked fine, but when accessing the phone options menu, the handset resets. I noticed something was not meshing when the Location icon at the top of the screen showed that Location was off (or 911 only), yet I had it activated before the SplashScreen install.

Once I deleted the SplashScreen .prc file using Filez, no problem with resets and the location indicator returned.

Have any other Verizon users had the same experience?

-Sheldon
    sks, exact same problems here. I thought everything was working fine, I guess I jumped the gun.
    thanks BrickJr for putting them all in one place!! I appreciate it!

miji
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast