Page 5 of 36 FirstFirst 1234567891015 ... LastLast
    With f/w 1.23, the earpiece volume is *a lot* louder than f/w 1.28 BUT with f/w 1.23 every person complains about the echo whereas f/w 1.28 have none which leads me to believe the cause is with the earpiece volume. I may be wrong though.

I just tested VC 2.3 and there is no echo even with the earpiece to max. and it is noticeable louder than f/w 1.28 and I think it is the same level as f/w 1.23. Does VC does something to sound quality besides increaisng the volume ? BTW, how long is the trial period ?
    Quote Originally Posted by StevenChoi
    With f/w 1.23, the earpiece volume is *a lot* louder than f/w 1.28 BUT with f/w 1.23 every person complains about the echo whereas f/w 1.28 have none which leads me to believe the cause is with the earpiece volume. I may be wrong though.

I just tested VC 2.3 and there is no echo even with the earpiece to max. and it is noticeable louder than f/w 1.28 and I think it is the same level as f/w 1.23. Does VC does something to sound quality besides increaisng the volume ? BTW, how long is the trial period ?
    I am doing more than just increasing the volume. The trial is 15 days.

Jeff
    Quote Originally Posted by jeffgibson
    I am doing more than just increasing the volume. The trial is 15 days.

Jeff
    Thanks. Maybe Palm should have hire you as one of their developer team
    Quote Originally Posted by StevenChoi
    Thanks. Maybe Palm should have hire you as one of their developer team
    I want to make more $'s than a P1 developer would make. But I appreciate the company you equated me to.

My goal would be to have GoTreo Software bundled into every Treo 650 sold!

Jeff
    Jeff, enough playing around on the forums - you've got a promised update to push out
    One question Jeff. Do the volume sliders need to be set all the way to the right in order to take full advantage of the volume boost? I ask because 95% of the time I don't need the extra volume and it's a pain to have to turn the volume down all of the time.

If I enable a setting and set the volume slider towards the lower end of the range, can I access the rest of the range from the volume rocker while I'm on a call?
    ok, here is what I found strange about this new version Jeff. The ringer volume is really loud if somebody calls even though it's set in the sound prefs to the minimum level and the back speaker is set to minimum as well. What is strange though, is that if you hang up and call again, the ringer volume on the next call is the way it's supposed to be.

any thoughts on this?
    I have posted a new Early Release of VolumeCare. Takes care:

Incoming calls
    Restoring Sound Volumes after a call is completed
    Loud Alarm Sounds

Still working on restoring LOUD headset volume if you manually change volume settings.

Can I assume then that VC does not work the way that I had asked about above?
    Global Posts
    88 Global Posts
    And they should I am still wondering if they tested the Treo in the street or only in the quiet Palm labs!!!
    Testing V2.4 now.
    The random uping of the Back Speaker seems to have stopped.

I don't think there is much improvement in the incoming phone volume.

The outgoing phone volume is very load, I'm slowly turning it down to try and find a good level.
    Thought of the day :
    No sense being pessimistic, it probably wouldn't work anyway
    Quote Originally Posted by 2000 Man
    Can I assume then that VC does not work the way that I had asked about above?
    I am still working on the optimal behavior of VC. Right now it does not work the way you described. What should be happening is the volume keys should act as the adjustment during the call. The sliders in VC should act as the initial volume setting and the volume keys should be able to raise and lower the volume and take into account the new volume changes just as though you had moved the sliders all the way left or right.

I am working on a roadblock for the headset where the initial setting I make are not maintained if you change the volume. I hope to figure this out ASAP.

Jeff

Jeff
    Quote Originally Posted by ChasT
    Testing V2.4 now.
    The random uping of the Back Speaker seems to have stopped.

I don't think there is much improvement in the incoming phone volume.

The outgoing phone volume is very load, I'm slowly turning it down to try and find a good level.
    I am surprised on the incoming results. Will look into this more later today.

Jeff
    Jeff,

Thanks for your persistence on this program. I just downloaded VC 2.4 and have discovered the following...

1. With out any volume adjustments and just enabling the Handset, Speaker Phone and Back Speaker is plenty loud enough for me, and definately a MAJOR improvement over how the phone's volume is shipped from Palm. I haven't tried the last 3 volume adjustments.

2. The volume increase still doesn't work on incoming calls - initially. If I switch to speakerphone it works (and the 2-second LED confirms it too), then if I switch back to Handset the volume is increased. So in summary, an interim solution for me on incoming calls is to switch to speakerphone then back to handset really-quick and the handset volume is nice and loud.

3. After 30 minutes-or-so of testing, it appears to me that as you reported the previous unexplained rear speaker volume "turbo-boost" after a few minutes of standby appears to be fixed

BTW, I am using unlocked GSM FW 1.28. It may help you in troubleshooting if others would report what Treo version and firmware they have when reporting here?
    Last edited by Wireless_Guru; 06/23/2005 at 09:00 AM.
    Does the current Early Release of ProfileCare have the same version of VC?

I am currently testing PC to solve my volume issues, should I switch to VC?
    I am still working on the optimal behavior of VC. Right now it does not work the way you described. What should be happening is the volume keys should act as the adjustment during the call. The sliders in VC should act as the initial volume setting and the volume keys should be able to raise and lower the volume and take into account the new volume changes just as though you had moved the sliders all the way left or right.
    What you're describing is exactly what I was describing above. My goal is to use VC to increase the possible volume. That way I could set the initial volume in VC to normal levels but still have VC's volume boost waiting in the wings if I need it and can access it by simply using the volume rocker normally.
    I have posted a new Early Release of VolumeCare. Takes care:

Incoming calls
    Restoring Sound Volumes after a call is completed
    Loud Alarm Sounds
    I just installed it, and so far, it has fixed the super loud alarms/ringer issue. I haven't had any incoming calls yet, so I want to test that. After I check out ScheduleCare and decide if I need it too, you'll have a paying customer. Actually 2 paying customers since my wife also has a 650.

I just can't believe nobody at Palm tested this phone in a noisy area. I had to use my Bluetooth headset (which I hate because they make me look even dorkier than I already am) any time I was outside.
    Atlas Just Shrugged!
    uh huh
    What different between VolumeCare 2.5 & 2.4 ?
    Quote Originally Posted by convbcuda
    I just installed it, and so far, it has fixed the super loud alarms/ringer issue. I haven't had any incoming calls yet, so I want to test that. After I check out ScheduleCare and decide if I need it too, you'll have a paying customer. Actually 2 paying customers since my wife also has a 650.

I just can't believe nobody at Palm tested this phone in a noisy area. I had to use my Bluetooth headset (which I hate because they make me look even dorkier than I already am) any time I was outside.
    convbcuda..curiously, what do you have your settings on? I can't figure out the proper/most effective settings for my back speaker/alerts... also, maybe Jeff could answer this at some point - is the back speaker not the same as the speakerphone? I was letting my 6 year old watch Finding Nemo and as I mentioned above, I couldn't figure out which to change ... also, did/does anyone else not notice the mic being low? I wondered if this could be upped a smidge just to have the ability...

Bek
Page 5 of 36 FirstFirst 1234567891015 ... LastLast