Page 33 of 36 FirstFirst ... 23282930313233343536 LastLast
    I just upgraded to VC version 4.04
    For some reason when I put a tick in the box next to MIC Volume, the slider adjuster does not appear ??
    And then I close VC and re-open it and the select box next to MIC Volume is unselected again. It seems that I cannot make it remain selected......
    Quote Originally Posted by Roobuls
    I just upgraded to VC version 4.04
    For some reason when I put a tick in the box next to MIC Volume, the slider adjuster does not appear ??
    And then I close VC and re-open it and the select box next to MIC Volume is unselected again. It seems that I cannot make it remain selected......
    I posted version 4.05 tonight that fixes this problem.

In the same release, I fixed the RingTone problem on GSM phones.

Jeff
    Quote Originally Posted by Bekktek
    I guess I should lay off the worship...

Bek
    I hope NOT! It does wonders for my ego!

Jeff
    I like how this version has a 'Recommended Values' reset feature.
    That way I can experiment around and then reset back to default settings if I want.

Thanks.
    Global Posts
    82 Global Posts
    Jeff, I love this program. Just one question. When I am in the middle of a call I can hit the up/dwn switch on the side of the phone and increase/decrease the volume and a box comes up on the screen showing the increase/decrease. This box I am assuming is from your program (new with 4.01 I believe?). The only way I can figure out to get it to go away is to switch to another app and then back into the phone app. The single button below the up/dwn switch doesn't do anything and the 5 way doesn't either. Am I missing something?

Max
    Quote Originally Posted by mk3013
    Jeff, I love this program. Just one question. When I am in the middle of a call I can hit the up/dwn switch on the side of the phone and increase/decrease the volume and a box comes up on the screen showing the increase/decrease. This box I am assuming is from your program (new with 4.01 I believe?). The only way I can figure out to get it to go away is to switch to another app and then back into the phone app. The single button below the up/dwn switch doesn't do anything and the 5 way doesn't either. Am I missing something?

Max
    A few things. Whenever you have VC control the volume for a speaker, VC will replace the default call volume graph. If you are using a program like TreoGuard or Treo Technician and have the option "Disable Alarms During Calls" enabled, VC's call volume display will not disappear because these apps are blocking the alarm VC uses to clear this window.

Version 4.05 of VC solves this problem is 2 ways:

1) Use VC's "Disable Alarms" feature in place of the other appliction's alarm feature. Then VC will handle the removal of this volume window automatically
    2) If you elect to not use VC's alarm feature, a simple tap on the screen or the press of a keyboard button will clear this volume window.

Jeff
    OK, I hope this does not sound too stupid...but I have been thinking that when I set up VC I should move the sliders to the right to increase the volume level. But after installing the latest version and looking at the information screens, it says move the slider to the left to increse it. So Left increases and Right decreases?

Also, do I need to do a soft reset after installing a new version?

Thanks,
    winter
    Jeff-

I signed up for the trial when VC was $9.

I like the program. It is a great add to the phone!
    The trial has expired and I went to purchase the activation code, but now it is $14.95 and the shopping cart automatically tacks on a $4.95 program as well!

Can't I just activate the VC at $9.00?
    Quote Originally Posted by mullva
    Jeff-

The trial has expired and I went to purchase the activation code, but now it is $14.95 and the shopping cart automatically tacks on a $4.95 program as well!

Just get it at the 14.95 ... Best Money You ever spent on Your treo. I've bought three copies for our office and will be buying another one today ..Paid 9.00 for the first one.. BTW the Program is now MUCH better than when he was selling at $9.00
    Quote Originally Posted by mullva
    Jeff-

Well I increased the price of the software over 3 weeks ago so your trail must have run out a while ago now. But I had to go through the price increase to account for the added developement time that has gone into the product since its original launch. The $9 price was set based on minimal R&D time. I have made many advances in the progam and it provides much more value than even the $14.95 price tag. The newest version of VolumeCare now has an Add-On component. I elected to *not* charge existing customers an upgrade fee to go to v4.x. Rather, I am charging separately for the new non-phone feature set. I thought this was the best way to bring out a new release. This new add-on is put in the shopping cart but it is *not* added to your shopping cart unless you hit the *add* button. I just wanted to make the buying process as easy as possible for all new VolumeCare users.

I hope this explanation helps.

Jeff
    Quote Originally Posted by jeffgibson
    ... The newest version of VolumeCare now has an Add-On component. I elected to *not* charge existing customers an upgrade fee to go to v4.x. Rather, I am charging separately for the new non-phone feature set. ... Jeff
    Jeff:

I am confused. Version 4.07 has a "Ringtone" checkbox and a global option to "Enable Application Control" for any application.

