Page 7 of 36 FirstFirst ... 2345678910111217 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by jeffgibson
    All,

Be patient as I work through different configurations. If having a few problems is not something you want, please install V2.2 from the official release section of my website. I am releasing interum fixes so people can continue to test and see incremental changes and progress. There will be a few more bumps in the road before I have a solid production-ready solution for the new LOUD feature.

I have made some significant changes and am hopeful to have a much better release out yet tonight.

Thanks,

Jeff

Jeff if you get the MIC portion fixed I'll pay for the app again. LOL.

Thanks for working so hard on it.. fixing the call volume was worth double for me.

Bek
    I have posted a new Early Release of VolumeCare. Takes care:

MAX volume can be obtained from any initial volume setting as configured in VC by using the standard volume keys.

I think this version is *very* close to being the best release ever!

Jeff
    V2.6 works pretty well. The earpiece volume is MUCH louder and can be reached even when the initial volume is set lower in VC.

I have noticed three issues. One is that I got a soft reset on my first phone call after installing it. Just a heads up to people to manually soft reset so that you don't get caught off guard.

The second issue is that the stock volume display (the graph with the increasing bars) does not accurately reflect the volume. It seems to always come up showing maximum volume even though the volume isn't that loud. If you keep pressing the rocker to increase volume, it does keep increasing though. Once you reach the maximum volume (and it is loud and clear), once you start backing the volume back down, the graph will start to decrease accordingly until you get to "no bars." After that, you can keep decreasing the volume, but there is no change in the dispaly.

The third is that the volume will also go very low now. If you keep pressing the down button, the volume gets so low that you can barely hear it. It's not a big deal, but that might be the cause of the messed up volume indicator that I mentioned above. Where the stock 650 has 8 levels of volume, it's like VC now gives it 14-16 levels and the indicator is forced to "slide" between the larger range of volumes.
    Quote Originally Posted by Bekktek
    Jeff if you get the MIC portion fixed I'll pay for the app again. LOL.

Thanks for working so hard on it.. fixing the call volume was worth double for me.

Bek
    No need for extra $'s but I do hope you find this new release the best one yet.

In this release you can set the initial volume in VC to any value. Then with the use of the volume keys, you can adjust the volume like normal but now each level of volume will be louder than the same level without VC. Ultimately so loud that you don't want the phone next to your ear!

I may be drinking my own koolaid, but I think that I even kicked up the volume and MIC volume on my Treo Wireless Headset (BT) with this new version of VC! I would love other opinions here.

Jeff
    Quote Originally Posted by 2000 Man
    V2.6 works pretty well. The earpiece volume is MUCH louder and can be reached even when the initial volume is set lower in VC.

I have noticed three issues. One is that I got a soft reset on my first phone call after installing it. Just a heads up to people to manually soft reset so that you don't get caught off guard.
    Yes this will happen if you do not disable the existing version of VC first. I should make it that you have to reset the phone after installation but I hate doing this!

The second issue is that the stock volume display (the graph with the increasing bars) does not accurately reflect the volume. It seems to always come up showing maximum volume even though the volume isn't that loud. If you keep pressing the rocker to increase volume, it does keep increasing though. Once you reach the maximum volume (and it is loud and clear), once you start backing the volume back down, the graph will start to decrease accordingly until you get to "no bars." After that, you can keep decreasing the volume, but there is no change in the dispaly.
    Have not seen this yet but, I did have to rewrite the entire volume logic. I tried to match my scaling to the Phone app's bar display. I'll work on this more. Here is a question. Would you like for that volume bar display window to just go away or do you want to see it?

The third is that the volume will also go very low now. If you keep pressing the down button, the volume gets so low that you can barely hear it. It's not a big deal, but that might be the cause of the messed up volume indicator that I mentioned above. Where the stock 650 has 8 levels of volume, it's like VC now gives it 14-16 levels and the indicator is forced to "slide" between the larger range of volumes.
    In fact I can give you more levels than you mentioned. Again, I have redeveloped the volume control in VC. If I got rid of the bar graph or didn't try to match it's display, I could give you the full range of volume adjustment the device is capable of.

Jeff
    I don't notice any difference in the earpiece volume of my Bluespoon AX headset.

I wouldn't mind if you got rid of the volume display completely if it meant even more volume control. If people still want the dispaly, I'd recommend just chopping off the lower 6-8 levels of volume and leaving the highest 8 to match up perfectly with the display. I can't imagine anyone complaing about TOO MUCH volume from their 650 even on the lowest level.

