Page 6 of 36 FirstFirst 123456789101116 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by 2000 Man
    What you're describing is exactly what I was describing above. My goal is to use VC to increase the possible volume. That way I could set the initial volume in VC to normal levels but still have VC's volume boost waiting in the wings if I need it and can access it by simply using the volume rocker normally.
    I now have this working and will be posting a new version later today after I conduct a few more tests!

Jeff
    Quote Originally Posted by Bekktek
    ... also, maybe Jeff could answer this at some point - is the back speaker not the same as the speakerphone?
    Bek
    The speakerphone level is for phone calls, the Back Speaker is for system sounds such as key clicks plus mp3 etc sounds
    Thought of the day :
    No sense being pessimistic, it probably wouldn't work anyway
    Hello guys i just downloaded the 2.5 version and it seems to fixed the incoming issue. Another small problem that i came across it seems like the person on the other side is tellin me that the volume is alittle low. I think that the MIC needs alittle adjusting. Also the first time that i loaded the 2.5 on my phone when you set the adjustment on the MIC the arrow seems to be missing then pops up automatically.
    Hello Jeff,

I have VolumeCare 1.5. Will your newest version (what is it?) raise the earpiece volume any? I'm specifically asking about the volume of the earpiece, which is too low for me, even at maximum setting. I'm using a Sprint Treo 650. Keep up the good work...thanks! -Casey.
    Quote Originally Posted by Jason23
    Hello guys i just downloaded the 2.5 version and it seems to fixed the incoming issue. Another small problem that i came across it seems like the person on the other side is tellin me that the volume is alittle low. I think that the MIC needs alittle adjusting. Also the first time that i loaded the 2.5 on my phone when you set the adjustment on the MIC the arrow seems to be missing then pops up automatically.

LOL I just noticed that too.. but it's there now! I've asked the same question about the MIC so I'm not losing my mind!

Casey - the latest version is 2.5 and it fixes your earpiece volume (the rest of this thread talks about that). The update is on Jeff's site. I believe it's http://gotreosoftware.com.

Bek
    Global Posts
    916 Global Posts
    Jeff, After doing some more testing on my unlocked GSM Treo I have found that VC helps with incoming calls through the back speaker but when using the back speaker as a speaker phone it is still no where near loud enough. BTW, I'm running the lastest firmware 1.28 and the 1.13 software. Can you increase the sounds any more that you already have?
    GSM Treo 600 > Unlocked GSM Treo 650 on T-Mobile - Attempting to use a BB Curve

Technology is neither good nor evil, good people will find good uses for it and evil people will find evil uses for it. Phil P.
    Quote Originally Posted by HumP
    uh huh
    Your point is????
    Atlas Just Shrugged!
    Quote Originally Posted by Bekktek
    convbcuda..curiously, what do you have your settings on?

Bek
    Handset is maxed out.

Speaker Phone is maxed out, but I haven't used it.

Back speaker is in the middle in VolumeCare. In the Palm software, under General, System Volume is 1.

Headset is not selected.

Stereo Headphones is not selected.

Mic Volume is maxed out, but I haven't made a call since the upgrade. I've only tested by calling voicemail.
    Atlas Just Shrugged!
    Hi Bek,

Thanks for the link and information. I just installed version 2.5, and made a couple calls. I'm not sure whether the earpiece volume is any louder or not. But I just called someone, and the person told me that *MY* voice volume sounds lower to him now. I may be mistaken, and I'll have to do more tests. By the way, the person I called was another fellow Treo 650 owner on his Treo.

As for settings on version 2.5, I raised everything to maximum, and also clicked on the 2 Second Green LED when Active, plus checked the Enabled button. Are these the correct settings, or should I do different settings?

Does anybody else have a problem that callers are telling you YOUR voice now sounds lower in volume?
    I just called my wife, and she seemed to be having a bit of trouble hearing me, but I didn't have a good connection (dropped twice) so it's hard to say whether that was the problem or not.
    Atlas Just Shrugged!
    Quote Originally Posted by Casey Cheung
    Hi Bek,

Thanks for the link and information. I just installed version 2.5, and made a couple calls. I'm not sure whether the earpiece volume is any louder or not. But I just called someone, and the person told me that *MY* voice volume sounds lower to him now. I may be mistaken, and I'll have to do more tests. By the way, the person I called was another fellow Treo 650 owner on his Treo.

As for settings on version 2.5, I raised everything to maximum, and also clicked on the 2 Second Green LED when Active, plus checked the Enabled button. Are these the correct settings, or should I do different settings?

Does anybody else have a problem that callers are telling you YOUR voice now sounds lower in volume?

