Page 1 of 36 12345611 ... LastLast
Results 1 to 20 of 701
  1.    #1  
    Are there two separate speakers in the 650, or is the speaker for the speaker phone the same as the one used on a regular call?

    I still think the volume on regular calls is too low on my Sprint branded mistress. My speaker phone volume is grand. The only thing I don't like about the speaker phone part is that both parties can not speak and be heard at the same time. Bah...

    But if my speaker phone volume gets so bloody loud, why can't the volume on the regular calls be jacked up higher?

    Just thinking out loud....
  2. #2  
    Search for volume, there's lots of posts on this.
  3. #3  
    get volumecare
    Last edited by gt5l; 05/26/2005 at 12:40 PM.
    Treoing & Loving it
  4. #4  
    The best sounding phone I had in a while was the Siemens SX66 Pocket PC phone. It was loud, rich and felt good in my ear... That's sounds weird...haha
  5. #5  
    Volume care just keeps the volume levels at 100% at all times even after a reset but it didn't make anything louder then 100% for me.
  6. #6  
    agreed, i tried the volumecare and it keeps it at 100%. but 100% is still way too soft. i need something that can at least push it to 120%.

    i'm always on busy city streets. i don't ever have a bag with me and the phone is always just in my pocket. i have a bluetooth headset but i hardly use that. i don't have the time to fish out my headset when a call comes in. i also have the hybrid headset(which hurts my ears waay too much and the quality is crap), and again i don't have the time to fish that out untangle it stick it in my ears and in my phone for a 1 min phone call. i really would just love it if the headpiece was higher.

    i have a gsm cingular locked with 1.23 firmware. does anyone know if the 1.15 firmware is any louder?

    i hope they fix this some day or someone writes a good hack, i'm willing to take a chance of damaging the headpiece if i can squeeze out a little more volume.
  7. #7  
    Yeah of course I am in search of the same thing...more volume. Maybe I am being naive but I just don't see how finding the location of the "gain" portion of the firmware could be that difficult. I know the Treo hass a completely different file system, but someone figured out how to do it fairly easily on the Motorola v600 and I was able to adjust it myself and just loaded it back onto the phone. Oh well...I'll just use my BT headset in the meantime.
  8.    #8  
    Quote Originally Posted by Roameo
    Yeah of course I am in search of the same thing...more volume. Maybe I am being naive but I just don't see how finding the location of the "gain" portion of the firmware could be that difficult. I know the Treo hass a completely different file system, but someone figured out how to do it fairly easily on the Motorola v600 and I was able to adjust it myself and just loaded it back onto the phone. Oh well...I'll just use my BT headset in the meantime.
    Yes, this is the direction I'd like to head with this. 100% volume settings is not hard to retain. I want 130% for the car, street, train, etc.

    Does anyone know if it has two seperate speakers, or just uses the same one with different settings?
  9. #9  
    Quote Originally Posted by galingula
    Yes, this is the direction I'd like to head with this. 100% volume settings is not hard to retain. I want 130% for the car, street, train, etc.

    Does anyone know if it has two seperate speakers, or just uses the same one with different settings?
    I'm as sure as I can be without seeing a spec that they used two speakers. One faces the speaker holes in the back of the phone and one faces your ear in the ear piece. I like the gain idea a lot and I hoped that was what Volume care did. As I see from trying it/reading posts it maxes it out all the time, not find extra juice. It does seem this would be easy given all the other things people are able to do with this device/OS.
  10. #10  
    I have seen volume boosting headsets available. That should solve the volume problem in public and in a vehicle. I don't like the hassle of the headset so I guess I have to be content with what I get from the ear piece.
    Samsung SCH3500 - Sanyo 4900 - Samsung I500 - Treo 650, and loving it!!!
  11. Gerome's Avatar
    Posts
    87 Posts
    Global Posts
    88 Global Posts
    #11  
    What about that : we can use the speaker phone at a very low volume ? there is just a problem with mic sensivity that is really too high.