p.s. great job with VC. This will be a must have app for every 650.
    jeff, jeff, jeff again you made my day http://discussion.treocentral.com/im...lies/smile.gif I been following up on your VC the whole day reading each post and finally you released Version 2.6 and WOW, WOW WOW http://discussion.treocentral.com/im...lies/smile.gif Its freakin loud man.....wooohoooooo i made a few test calls thanks to my girlfriend and my mom http://discussion.treocentral.com/im...lies/smile.gif all of them said that the call was loud and clear http://discussion.treocentral.com/im...lies/smile.gif Well dont know what more to say but THANK YOU JEFF keep it up and hope that when you finally release the final product it would be sharp as the Version 2.6.
    i also noticed that the side key volume adjustment makes a audible tone maybe you can incorporate that tone on your next release. From high tone to low tone so we the people could tell if the volume adjustment is increasing or decreasing
    Running VC 2.6 and cannot set mic slider more than halfway. Otherwise it will revert to lowest setting. Other than that it is a perfect app. May I also suggest that VC increase the key tone while typing in phone number ? During a call the keytone seems o.k.
    Quote Originally Posted by Jason23
    i also noticed that the side key volume adjustment makes a audible tone maybe you can incorporate that tone on your next release. From high tone to low tone so we the people could tell if the volume adjustment is increasing or decreasing
    Either that, or the user could figure out that pressing up on the rocker makes the volume louder and pressing down makes it quieter. I know that I'd rather not have a beeping noise from changing the volume while I'm having a conversation.
    jeff, jeff, jeff again you made my day http://discussion.treocentral.com/im...lies/smile.gif I been following up on your VC the whole day reading each post and finally you released Version 2.6 and WOW, WOW WOW http://discussion.treocentral.com/im...lies/smile.gif Its freakin loud man.....wooohoooooo i made a few test calls thanks to my girlfriend and my mom http://discussion.treocentral.com/im...lies/smile.gif all of them said that the call was loud and clear http://discussion.treocentral.com/im...lies/smile.gif Well dont know what more to say but THANK YOU JEFF keep it up and hope that when you finally release the final product it would be sharp as the Version 2.6.
    I am glad that it is working well for you! I am equally excited about this new found volume for my own phone. There is still some tweeking to do but I think we are almost home free on this one!

Jeff
    I have mixed feelings about this request. I would rather not have tones while I am on a call. I think tones are perfectly reasonable for the ringer volume. There you do want the audible feedback. But while you are on a call, you have the audible response right in your ear with the ongoing conversation. Right??? Or am I missing what you are asking for?

Jeff
    Quote Originally Posted by StevenChoi
    Running VC 2.6 and cannot set mic slider more than halfway. Otherwise it will revert to lowest setting. Other than that it is a perfect app. May I also suggest that VC increase the key tone while typing in phone number ? During a call the keytone seems o.k.
    Good catch on the slider! I'll fix it in the next release.

For the keytone? So as you are typing in numbers, you would want the DTMF to play louder? I will look to see if that is possible.

Jeff
    GREAT APPLICATION!!

I cant seem to raise the mic slider and make it stick. No matter where I put the slider, after I leave the app and return the slider has moved back to a position at the bottom of the scale.

FYI- "Speaker Phone" in the tips section is misspelled.

Thanks for the great solution.
    Quote Originally Posted by digitalfx
    I cant seem to raise the mic slider and make it stick. No matter where I put the slider, after I leave the app and return the slider has moved back to a position at the bottom of the scale.
    Mine does the same thing. All the others stay put but the MIC slider keeps moving itself back down to the bottom.
    Quote Originally Posted by 2000 Man
    Either that, or the user could figure out that pressing up on the rocker makes the volume louder and pressing down makes it quieter. I know that I'd rather not have a beeping noise from changing the volume while I'm having a conversation.
    I hate to step in here but I do want everyone to understand my views on feature requersts. I look at each feature request seriously. I promote and encourage people to feel free to post what ever ideas they have. That is the way the products that I develop are created. If you follow my developer forums here at TreoCentral or my other forums, I had over 100 people participating in the requirements definnitions and development direction of ProfileCare. I truely believe in user participation. That participation only happens if there is a free and open forum for their views and opinions.

So again I appologize for jumpping in here. I hope I did not offend anyone as that was NOT at all my intention!!!

Jeff
    Quote Originally Posted by digitalfx
    GREAT APPLICATION!!

FYI- "Speaker Phone" in the tips section is misspelled.

Thanks for the great solution.
    Thanks for the feedback! I am exhausted and going to bed. I will fix these things tomorrow.

Jeff
    I think that tones would be useful for setting volume levels without having to make a phone call, listen to mp3, etc. That way you could just slide the sliders in VolumeCare around until you get the volume levels close, and then fine tune from there.

btw: I just installed the early release version on my 1.21/1.06 ROW/Cingular phone - The earpiece volume is almost too loud to have it in my ear -- and I can't turn it down! (I did a soft reset after installing)

I tried playing mp3 with aeroplayer - and the sliders in volumecare didnt seem to affect the volume at all -- I left aeroplayer running in the background and went to volume care, slid the sliders around - no volume change...
    Quote Originally Posted by swinokur
    I think that tones would be useful for setting volume levels without having to make a phone call, listen to mp3, etc. That way you could just slide the sliders in VolumeCare around until you get the volume levels close, and then fine tune from there.

btw: I just installed the early release version on my 1.21/1.06 ROW/Cingular phone - The earpiece volume is almost too loud to have it in my ear -- and I can't turn it down! (I did a soft reset after installing)

I tried playing mp3 with aeroplayer - and the sliders in volumecare didnt seem to affect the volume at all -- I left aeroplayer running in the background and went to volume care, slid the sliders around - no volume change...
    Are you running the new one I posted tonight? V2.6 YOu should not be having the volume adjustment problems with this new release.

Jeff
    thanks for working hard on vc. a quick question. i have maxed everything out but the mic portion keeps going back( lets assume 1=lowest and 10=highest) about a 2 or 3...any reason why? thank you in advance
Page 7 of 36 FirstFirst ... 2345678910111217 ... LastLast