Page 8 of 36 FirstFirst ... 34567891011121318 ... LastLast
    Jeff, In previous versions you used to have the volume sliders by default at around 65% from what I recall. With 2.6 you changed the default to about 20%. I had my Treo's volume at max level before upgrading to VC 2.6. With the latest default at 20% on earpiece volume, I thought my sound wasn't working at all when I placed my first call after installing the latest version without any adjustment from the defaults - until I turned up the side buttons and saw how loud it would go - way past the display bars on the screen. I ended up adjusting my levels on Handset and Speaker Phone to about 80% -which is perfect for me.

I also could not adjust MIC Volume past 50% without it reverting back to the 20% default level.

It's almost there! Thanks for your hard work!
    Global Posts
    377 Global Posts
    The MIC Volume would not stick on my Unlocked GSM either (1.28/1.13)
    JoranG
    Treo650 Unlocked GSM (Cust ROM 1.71/1.20 ENA w/ FAT32.prc) - TomTom Navigator v5 (Western Europe Maps)
    I think Jeff is sleepy time...he needs a good night's rest so Treo users around the world can hear their conversations. I'm still patiently waiting for the bugs to be works out...GO JEFF!
    Who am I, sir? A Utah man am I A Utah man, sir, and will be till I die!
    Global Posts
    377 Global Posts
    Seems like the same discussion is also going on here

Picked up that the "MIC Volume won't stick issue" is just a display bug from that tread
    JoranG
    Treo650 Unlocked GSM (Cust ROM 1.71/1.20 ENA w/ FAT32.prc) - TomTom Navigator v5 (Western Europe Maps)
    Global Posts
    377 Global Posts
    After testin v2.6 today I have a few additional comments:
    - Huge difference in heandset volume between outgoing and incoming calls. While incoming calls has an reasonable level - outgoing calls seems to "blow my head away" Anybody else niticed this?
    - Too large steps/gaps between volume settings - with the same settings in VolumeCare - 4 bars is too quiet and 5 bars is too loud and distorted..

Just my 2 cents
    JoranG
    All I can say is WOW! Version 2.6 is LOUD!

There's no chance that having the handdset this loud will somehow damage it?

I'm not fully understanding the raising of the volume though. I have the handset option in the Volume Care app set to about halfway. However, when I'm on a call pressing up on the side button seems to go past that setting and continue raising the volume to the highest level. Is that suposed to be how it works? If so, than what's the purpose of choosing a volume level in the app itself.
    Last edited by lgreenberg; 06/24/2005 at 08:59 AM.
    Jefffffffffffffffffffffffffff!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Thank you thank youuuuu... I was on a call this morning as I'm trying to read TC to see if you got out an update and the person I was talking to kept saying "I can just barely hear you" - I saw the update and said "Ok, let me call you right back" so I upgraded and called back and she said "WOW!! Major difference!! That's great!" My only concerns would be about it resetting itself after a call ( ? ) It sounds like it was either a display bug or we have to set it higher after each call, yikes... Also, does VC work DURING a call?

Bek
    Hi Bek,

I'm so tempted to install version 2.6 after reading some initial good comments. However, it seems there is a mic setting problem. Sooooo, I'm gonna hold off for now.

Should I wait, or go ahead and install it now?
    Global Posts
    916 Global Posts
    Since v2.6 doesn't make any difference for me, it must be the hardware in my unit. I've called Palm and they agreed that I have a hardware problem. I'm doing an Advance Exchange and hoping that the new unit will work like it should or at least with VC's help.
    GSM Treo 600 > Unlocked GSM Treo 650 on T-Mobile - Attempting to use a BB Curve

Technology is neither good nor evil, good people will find good uses for it and evil people will find evil uses for it. Phil P.
    v2.6 cranked up the volume for me. Tried v2.2 before that with no real difference. Good stuff. mic volume doesn't stick with cingular locked 1.28 upgrade.
    Quote Originally Posted by jorang
    Seems like the same discussion is also going on here

Picked up that the "MIC Volume won't stick issue" is just a display bug from that tread
    RE: v2.6... Is it just me, or does the MIC volume setting not change the outgoing voice level, no matter what the setting? I tested this by leaving myself 4 different messages that I saved to my voicemail box (changing the MIC Volume between each message) - and when played back each message appears to be at the same volume level. The level is good, but not as loud as the mechanical voicemail woman
    Last edited by Wireless_Guru; 06/24/2005 at 10:35 AM.
    Quote Originally Posted by lgreenberg
    ..........I have the handset option in the Volume Care app set to about halfway. However, when I'm on a call pressing up on the side button seems to go past that setting and continue raising the volume to the highest level. Is that suposed to be how it works? If so, than what's the purpose of choosing a volume level in the app itself.
    As I understand it....
    The VC level enables you to set a starting point.
    When you are engaged on a phone call you can then raise or lower the ear volume to suit, depending on your background noise.

On the 650 the 3rd, lower, button confirms any change you make to volume and sets it as the default, whether VC follows this rule I don't know
    Thought of the day :
    No sense being pessimistic, it probably wouldn't work anyway
    Quote Originally Posted by Casey Cheung
    Hi Bek,

I'm so tempted to install version 2.6 after reading some initial good comments. However, it seems there is a mic setting problem. Sooooo, I'm gonna hold off for now.

Should I wait, or go ahead and install it now?

Well, on this mornings call it was noticeable, but I just tried to set it higher and have my son talk to me - it didn't seem to really raise the volume, but I don't know. I do know the caller this morning said I was noticeably louder.

*shrug*

Bek
    I've read this whole thread and am very excited about trying VC. I haven't downloaded ver 2.6. I'll wait for Jeff to get some well derserved zzzzzz's, fix the mic bug, and grab ver 2.7 (or whatever). This app will be well worth the price. Thanks to Jeff for all the work, and to you trailblazers giving him feedback!
    I just called my wife on her cell phone. She told me she hears an echo of her own voice throughout the entire conversation. This is the first time she's ever heard an echo when I've called her using my Treo. I'm using VolumeCare version 2.3, which I think has something to do with it. I also hear a hissing sound on my end (but no echo).

Okay, so I get a hissing sound on my end, and the other side gets an echo. But at least I'm sure the earpiece volume is a little bit louder for me, so I'm encouraged that things are going in the right direction. Can't wait to try the next update version. :-))
    Echo heard by the other end because the mic picked up sound from a loud earpiece or speakerphone. You can adjust the mic sensivity or the earpiece or speakerphone volume to find a working level using VC.

I think the reason why the Treo earpiece volume is so low with the latest firmware is because there is no way to adjust the mic sensivity in the original phone app to avoid echo problem. Palm should have use echo supression technology or maybe it is a design flaw in the device itself. We are lucky that VC provide us a workable solution. Thanks jeff.
    Last edited by StevenChoi; 06/24/2005 at 11:37 AM.
    Quote Originally Posted by StevenChoi
    Echo heard by the other end because the mic picked up sound from a loud earpiece or speakerphone. You can adjust the mic sensivity or the mic or speakerphone volume to find a working level using VC.

I think the reason why the Treo earpiece volume is so low with the latest firmware is because there is no way to adjust the mic sensivity in the original phone app to avoid echo problem. Palm should have use echo supression technology or maybe it is a design flaw in the device itself. We are lucky that VC provide us a workable solution. Thanks jeff.
    I think I will create a way for you to adjust the MIC volume dynamically during a call. Would people find value in that? I need to find a key sequence but I think this is what is needed at this point. So you will be able to fine tune the entire phone system based on the conditions that exist around you.

Jeff
    question...did everyone just max out everything but the mic settings? also do you click the Enabled box and all the other boxes to enable everything?
    Hi Jeff,

Yes, your idea sounds good. Can you let us know when the next new update is ready? Thanks! -Casey.
    Quote Originally Posted by jeffgibson
    I think I will create a way for you to adjust the MIC volume dynamically during a call. Would people find value in that? I need to find a key sequence but I think this is what is needed at this point. So you will be able to fine tune the entire phone system based on the conditions that exist around you.

Jeff
    May I suggest that *during* a call, the side rocker will adjust the volume of the currently selected listening options (earpiece, speakerphone, BT earpiece or Stereophone) and pressing once the side button will switch adjustment of the side rocker to the currently selected speaking options (phone mic, BT mic or Stereophone mic). In other words, using the side button to alternately select either the listening or speaking options for adjustment.
Page 8 of 36 FirstFirst ... 34567891011121318 ... LastLast