Page 4 of 36 FirstFirst 12345678914 ... LastLast
    Atlas Just Shrugged!
    Quote Originally Posted by Bekktek
    ... I also realized that my alert sounds got really loud when I turned up the back speaker like someone else mentioned..ProfileCare will take care of this?...
    Not sure what version you have, but 2.3 has a checkbox next to all 6 adjustable sound levels. So for example, if I don't want to adjust "Back Speaker" (system sounds), from the phone's default settings, I can just leave it unchecked.
    Quote Originally Posted by JDS
    Is the latest of VolumeCare bundled into ProfileCare?
    I have not added the new function into PC yet but it will be added. I just want to fine tune VC before I add this function to PC. But this is my position on the products:

At the *present* time VC is 100% contatined within PC. If VC grows so big that it no longer makes sense to keep 100% of VC in PC, existing customers of PC will get a free license key to VC. If at the point in time, PC no longer catins 100% of VC and you are not a PC customer, you will need to purchase both products. The net-net is that I will protect my existing customer's investment in PC/VC if changes need to be made in the future to the functions of either program.

Jeff
    Quote Originally Posted by jlczl
    WOW! Hadn't tried Volumecare cuz I had read it didn't fix the volume just kept it at max but I'M glad I decided to read this thread. V2.3 prc posted here just made my Treo work the way it should. Just downladed straight to my treo (it downloaded as a .php file so I renamed it to .prc and mailed it to myself with Snapper) and installed it. I can now choose to use my Treo w/o a bt headset whenever I want to. I had been confined to only using a headset cuz my volume was ridiculously low. Thanks.
    Nice! Just so you know, I maintain an OTA download site for all of my software on my website: http://GoTreoSoftware.com. This is a service I provide to make it easier for you to keep your applications from GoTreo current. This new version of VC is not up there yet though but I will create a new OTA link for Beta versions of my software later today.

Jeff
    Quote Originally Posted by Wireless_Guru
    Ahh, I just noticed the "i" icon in the upper right. That clears it up, thanks.

Personally I have not enabled the Back Speaker since mp3's and system sounds through the back speaker were loud enough anyways IMO.

As others have reported, I too have noticed that if you adjust the volume using the side buttons during a call you can't get the VOLUME back until the call is ended. Minor inconvenience.
    I am going to fix the volume key issue later today.

Jeff
    Quote Originally Posted by convbcuda
    Nice touch and you are welcome!
    Quote Originally Posted by jeffgibson
    I am going to fix the volume key issue later today.
    Will you post the update here, or on your website which appears to only have version 2.2 available for download ??
    Will you post the update here, or on your website which appears to only have version 2.2 available for download ??
    I will post to a new part of my site that I will create later tonight for Beta versions of my software. I will post the link here when that update is made.

Jeff
    oh man thank you! i had the trial before, so i just went and bought this. the volume does seem louder! the real test will be in a few hours when the city gets busy, but trust me i'll give it a try.

thanks again.
    The busy city streets of downtown San Francisco stand no chance against volumecare!

ok here's some questions or issues. (i guess i should post this on your site, but i didn't notice any traffic on your forums). i've only been using this for a little bit so here it is. i find when i make an outgoing call volume care turns on (i have the indicator LED option turned on) and my volume is loud, everything a-ok. however when i receive a call i don't see that light turn on and my volume does not seem louder. when i power my phone on every time i do notice that the idicator turns on but that doesn't seem to affect an incoming call. (also everytime the indicator light comes on it causes my phone to go back into blicking green light mode until i change to another app or screen. i have LEDoff on my phone. this isn't a big deal cause i plan to just turn off the indicator light once i see everything is working smoothe.)

so yeah, is there an issue with incoming calls or am i missing a setting? do i have any other programs conflicting maybe?

thanks. and again this program is a phonesaver! priceless, well $9.00.
    Quote Originally Posted by sixsixty
    The busy city streets of downtown San Francisco stand no chance against volumecare!

