Page 32 of 36 FirstFirst ... 2227282930313233343536 LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Roobuls
    This is NOT a smart program.

The sliders for volume adjustment should have a RED portion at the end like tachometers on cars to warn you when you are in the danger zone.
    I have put warning indicators in the current version of the program. Have you loaded v3.17?

This program can destroy Treo's.
    I disagree and wish you would temper your comments. You can harm your car speakers too if you turn up the volume all the way and leave it there for a long time. I haven't seen red warnings on any radio volume control before.

The adustment method is too insensitive. It should have graduations along the slider, maybe with numbers, and a red-line line section where going beyond it is at your risk.
    Again, I realized this and added waring popups in v3.17.

I think it should also have a reset function so you can reset back to the developers recommendation.
    I will add this in the future but you can do this today. Just delete the savedpreferences entry for VolumeCare.

Jeff, I bought this program but don't won't to blow up my toy.

Please consider.
    I will not and VC will not blowup yours or anyone's Treo. You are the user. You have the ultimate control over the volume settings. VC just allows you to fully utilize the range of volume the Treo is capable of.

Jeff
    Last edited by jeffgibson; 07/25/2005 at 11:24 AM.
    Quote Originally Posted by eKeith
    In the latest build (3.17) there is also a pop-up warning if your volume and boost levels may be "potentially too loud".

This program works generally well and we are fortunate to have real-time interaction with the developer who takes our feedback and is working hard to iron out the bugs and improve its performance...

I bought the program and am not upset at paying Jeff for it. However, I'm pissed that I paid PalmOne at least $9 too much for my 650...
    Thanks!

I think 3.17 is a very solid release and believe the 2nd call problem is now solved.

I created VC to make the Treo better. This is like anything else. The initial product is fine. Does what it says it does. Maybe not as well as most would like but it does work. The nice thing is that this platform is OPEN. Developers have access to the API's so we can extend your initial purchase. Even if P1 increased the volume, they will not give you the complete flexability that I give with VC. In VC you have control over the entire range of volume for the speakers *and* the MIC's. So it is not like you are paying for something P1 should have done. I don't know of any phone on the market today that gives you this functionality to completely adjust the audio and MIC features of the phone dynamically while you are on a call.

Jeff
    Quote Originally Posted by westronic
    It's unlikely that VC is the actual cause here. A blown speaker typically dioes not stop working completely. This very well could be defective hardware failing. I'd have no guilt at all returning that unit for warranty replacement.
    I agree. The Treo also has known problems with the headset jack causing speaker problems. This may be an extension of that problem too.

Jeff
    This is NOT a smart program.

The sliders for volume adjustment should have a RED portion at the end like tachometers on cars to warn you when you are in the danger zone.

This program can destroy Treo's.

The adustment method is too insensitive. It should have graduations along the slider, maybe with numbers, and a red-line line section where going beyond it is at your risk.

I think it should also have a reset function so you can reset back to the developers recommendation.

Jeff, I bought this program but don't won't to blow up my toy.

Please consider.

Wow. It sounds like maybe you shouldn't use this app if you need THAT MUCH hand-holding. So far people (other than you) don't seem to have any issues with "blowing up" their Treos.
    Please FORGIVE ME for my abrupt post. I love my little Treo and panicked when I thought that it could be damaged.

Don't get me wrong, I use VolumeCare and think it's was definitely worth purchasing.
    I now have version 3.17 and am very happy that it gives warning messages.

It would be nice if later versions can re-set back to a default value. But now that I know that I can easily do that by deleting savedpreferences so I'm happy there too.

Thanks Jeff for an excellent program.
    Global Posts
    443 Global Posts
    THANKS JEFF FOR HELPING ME TO KEEP MY TREO!!! VC is by far the best software ever for me..
    Global Posts
    779 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by jeffgibson
    Thanks!
    ...Even if P1 increased the volume, they will not give you the complete flexability that I give with VC. ... I don't know of any phone on the market today that gives you this functionality to completely adjust the audio and MIC features of the phone dynamically while you are on a call.
    Jeff
    Absolutely! I agree! Keep up the good work Jeff!
    Please FORGIVE ME for my abrupt post. I love my little Treo and panicked when I thought that it could be damaged.

