1.    #1  
    I did a hard reset, I then restored with BackupBuddy and now my contacts won't sync over. I'm really frustrated.

What shall I do?
    I think I'd double check my conduits - something might have changed which would stop your contacts from syncing. Good Luck!
  3.    #3  
    Nothing in conduits is unchecked, I had already checked that....any other ideas?
    Quote Originally Posted by Snake~eyes
    I did a hard reset, I then restored with BackupBuddy and now my contacts won't sync over. I'm really frustrated.

What shall I do?
    You might want to check a file in your Palm Directory on your PC. I had a similar problem a long time ago when I changed my setup within Outlook and there was an ini file that got corrupted. The file name is OcUiSettings.ini. It should be located in a folder named "address" under your device ID folder. Ex:
    C:\Program Files\PalmOne\DeviceID\address.

I put the words in BOLD print below in the sections that you want to make sure agree with your Outlook profile and mailbox name.

I'm not stating this is your problem, but it's a possibility. There are also several dat files in that folder. If they are corrupted, I'm not sure what to tell you to do. If they are deleted I'm not sure if they are re-created or not. If you suspect them, you could move them to a temp folder; then try to sync and see if it corrects anything or it fails because the dat files are missing.

[LastConduitInfo]
    LastVersionNum=3
    [Version]
    ApplicationVersion=1.2
    [UPDATE_SYNC]
    LastUpdate=2
    [Outlook]
    PalmSGProfile=Outlook
    PalmSGRootFolder={Inbox or (Mailbox - MailboxName if synchronizing with Exchange)\Contacts}

\Contacts above should be the folder in Outlook where your Contacts are stored. It probably is, but some people rename this folder, so I thought I'd mention it.
  5.    #5  
    There is nothing in the C:\Program Files\PalmOne\DeviceID\ folder.

If I create a contact now(and sync) it will move to my palm. But the old contacts do not.
  6. hsk
    Global Posts
    284 Global Posts
    If you can afford to (i.e. not too many new contacts in your treo) try "desktop overwrites handheld" in your next hotsync setup, I had to do it a few times when restoring backups.
    There is nothing in the C:\Program Files\PalmOne\DeviceID\ folder.

If I create a contact now(and sync) it will move to my palm. But the old contacts do not.
    HSK's post may be a good thing to try also.

I'm not sure I understand about the directory you listed and maybe I'm misunderstanding you.

You should have a folder named PalmOne under Program Files. A subfolder under that should be your device's name and maybe shortened somewhat, ex: If your device ID is MyDevice, it may be named MyDev.

There should also be a subfolder under your DeviceID folder named "address". The ini file I told you about is in the folder named "address".

But it also sounds like there may be nothing wrong with the ini file since you are able to sync a New Contact created in Outlook.

It's sort of looking like HSK's suggestion may be your best option, provided you have not made a lot of Contact changes on your Treo. If the changes are few, you can manually make the changes in Outlook before changing to Desktop Overwrites Handheld. I know this may be a pain.

Also, are Contacts the only thing that will not sync? What about tasks meetings, and memos?
  8.    #8  
    Quote Originally Posted by hsk
    If you can afford to (i.e. not too many new contacts in your treo) try "desktop overwrites handheld" in your next hotsync setup, I had to do it a few times when restoring backups.
    How do I go about doing this? I have zero contacts in my Treo at the moment.
  9.    #9  
    Quote Originally Posted by v3treonut
    HSK's post may be a good thing to try also.

I'm not sure I understand about the directory you listed and maybe I'm misunderstanding you.

You should have a folder named PalmOne under Program Files. A subfolder under that should be your device's name and maybe shortened somewhat, ex: If your device ID is MyDevice, it may be named MyDev.

There should also be a subfolder under your DeviceID folder named "address". The ini file I told you about is in the folder named "address".

But it also sounds like there may be nothing wrong with the ini file since you are able to sync a New Contact created in Outlook.

It's sort of looking like HSK's suggestion may be your best option, provided you have not made a lot of Contact changes on your Treo. If the changes are few, you can manually make the changes in Outlook before changing to Desktop Overwrites Handheld. I know this may be a pain.

Also, are Contacts the only thing that will not sync? What about tasks meetings, and memos?
    It's my fault, when you said Device ID I clicked DeviceInfo folder.

Ahhh..... My calendar syncs but my tasks and my contacts do not.
    Same problem here, I started another thread but no one responded. There is a tool (dbscan) that fixed my corrupted calendar entries on my handheld, but nothing to scan the tasks or contacts.
    How do I go about doing this? I have zero contacts in my Treo at the moment.
    I'm not at my PC at the moment, but I believe I can give you the proper info. You need to click on the Hotsync icon in your system tray and select the Custom option in the pop-up menu. Within the pop-up list that displays, each portion of your synchronization is set according to how you want the program to work. Contacts, Memos, Tasks, etc are probably all set to "Synchronization". You can use the Change option and temporarily set this to "Desktop Overwrites Handheld" for each one which you want this to occur. Don't click the Set as Default button since this is a one time action.

The next time you sync, your Contacts, tasks, etc are restored from your info within Outlook on the desktop. After you sync, the settings will revert back to what they were, but whenever I do this, I always go back into it and double check that it did change them back.

Hope this works for you.
  12.    #12  
    Okay, all my contacts are back. thankyou guys!
    Okay, all my contacts are back. thankyou guys!
    You're very welcome.
    Global Posts
    61 Global Posts
    This is a major issue with gpilot (pilot-xfer) on Linux.

After the 1.08 update its no longer possible to restore contacts. We have tried this on three different Sprint Treo 650s.

The typical symptom can be easily duplicated with: pilot-xfer -i Contact*
    That will ALWAYS cause a soft reset.

Fedora Core 3 with latest gpilotd hand built.

Just so you know that you Windows folks are not alone.