Page 35 of 36 FirstFirst ... 2530313233343536 LastLast
    2 questions, I have version 3.21 is there a price involved in this upgrade.
    Second have you had any look with the bluetooth headsets.
    All Treo 600 users,

Attached is a test build for the Treo 600. Can people test this and let me know if it works for you?

Jeff
    Attached Files Attached Files
    Quote Originally Posted by zenet2
    2 questions, I have version 3.21 is there a price involved in this upgrade.
    No charge for the upgrade but there is now a new Add-on for VolumeCare v4.x that does carry a $5.00 price tag.

Second have you had any look with the bluetooth headsets.
    Not Yet. I am still trying though.

Jeff
    Hi Jeff,

I just recently registered Volumecare, and am trying to use it in conjunction with Freedom v1.4 on my Treo 650.

I have a stereo headset (complete with button on the mic) which I am trying to use with the 650. With Freedom installed (so I can use the headset with PocketTunes), I find that the volume boost from VolumeCare comes and goes.

It seems that when you are in the phone application Volumecare has priority, and the call can only be heard in the right earpiece. This seems to be normal headset behaviour.

When you switch to another application, then Freedom seems to get priority, as all of a sudden the call is coming out of both earpieces, and the volume level changes.

If I then adjust the volume using the rocker buttons, Volumecare comes in again, and the call goes back to the right earpiece.

Should these two apps be able to co-exist?

If not, would it be possible to enhance Volumecare so that it performs a similar function to Freedom with stereo headsets?

Thanks,

Bagpuss.
    Last edited by Bagpuss; 08/24/2005 at 11:33 AM.
    It's better to have people complain that they have to do a soft reset than to have them complain that the product doesn't work (because they didn't do the soft reset).
    Atlas Just Shrugged!
    I just upgraded to 4.09. A minor nit:

The ring tone boost works, but I can only test it by making a call to my cell phone.

Ideally, I should be able to hear what the boosted ringtone sounds like when the sample is played as a result of selecting a ringtone or selecting a volume setting in the "Sound and Alerts" preferences panel. When the ringtone is invoked that way, the boost doesn't get applied; it plays at the selected volume level without the boost.

If the boost did get applied in the Sounds panel, then I could fine tune the volume and boost settings without having to have a second phone on hand. A useful enhancement, but only if implementation isn't too complex.
    Unlocked GSM Palm 650.
    Quote Originally Posted by Bagpuss
    Hi Jeff,

I just recently registered Volumecare, and am trying to use it in conjunction with Freedom v1.4 on my Treo 650.

I have a stereo headset (complete with button on the mic) which I am trying to use with the 650. With Freedom installed (so I can use the headset with PocketTunes), I find that the volume boost from VolumeCare comes and goes.
    If you have "Enable Application Control" enabled and you no longer have pTunes as the active application, your volume level will drop. Is this what you are seeing?

It seems that when you are in the phone application Volumecare has priority, and the call can only be heard in the right earpiece. This seems to be normal headset behaviour.
    Do you have the "Stereo Headset" option enabled in the Global Options menu screen? That is speficially what this option does. It allows you to hear out of both ears during a call.

When you switch to another application, then Freedom seems to get priority, as all of a sudden the call is coming out of both earpieces, and the volume level changes.

If I then adjust the volume using the rocker buttons, Volumecare comes in again, and the call goes back to the right earpiece.
    Again, you need to enable the Global Options feature.

Should these two apps be able to co-exist?

If not, would it be possible to enhance Volumecare so that it performs a similar function to Freedom with stereo headsets?

Thanks,

Bagpuss.
    Everything should be fine if you enable that feature option.

jeff
    Quote Originally Posted by convbcuda
    It's better to have people complain that they have to do a soft reset than to have them complain that the product doesn't work (because they didn't do the soft reset).
    Agreed. I have put the reset back in to v4.09.

Jeff
    Quote Originally Posted by busyba
    I just upgraded to 4.09. A minor nit:

The ring tone boost works, but I can only test it by making a call to my cell phone.

Ideally, I should be able to hear what the boosted ringtone sounds like when the sample is played as a result of selecting a ringtone or selecting a volume setting in the "Sound and Alerts" preferences panel. When the ringtone is invoked that way, the boost doesn't get applied; it plays at the selected volume level without the boost.

If the boost did get applied in the Sounds panel, then I could fine tune the volume and boost settings without having to have a second phone on hand. A useful enhancement, but only if implementation isn't too complex.
    I know what you mean. You can however kind of get there now. If you enable "Enable Application Control" and select Preferences as one of the boosted applications, you will hear the boosted volume. The only slight catch is that it will play the volume based on the "Back Speaker" boost level rather than the Ring Tone boost level. Shouldn't be that big of a deal.

Jeff
    Jeff--Is the v4.09 test build for 600 users only or should 650 users upgrade as well?
    Quote Originally Posted by Sputnik57
    Jeff--Is the v4.09 test build for 600 users only or should 650 users upgrade as well?
    No. v4.09 does not have the T600 code in it. There are 3 changes:

1) New registration error screens. Gives explainations based on entry of bad livcense keys
    2) Removed the LED option
    3) Re-implemented the automatic soft reset folllowing an installation

Still waiting on feedback form T600 users on that code line.