    Is there an application that enable the speaker phone and keep the mic sensitivity at the standard level?
  12. #12  
    Quote Originally Posted by Gerome
    What about that : we can use the speaker phone at a very low volume ? there is just a problem with mic sensivity that is really too high.

    Is there an application that enable the speaker phone and keep the mic sensitivity at the standard level?
    I'm not sure if it would do it, but Freedom lets you set the mic volume. So if you had your headset pluged in, set the mic low and then went to speaker phone ......

    Don't know but it's worth someone trying it ?
    Thought of the day :
    No sense being pessimistic, it probably wouldn't work anyway
  13. spiVeyx's Avatar
    Posts
    573 Posts
    Global Posts
    577 Global Posts
    #13  
    Quote Originally Posted by sixsixty
    i have a gsm cingular locked with 1.23 firmware. does anyone know if the 1.15 firmware is any louder?
    To answer your question, for me the 1.15 firmware seemed to enable a louder earpiece volume than 1.23. But 1.15 does not have the memory enhancements that 1.23 does. So I guess one must choose the lesser of two evils
  14. #14  
    they've gotta fix this. i'm very, very happy with my phone for the mostpart...but it's a 700 dollar phone. the fact that i can't hear ANYTHING in the street is unacceptable. i can't imagine this won't be addressed in the next firmware update.
  15. Moss's Avatar
    Posts
    5 Posts
    #15  
    So I took my first GSM 650 back to swap for a new one today as the Tech Support told me to do... the guy at the Official Palm One Kiosk, here in SF, told me that the low-volume earpiece is a known issue on the GSM 650's -- He told me that there should hopefully be a software/firmware fix for it soon, but as far as he knows it is in line behind the upcoming Sprint update (the 2nd) and one for Cingular... Basically third in line.... The dude sounded like he knew more about the phones then the Tech Support I had on the line the other day---

    We'll see if he is correct, though it doesn't help me right now as I am leaving for Europe in a few days and plan on roaming everyday for six weeks---- oh well---
  16. #16  
    Another thing I've noticed with my unlocked GSM Treo... How come the speakerphone sounds like garbage, but playing MP3's through the same speaker sound great?
  17. Gerome's Avatar
    Posts
    87 Posts
    Global Posts
    88 Global Posts
    #17  
    Chast : What is exactly Freedom ? I've never heard of it before... I'll try to "google"

    Wireless_Guru : Regarding the speakerphone sound quality, I think it not due to the Treo but to the voice compression used for GSM comm. MP3 is 128 bit/s (average) but GSM voice is something like 15 kbit/s... The sound is worsened when you use the phone speaker due to the amplification needed for the speaker.
  18. #18  
    Quote Originally Posted by Gerome
    Chast : What is exactly Freedom ? I've never heard of it before... I'll try to "google"
    Sorry it was a bit vauge

    http://www.toysoft.ca/freedom.html

    Freedom allows you to plug in the simple ear bud which came with the Treo from Palmone and listen to music, alarms, system sounds etc, without needing to use the special Treo adapter.

    With the 650 twin ear bud you even get stereo !!

    I'm using version 1.3.6, even though their website lists 1.3.4

    BTW next time try Palmgear, they are lisitng version 1.3.5

    I would test out my theory for you, but my charger is broken at the moment and so I'm trying to keep use down to a minimum until I get a charging lead.


    TTFN

    Chas
    Thought of the day :
    No sense being pessimistic, it probably wouldn't work anyway
  19. #19  
    Quote Originally Posted by ChasT
    ...Freedom allows you to plug in the simple ear bud which came with the Treo from Palmone and listen to music, alarms, system sounds etc, without needing to use the special Treo adapter.

    With the 650 twin ear bud you even get stereo !!...
    Is the 650 twin ear bud more comfortable than the uncomfortable single-ear hands-free that comes with the Treo?
  20. Gerome's Avatar
    Posts
    87 Posts
    Global Posts
    88 Global Posts
    #20  
    In France, the Orange Treo comes directly with the twin hear bud headphone/headset. It's OK as long as you have large ears The buds are quite large.
Page 1 of 36 12345611 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions