1.    #1  
    New version of Keyshades is out

http://shrug.csl.uiuc.edu/~sachs/palm/keyshades/

Does it co-exist with Profilecare? Is it even needed? PC has a KB Light toggle function. Iused to love keyshades but looks like it is superseeded by PC...
    --
    Aloke
    Cingular GSM
    Software:Treo650-1.17-CNG
    Firmware:01.51 Hardware:A
    I see no need for KS when you have PC
    Treoing & Loving it
    Keyshades and ProfileCare don't have any compatibility problems, so there's no reason not to use both if you want. But ProfileCare does indeed allow control of the keyboard lights, duplicating the function of keyshades.
    KS is a very simple program. The developer has released the source code along with the free tool and I have reviewed the code. If all you want to do is turn off the KB lights on the Treo 650, then try this tool. If you want additional options such as control over which hotkey to use for KB control, automatic KB lighting, profile control over the KB state, etc... then you need ProfileCare. Also, if you want KB control on the Treo 600, then you also need ProfileCare as KS has no support for the Treo 600.

I would however suggest that you not run multiple KB light applications at the same time. This will lead to some very unpredictable KB light behaviors. Shouldn't effect stability of the Treo.

Hope this helps.....

Jeff