ok here's some questions or issues. (i guess i should post this on your site, but i didn't notice any traffic on your forums). i've only been using this for a little bit so here it is. i find when i make an outgoing call volume care turns on (i have the indicator LED option turned on) and my volume is loud, everything a-ok. however when i receive a call i don't see that light turn on and my volume does not seem louder. when i power my phone on every time i do notice that the idicator turns on but that doesn't seem to affect an incoming call. (also everytime the indicator light comes on it causes my phone to go back into blicking green light mode until i change to another app or screen. i have LEDoff on my phone. this isn't a big deal cause i plan to just turn off the indicator light once i see everything is working smoothe.)

so yeah, is there an issue with incoming calls or am i missing a setting? do i have any other programs conflicting maybe?

thanks. and again this program is a phonesaver! priceless, well $9.00.
    You can post where you want. I would say that I would prefer support related posts to go to my website so these forums don't get cluttered with those issues. Just makes it difficult for people to keep up with features and how to discussions.

I will be looking into the behaviors you found later tonight.

Thanks for posting!

Jeff
    Global Posts
    88 Global Posts
    Same issue, incoming call volume is not boosted.
    Thanks Jeff !
    great i'll start a thread about this on your site.

and again. thanks! the volume has been the one biggest issue i've been having with my treo. pretty much the only issue i've been having!
    Quote Originally Posted by Gerome
    Same issue, incoming call volume is not boosted.
    Thanks Jeff !
    Me too, I'm getting a very good boost on out going calls, but nothing on incoming calls.

Plus the Back Speaker is working in turbo mode, but not all the time which makes adjustment difficult. It's loud even if I untick Back Speaker. I think that if I set the Back Speaker volume to low it may cure it ?

If you can get this sorted it will be THE must have app for the 650.

ps I registered it last week, so I'm a convert already
    Thought of the day :
    No sense being pessimistic, it probably wouldn't work anyway
    Here's the thread on Jeff's GoTreo Software Support Forums http://www.gotreosoftware.com/module...viewtopic&t=32
    Here's the thread on Jeff's GoTreo Software Support Forums http://www.gotreosoftware.com/module...viewtopic&t=32
    Perhaps you can keep us posted of the progress on this. I'm already registered here and Mytreo.net, I don't really want to have to register at another site and monitor it as well
    Thought of the day :
    No sense being pessimistic, it probably wouldn't work anyway
    When the earpiece volume is high the other party will experience echo because the mic pickup voice from the earpiece and retransmit it. I think Palm choose an easy fix for this problem by limiting the earpiece volume rather than using echo supression technology.

If one use VolumeCare to increase the earpiece volume, does the calling party experience echo ?
    Quote Originally Posted by StevenChoi
    When the earpiece volume is high the other party will experience echo because the mic pickup voice from the earpiece and retransmit it. I think Palm choose an easy fix for this problem by limiting the earpiece volume rather than using echo supression technology.

If one use VolumeCare to increase the earpiece volume, does the calling party experience echo ?
    I'd be more concerned about echo from increasing the mic sensitivity than from increasing the earpiece volume.
    Quote Originally Posted by StevenChoi

Based on my personal experience, there has been no issues with echo on either end of the call.

Jeff
    Quote Originally Posted by 2000 Man
    I'd be more concerned about echo from increasing the mic sensitivity than from increasing the earpiece volume.
    I use my phone a fair bit and I have gotten 20 independent comments from people that said my phone sounds better than my land line.

I have solicited comments from about 15 other people asking them if my cell phone sounds any different. Each told me that I sounded like I was on a land line and could not believe that I was on my cell phone.

In VoluemCare I have my MIC volume all the way to the right. This seems to be consistent with the early reports from VC users too but your milage may vary....

Jeff
Page 4 of 36 FirstFirst 12345678914 ... LastLast