Page 3 of 36 FirstFirst 1234567813 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by jjprusk
    I'd also like to try the new version of VolumeCare, but I tried an older copy (which expired) and it will not let me try this new version. Is there a trial registration code or some other way for a trial period on the new version?
    Unfortunately I did not create a way to extend a trial license. What I can do for you is this: If you purchase the software and don't like it, tell me and we will work something out. Either a $ for $ trade for another title or a refund. I don't want to make a general practice of this but it is far less expensive for me to offer this to you than it is for me to program in an "extend the trial" feature.

Does that work for you?

Jeff
    Jeff,
    I also noticed that if you have the speakerphone function enabled in volume care for some reason it changes the system volume to a higher level. I can hear the clicks that the treo makes when you use the 5 way nav really loud. I only have the speakerphone and headset functions enabled but it seems to effect the system volume and to fix it i have to soft reset.
    "Someone call the Whambulance"
    Photo Blog
    My Space
    Quote Originally Posted by KAOSWLF
    Does volumcare have to run on the treo or can you run it off your SD??
    Must be on the Treo. All programs that utilize the operating system's alert notification feature (this is what allows programs to run int he 'background') are required to be in RAM. This is the only way the operating system knows how to talk to these kind of programs.

Jeff
    Quote Originally Posted by josephaoliva
    Jeff,
    I also noticed that if you have the speakerphone function enabled in volume care for some reason it changes the system volume to a higher level. I can hear the clicks that the treo makes when you use the 5 way nav really loud. I only have the speakerphone and headset functions enabled but it seems to effect the system volume and to fix it i have to soft reset.
    I will look into this. I threw so many internal switches in this "test" version that now that I have confirmation the solution works, I will go back and fine tune the solution.

I never saw this because I am running ProfileCare and have it configured to stop all system sounds but still allow Alarm sounds. For those that don't realize it, the standard 650 lumps together the system sounds and the Alarm sounds into one System sound preference. ProfileCare fixes this problem and allows you separately configure them. ProfileCare also has 100% of VolumeCare built-in to the ProfileCare. So for another $7.50 you get VolumeCare plus the best Profile application on the market.

Jeff

Jeff
    Chicago rocks!! lol.

Go Cubs.

P.S Thank you Jeff for the great work
    Quote Originally Posted by horatiub
    Chicago rocks!! lol.

Go Cubs.

P.S Thank you Jeff for the great work
    You are welcome!

Enjoy the new found volume!

Jeff
    I would be happy to try any updates for profilecare or volumecare if you'd like.
    "Someone call the Whambulance"
    Photo Blog
    My Space
    Quote Originally Posted by josephaoliva
    I would be happy to try any updates for profilecare or volumecare if you'd like.
    That's great. I will be posting information on how to join the test/beta team very soon in my forum are here at TC. Give me a couple of days.

Jeff
    Does VolumeCare increase the volume of BT headsets????

Specifically...what I hear in my ear with a wireless headset????

DocNusum
    Trying the new version on an Orange GSM 650 running 1.21.

I'm gettting some strange results :

Most of the time it does not make any difference.

But every now and then, when I turn the treo on it goes into turbo mode. The back speaker is really loud for normal key presses and if I make a call the normal Handset speaker very loud. ie 100% louder.

It all a bit random and unpredictable

I know this beta is for 1.28, so I wonder if this is why if getting these results ?
    Thought of the day :
    No sense being pessimistic, it probably wouldn't work anyway
    Global Posts
    916 Global Posts
    Well I tried VolumeCare (again) and didn't notice any real difference.

It's amazing to me that there can be such differences between different units. It really frustrates me that I cannot get this issue resolved for the phone but for Real Player I have to turn the volume down as it is way to loud. To me this means that the unit is capable of sufficient volume but for whatever reason not in the phone application.
    GSM Treo 600 > Unlocked GSM Treo 650 on T-Mobile - Attempting to use a BB Curve

Technology is neither good nor evil, good people will find good uses for it and evil people will find evil uses for it. Phil P.
  12.    #52  
    I'm glad to see this thread developed legs.