LOL Casey.. these are identical comments and questions I've asked in this very thread.. I hope Jeff is working on the MIC issue because I am getting the same complaints very regularly about my mic volume.

Bek
    Well, I just called another person, my wife. She also says my voice volume sounds a little lower.

Actually, there's a possibility I'm detecting my earpiece volume to be slightly louder...maybe, but not absolutely sure yet.

However, it's no good to have people tell me my own voice is now lower.

Is there another version besides 2.5 that has louder earpiece volume, but minus the aforementioned problem?

What to do, what to do???
    Quote Originally Posted by jeffgibson
    I now have this working and will be posting a new version later today after I conduct a few more tests!

Jeff
    Awesome!
    Quote Originally Posted by Casey Cheung
    Well, I just called another person, my wife. She also says my voice volume sounds a little lower.

Actually, there's a possibility I'm detecting my earpiece volume to be slightly louder...maybe, but not absolutely sure yet.

However, it's no good to have people tell me my own voice is now lower.

Is there another version besides 2.5 that has louder earpiece volume, but minus the aforementioned problem?

What to do, what to do???
    Just be patient.. I believe Jeff is working on things. For now, just talk louder. LOL

Bek
    Bek,

I noticed there is a version 2.3. Is this worth trying? Or would this be no different for me?

Thank, Casey.
    Okay, I just removed ver 2.5, and installed ver 2.3 instead. I'm pretty sure that ver 2.3 works better for me. The same Treo 650 owner/friend I called previously said my voice volume now sounds better (louder) under version 2.3 (versus 2.5). I'm pretty sure I heard him a little bit louder too with my earpiece.

However, even though I'm potentially getting a bit louder sound volume from my earpiece with version 2.3 which is a good thing, there was also a definite hissing sound in the background that I heard throughout the entire conversation. The person on the other end said he heard no hissing sound. So the hissing sound only came from my side.

I also called (415) POP-CORN to hear my local time given by a recorder. Under version 2.5, the sound volume from the earpiece was just "okay". But under version 2.3, it was positively louder! I would say at least 15 to 20 percent louder. I also heard the same hissing sound in the background.

Does anybody else hear a hissing background sound in their earpiece? I never heard a hissing sound before using version 1.5. Also, do others think that version 2.3 is better than 2.5?

For now, I'm going to keep using version 2.3, until something better comes along.
    Global Posts
    1,935 Global Posts
    v2.3 works great for me. Volume is much louder on handset than w/o VC, people on other side say I sound great, speakerphone is loud, the only thing is incoming calls are not as loud as outgoing on handset. However, seeing what you guys are experiencing with 2.5 I think I'll hold onto 2.3 until those kinks get straightened out.
    Palm VII-Palm Vx-Palm M125-Clie T615-Sony NZ90-Sony NX80-Toshiba E800-Sony NZ90 (again)-Treo 600-HP 6315-Treo 650-Moto MPX220-SX66-Treo 650 (again)-QTek 9100-HP6515-Cingular 8125-Moto Q (10 days)-Cingular 8125 (again)-Nokia 9300-Cingular 2125 & Nokia E62-ETen M600+-Cingular 3125-Treo 750 & Samsung Blackjack-Cingular 8525-iPhone-Moto Q9-at&t Tilt-iPhone3G-Nokia E71-HTC Diamond-Blackberry Bold-at&t Fuze-SE Xperia X1a-Treo Pro.

Be very, very quiet. I'm gonna catch me a rhinoceros.
    I'm still using 2.3 and I'm having...Hello, ........hello,............HELLO!!! problems. I'm guessing the reason no one can hear me is related to VC. I hoped 2.5 would fix some of my issues. I'm having resets and lockups now and I hardly ever reset, of course I was only on 1.28 for 2-4 days before VC, but I'm getting them about once every 4 hours. The error says it's caused by an un-known application.

Anyone know if the DB Cache tool plays well with VC? What about PXA clocker? Thanks for any info.
    JW
    "However, even though I'm potentially getting a bit louder sound volume from my earpiece with version 2.3 which is a good thing, there was also a definite hissing sound in the background that I heard throughout the entire conversation. The person on the other end said he heard no hissing sound. So the hissing sound only came from my side."
    Yes, that is 1 of the reasons Jeff released V2.5
    "Someone call the Whambulance"
    Photo Blog
    My Space
    All,

Be patient as I work through different configurations. If having a few problems is not something you want, please install V2.2 from the official release section of my website. I am releasing interum fixes so people can continue to test and see incremental changes and progress. There will be a few more bumps in the road before I have a solid production-ready solution for the new LOUD feature.

I have made some significant changes and am hopeful to have a much better release out yet tonight.

Thanks,

Jeff