Jeff
    Quote Originally Posted by jeffgibson
    I know what you mean. You can however kind of get there now. If you enable "Enable Application Control" and select Preferences as one of the boosted applications, you will hear the boosted volume. The only slight catch is that it will play the volume based on the "Back Speaker" boost level rather than the Ring Tone boost level. Shouldn't be that big of a deal.

Jeff
    Sweet! Just what I needed.

Okay, here's another...

I just installed ProfileCare, and there's one thing missing (I think) that would be a HUGE win if you added it: the ability to have the ProfileCare profiles control the VolumeCare boost settings. As far as I can tell, the profile can alter the 1-7 volume scale settings, but not the boost.

Here's why I need that... I pretty much have 3 desired sound profiles: Normal, Work and Pocket. Normal is medium volume, suitable for around the house. Work is a low volume ringtone and alert setting for when I'm at work with the Treo by my side on the desk; it doesn't take much for me to hear it and I want it low enough to not disturb those around me. Pocket is for when I'm out on the noisy NYC streets with the phone in my pocket (with my preferred tones, an unboosted 7 is not audible). For the Pocket profile I need to set the boost rather high (~85%) and set the volume to 7, but with that boost setting, even a volume 1 level is too loud for the work profile.

Also, a question about the profile settings. If my Master Profile has a given setting configured as "no change", what is the behavior when a nested profile that alters that particular setting expires? Does the setting revert back to whatever it was before the nested profile started or does it stay at the nested profile's setting?
    Unlocked GSM Palm 650.
    Jeff,

any chances to transform sliders into drop off items in future realeases ?
    it would be so cool !

Nico.
    Jeff,

Nice suggestion on the preferences suggestion.

I agree, either PC or VC (prefer PC) should have settings to control volume preferably based on the PC profile running at the time.

Okay, here's another...

I just installed ProfileCare, and there's one thing missing (I think) that would be a HUGE win if you added it: the ability to have the ProfileCare profiles control the VolumeCare boost settings. As far as I can tell, the profile can alter the 1-7 volume scale settings, but not the boost.

Here's why I need that... I pretty much have 3 desired sound profiles: Normal, Work and Pocket. Normal is medium volume, suitable for around the house. Work is a low volume ringtone and alert setting for when I'm at work with the Treo by my side on the desk; it doesn't take much for me to hear it and I want it low enough to not disturb those around me. Pocket is for when I'm out on the noisy NYC streets with the phone in my pocket (with my preferred tones, an unboosted 7 is not audible). For the Pocket profile I need to set the boost rather high (~85%) and set the volume to 7, but with that boost setting, even a volume 1 level is too loud for the work profile.

Also, a question about the profile settings. If my Master Profile has a given setting configured as "no change", what is the behavior when a nested profile that alters that particular setting expires? Does the setting revert back to whatever it was before the nested profile started or does it stay at the nested profile's setting?

Okay, here's another...

This has been requested before and I will look into it. I think it is a nice idea.

When a profile changes a setting, it saves the previous state of the setting. So it does not matter of the overlayed profile did not set anything. Its the job of the profile that changes the setting to restore the setting at the completion of the profile. Does this make sense?

Jeff
    Quote Originally Posted by ouzbed
    Jeff,

any chances to transform sliders into drop off items in future realeases ?
    it would be so cool !

Nico.
    This has been requested several times but I am not sure what value this would add other than introducing a harder interface to use. I like the fact that while on a phone call, I can easily adjust values with one hand very quickly with the slider through the entire range of values. A drop down would limit this adjustment to single values at a time.

Thoughts???

Jeff
    Jeff,
    maybe you're right but maybe it will add more precise adjustments and a better user interface ? (I'm not saying VolumeCare is ugly, no no no I love this program !).

Nico.
    This has been requested several times but I am not sure what value this would add other than introducing a harder interface to use. I like the fact that while on a phone call, I can easily adjust values with one hand very quickly with the slider through the entire range of values. A drop down would limit this adjustment to single values at a time.

Thoughts???

Jeff
    I agree Jeff, but what would be nice would be a more "linear" adjustment of the sliders...maybe making them wider. For me, it is difficult to get a precise adjustment, taking my fat fingers & the stylus into account.
    When a profile changes a setting, it saves the previous state of the setting. So it does not matter of the overlayed profile did not set anything. Its the job of the profile that changes the setting to restore the setting at the completion of the profile. Does this make sense?

Jeff
    Yeah, I get it. I was assuming that when a profile expires, the next profile on the top of the stack reapplies itself, rather than the expiring profile undoing itself.

I like your way better. It reduces the chances of "artifacts" remaining from expired profiles.
    Unlocked GSM Palm 650.
    Quote Originally Posted by Coffeeman
    I agree Jeff, but what would be nice would be a more "linear" adjustment of the sliders...maybe making them wider. For me, it is difficult to get a precise adjustment, taking my fat fingers & the stylus into account.
    If you use the 5-way to adjust the sliders, it will move in precise increments along the scale, one step per push.
    Unlocked GSM Palm 650.