Page 31 of 36 FirstFirst ... 212627282930313233343536 LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by T-ulk
    Still the second call problem persists. I could barely hear the other party when I got the second call. Also speakerphone volume gets too low, I reinstalled and tried SR but it was too low for me.
    Did you try to use the volume buttons and just press and hold? Or did you hit the side button or toggle speaker modes?

Jeff
    Quote Originally Posted by jeffgibson
    What model phone do you have? I can not reproduce this MIC issue on either 650 that I have. What is the initial setting for your MIC in VC? It should be almost all the way to the top of the range. The default position is at location 29 and the slider goes to location 31.

Jeff
    I have sprint treo 650. left it at max for default...i think this solved it. but what is the purpose of always starting out at almost max?
    Quote Originally Posted by samk
    I have sprint treo 650. left it at max for default...i think this solved it. but what is the purpose of always starting out at almost max?
    Because the default setting for the MIC internally to the Treo is almost at its maximum. I have given you the ability to have full control over the MIC volume. You can take it a little louder and also reduce the volume. This is handy to have control over based on your envioronment. I have also noticed that the additional couple of increased volume steps makes a huge difference in the over all quality of MIC volume to people on the other end of your conversation.

Jeff
    jeff,

thank you
    i know jeff has gone through multiple updates...so, for those of you tired of sliding on/off the back cover; here is a program where you just hit the soft reset on the screen--rather than doing the soft reset from the back. hope this helps...someone.
    Attached Files Attached Files
    Quote Originally Posted by samk
    i know jeff has gone through multiple updates...so, for those of you tired of sliding on/off the back cover; here is a program where you just hit the soft reset on the screen--rather than doing the soft reset from the back. hope this helps...someone.
    To save you all space on your Treo's, I will add a menu Option to do a soft reset into VolumeCare.

Jeff
    Global Posts
    443 Global Posts
    Jeff, yes I tried to hold the volume & kept holding untill there was no more increase.Than I pressed the side button once & twice and tried to toggle the speakerphone on & off but the volume on second call was too low. I didn't have enough time to enter the VC & increse the sliders, but the volume was too low.
    I notice that 3.12 is released .. which claims to fix the incoming call problem ..
    http://www.gotreosoftware.com/module...download&cid=6
    All,

I think I have solved the problem of volume drop when an incoming call happens during an active phone conversation. There is a bug in the phone application on both CDMA and GSM 650's. Specifically, I have a Sprint(1.12) and Unlocked GSM 650(1.13) combination. Each of these phones have bugs in the phone system. To make it even better they each have different bugs! But I am not sure all GSM phones ahve this error. So I have allowed VC to detect GSM phones and make the necessary changes to get around the GSM bug. But I have provided a configuration switch in the Menu->Global Config screen to turn off the "bug" mode in case not all GSM phones have this problem. So if you still have call waiting problems, go into this menu screen and uncheck the "Call Waiting GSM Bug" option.

I have also added a few things to VC:

1) Warning messages if you select extreme default volume levels
    2) Changed the name of some menu items
    3) Added a soft reset option in the Menu->Global Config menu screen

Download VolumeCare Update

Jeff
  10. amf
    Jeff: I downloaded and installed 3.15. Enabled it and did a soft reset. It's not working with my Treo650 w/ fw 1.30. No increase in volume in handset and speakerphone. The mic indicator volume doesn't also show up when option+up/down keys are pressed during a call.

I re-installed 3.12 which is working as advertised. Thanks!

PS: I have also tried checking/unchecking the GSM options with the same result.
    Quote Originally Posted by amf
    Jeff: I downloaded and installed 3.15. Enabled it and did a soft reset. It's not working with my Treo650 w/ fw 1.30. No increase in volume in handset and speakerphone. The mic indicator volume doesn't also show up when option+up/down keys are pressed during a call.

I re-installed 3.12 which is working as advertised. Thanks!

PS: I have also tried checking/unchecking the GSM options with the same result.
    You had an installation problem then. I have heard from others running the same platform and I also tested on unlocked GSM 1.13 and CDMA 1.12 an v3.15 works great. You may want to try re-installing.

Jeff
    I'm still waiting for the update which includes: "Makes BT volume a bit better" and then I'll be an instant customer!

ChickenHawk
    Quote Originally Posted by ChickenHawk
    I'm still waiting for the update which includes: "Makes BT volume a bit better" and then I'll be an instant customer!

ChickenHawk
    I understand. I am very hesitant to release this as people's expectations are so high at this point. I want to find the real solution for BT before I make this feature available.

Jeff
    All,

Improvements:

1) MIC Option+5-way operation now increases/decreases by 1 rather than 2 positions for each key press
    2) Hopefully smoothed out volume transitions during call waiting operations
    3) Fixed the moving logo display problem

Download VolumeCare

Jeff
    Has this happened to anyone else?

I somehow managed to blow the handset speaker. I was utilizing VC version 3.16 on a Verizon T650. The handset start volume was set to max and the boost level set to 70-80%. I was speaking on the phone and it began crackling and the audo would come in and out at varied sound levels. Moments later i wasnt able to hear anything. I first thought it was the service signal, but after doing resets, VC on and off, i realized that I was able to place calls with the speakerphone, however the handset would no longer work.

Would warranty cover this malfunction? I can't believe this has happened
    Sure, just don't mention that you had any software that boosted the volume. Speakers do go bad. Ben
    This is NOT a smart program.

The sliders for volume adjustment should have a RED portion at the end like tachometers on cars to warn you when you are in the danger zone.

This program can destroy Treo's.

The adustment method is too insensitive. It should have graduations along the slider, maybe with numbers, and a red-line line section where going beyond it is at your risk.

I think it should also have a reset function so you can reset back to the developers recommendation.

Jeff, I bought this program but don't won't to blow up my toy.

Please consider.
    Quote Originally Posted by Roobuls
    This is NOT a smart program.

The sliders for volume adjustment should have a RED portion at the end like tachometers on cars to warn you when you are in the danger zone.

This program can destroy Treo's.

The adustment method is too insensitive. It should have graduations along the slider, maybe with numbers, and a red-line line section where going beyond it is at your risk.

I think it should also have a reset function so you can reset back to the developers recommendation.

Jeff, I bought this program but don't won't to blow up my toy.

Please consider.
    Please consider using intelligence when adjusting the sliders.

There's no need for hand-holding, Jeff.
    Global Posts
    779 Global Posts
    In the latest build (3.17) there is also a pop-up warning if your volume and boost levels may be "potentially too loud".

This program works generally well and we are fortunate to have real-time interaction with the developer who takes our feedback and is working hard to iron out the bugs and improve its performance...

I bought the program and am not upset at paying Jeff for it. However, I'm pissed that I paid PalmOne at least $9 too much for my 650...
    Quote Originally Posted by Gillty
    ...I somehow managed to blow the handset speaker...Would warranty cover this malfunction? I can't believe this has happened
    It's unlikely that VC is the actual cause here. A blown speaker typically dioes not stop working completely. This very well could be defective hardware failing. I'd have no guilt at all returning that unit for warranty replacement.