Don't get me wrong, I use VolumeCare and think it's was definitely worth purchasing.
    I now have version 3.17 and am very happy that it gives warning messages.

It would be nice if later versions can re-set back to a default value. But now that I know that I can easily do that by deleting savedpreferences so I'm happy there too.

Thanks Jeff for an excellent program.
    Thank you for this post! I am glad that you are finding value in this application.

Jeff
    All,

I posted a new version that has 2 minor improvements:

1) Volume increase has been restored to dialing operations
    2) System sounds are no longer being reduced

Jeff
    Just a quick note to thank you for making my Treo finally serve as a working phone!

I can actually make/take a call somewhere other than in my apartment now.

You rock!
    Unlocked GSM Palm 650.
    Quote Originally Posted by busyba
    Just a quick note to thank you for making my Treo finally serve as a working phone!

I can actually make/take a call somewhere other than in my apartment now.

You rock!
    You are very welcome!

Enjoy your Treo.....

Jeff
    All,

I posted a new version that has 2 minor improvements:

1) Volume increase has been restored to dialing operations
    2) System sounds are no longer being reduced

Jeff
    Jeff,

Where can I get the new version? Your website still lists v3.17 (7/7/2005) unless I'm looking in the wrong spot.
    You are very welcome!

Enjoy your Treo.....

Jeff

Here's my regular random posting about how awesome Jeff is. I haven't even noticed some of the problems others have had, but I just keep installing the newest builds... lol As long as I can hear and be heard, I'm cool. Also I've noticed my ptunes is louder and more audible now.. but then again, I'm the looney that thinks my BT headset is louder. It is, HONEST!

Bek
    I believe someone has a crush...
    Who am I, sir? A Utah man am I A Utah man, sir, and will be till I die!
    Quote Originally Posted by Bekktek
    Here's my regular random posting about how awesome Jeff is. I haven't even noticed some of the problems others have had, but I just keep installing the newest builds... lol As long as I can hear and be heard, I'm cool. Also I've noticed my ptunes is louder and more audible now.. but then again, I'm the looney that thinks my BT headset is louder. It is, HONEST!

Bek
    You are awesome too! But now people are beginning to figure this relationship out.

Jeff
    Quote Originally Posted by GoHogsAR
    Jeff,

Where can I get the new version? Your website still lists v3.17 (7/7/2005) unless I'm looking in the wrong spot.
    I think you are int he wrong spot. I have not moved v3.18 to the Official Release location yet.

You can find it in the Early Access Release area: http://gotreosoftware.com/modules.ph...download&cid=6

Jeff
    Hey everyone, just wanted to provide an update with my situation. I posted about the headset speaker on my Verizon T650 blowing out and stop functioning over the weekend. Well yesterday after a soft and hard reset with the Verizon Customer Service they decided to just ship me a new replacement.

Hopefully this won't happen again, I love my Treo!!
    I think you are int he wrong spot. I have not moved v3.18 to the Official Release location yet.

You can find it in the Early Access Release area: http://gotreosoftware.com/modules.ph...download&cid=6

Jeff
    I am having problems controlling the volume between stereo headset and normal use.

When I am using stereo headset, I want the volume to be about 60% compared to normal use.

I have tried on version 4.01 and 3.21. When the volume on the speaker is OK, it is deafening when I use the stereo headset.

I have set the Treo phone volume to be 4.

On the VC (v4.01),
    Headset vol: minimum; boost: minimum
    Back speaker boost: maximum
    Ringtone boost: 75% of maximum

Please advise.
    Quote Originally Posted by elder_shawn
    I believe someone has a crush...
    I totally dig smart men.

Bek
    You are awesome too! But now people are beginning to figure this relationship out.

Jeff
    I guess I should lay off the worship...

Bek