Is there more than this in the "add-on?"

Thanks,

William
    Quote Originally Posted by westronic
    Jeff:

I am confused. Version 4.07 has a "Ringtone" checkbox and a global option to "Enable Application Control" for any application.

Is there more than this in the "add-on?"

Thanks,

William
    New Features in version 4.00:

* New call volume graphic display. The default display is replaced when VolumeCare is active. The new volume display meter is now calibrated with the "Boost" setting. This means the display will now truely reflect the current volume setting.
    * New "Recommended Values" Menu option. This option will allow you to reset all volume configuration settings to GoTreo recommended values.
    * New Add-on module to control non-phone application volume settings.

Add-on Module Feature Set:

* Allows for the selection of applications that will have their volume controlled by VolumeCare. The selection of applications is made in the Global Options menu screen!
    * Allows for the independent Boosting of Rintones!

Jeff
    New Features in version 4.00:

* New call volume graphic display. The default display is replaced when VolumeCare is active. The new volume display meter is now calibrated with the "Boost" setting. This means the display will now truely reflect the current volume setting.
    * New "Recommended Values" Menu option. This option will allow you to reset all volume configuration settings to GoTreo recommended values.
    * New Add-on module to control non-phone application volume settings.

Add-on Module Feature Set:

* Allows for the selection of applications that will have their volume controlled by VolumeCare. The selection of applications is made in the Global Options menu screen!
    * Allows for the independent Boosting of Rintones!

Jeff
    Since I already have the Ringtones and Application volume controls, it would appear I already have the add-on. Is that right? I did not download it separately.
    Since I already have the Ringtones and Application volume controls, it would appear I already have the add-on. Is that right? I did not download it separately.
    Oh, wait - I get it - I think. Does to take a seperate registration code for the add-in and I am in a trial period for the add-in only?

If that's true, a much better explanation on the web site would be appreciated!! I have something in mind if you are interested.
    Oh, wait - I get it - I think. Does to take a seperate registration code for the add-in and I am in a trial period for the add-in only?

If that's true, a much better explanation on the web site would be appreciated!! I have something in mind if you are interested.
    That is right. I am open to suggestions on how to make this clear.

Jeff
    That is right. I am open to suggestions on how to make this clear.

Jeff
    First, this is a very interesting way to present this - if one only registers "Volume Care" and not the add-in, (Volume Care Plus, perhaps?), one is left with dead code, right? I'm sure it's not a lot, but it's undesirable and looks bad for such a well-written application.

Anyway, make it very clear that one download gets one everything, but it's processed as two components with two registration codes, the base Volume Care and the add-on for ringers and applications.

Also make it clear that the ringers and applications functionality will "go away" without a second registration code.

That's the idea, anyway.
    First, this is a very interesting way to present this - if one only registers "Volume Care" and not the add-in, (Volume Care Plus, perhaps?), one is left with dead code, right? I'm sure it's not a lot, but it's undesirable and looks bad for such a well-written application.

Anyway, make it very clear that one download gets one everything, but it's processed as two components with two registration codes, the base Volume Care and the add-on for ringers and applications.

Also make it clear that the ringers and applications functionality will "go away" without a second registration code.

That's the idea, anyway.
    Thanks for your thoughts. I will get my web team in action. As for the "dead code", I am not sure i understand. When the trial is over, you will just get a trail expired message when you try to use Boosted RingTones or the Selected Application feature in the Global Options Menu. It will in no way impact your ability to use the program.

Jeff
    how about volumecare standard & volumecare deluxe??
    simplify it...no 2 codes just one

the dead code would be the unused ringtone and application volume control code once expired..
    Quote Originally Posted by madcap
    how about volumecare standard & volumecare deluxe??
    simplify it...no 2 codes just one

the dead code would be the unused ringtone and application volume control code once expired..
    The reason I didn't go with this approach is because I really do not waht to charge for upgrades. I would rather release new features as add-ons so that existing users can just purchase the add-on rather than having to repurchase the entire program. Also, it allows for much easier validation and verification of registration ownership. If I relied on upgrades, customers would have to validate their purchase at the vendor location where the original puchase was made. I just saw this as a process filled with problems.

All in all, the add-on approach is so simple for both the customer, my vendors and GoTreoSoftware. It is a new concept to many but I hope people can now see the benefit to the approach.

Jeff
    Global Posts
    88 Global Posts
    Hi Jeff.
    On the stereo headset feature (V4.06), when I make an outgoing call, the ringing volume is very low unless I push the side volume rocker just once (up or down) and then the ringing volume gets high. I'm talking about the ringing volume that I hear when I am making an outgoing call. Could this be fixed?
    Thanks.