Looking forward to this being straightened out, the ear piece volume is the only negative on my Sprint 650
    Quote Originally Posted by jeffgibson
    I have made some changes to VolumeCare to try and make the HeadSet speaker louder. Can you tell me if these changes help? On my Sprint 650 (ROM 1.12) it makes my headset too loud now! What a problem to have right? Not to mention the MIC volume. People now say they can't believe I am not using a landline.

Jeff
    WOW! I just tried VolumeCare 2.3 that you posted in this thread and it definately makes a difference on my Treo650, using the new unlocked GSM f/w 1.28. If it continues to hold up without resets, I will definately be buying it. How long is the trial?

I haven't played with HeadSet, Stereo Headphones or MIC Volume yet. Aren't Speaker Phone and Back Speaker the same thing? "Handset" also might be defined as "Front Earpice Speaker" or something like that. Handset is what I use most and noticed the BIG difference.

Thanks for working on and fixing an annoying problem that I ONCE HAD with the T650.
    You are welcome!

Enjoy the new found volume!

Jeff
    Jeff,
    You mentioned that you fixed/changed some settings since the last update (1.13). Your website for the download states that the latest version is 5/23/05. Is there another place to get the latest update for Volumecare ?

Also, how long is the trial period ? I'd like to insure that my volume issues are solved before paying.

Thanks for all you do
    Is the latest of VolumeCare bundled into ProfileCare?
    Quote Originally Posted by Wireless_Guru
    Aren't Speaker Phone and Back Speaker the same thing?
    According to the info button within VC, the Speaker Phone is the one used for phone voice sounds from the back, while Back Speaker is for all non phone sounds from the back ie key clicks, mp3's etc.
    Thought of the day :
    No sense being pessimistic, it probably wouldn't work anyway
    I will look into this. I threw so many internal switches in this "test" version that now that I have confirmation the solution works, I will go back and fine tune the solution.

I never saw this because I am running ProfileCare and have it configured to stop all system sounds but still allow Alarm sounds. For those that don't realize it, the standard 650 lumps together the system sounds and the Alarm sounds into one System sound preference. ProfileCare fixes this problem and allows you separately configure them. ProfileCare also has 100% of VolumeCare built-in to the ProfileCare. So for another $7.50 you get VolumeCare plus the best Profile application on the market.

Jeff

Jeff
    Jeff, I was going to PM you, but wanted to sing praises to you publicly also... After the update my handset volume went way down (or so it seemed) - VolumeCare took care of that, wow... I also realized that my alert sounds got really loud when I turned up the back speaker like someone else mentioned..ProfileCare will take care of this? I am sure my trial is about to run out for VolumeCare, and it sounds like I need PC, so are they available together yet? Put me on the list for those that want it (or to help try it) !

Thanks..
    Bek
    Global Posts
    1,936 Global Posts
    WOW! Hadn't tried Volumecare cuz I had read it didn't fix the volume just kept it at max but I'M glad I decided to read this thread. V2.3 prc posted here just made my Treo work the way it should. Just downladed straight to my treo (it downloaded as a .php file so I renamed it to .prc and mailed it to myself with Snapper) and installed it. I can now choose to use my Treo w/o a bt headset whenever I want to. I had been confined to only using a headset cuz my volume was ridiculously low. Thanks.
    Palm VII-Palm Vx-Palm M125-Clie T615-Sony NZ90-Sony NX80-Toshiba E800-Sony NZ90 (again)-Treo 600-HP 6315-Treo 650-Moto MPX220-SX66-Treo 650 (again)-QTek 9100-HP6515-Cingular 8125-Moto Q (10 days)-Cingular 8125 (again)-Nokia 9300-Cingular 2125 & Nokia E62-ETen M600+-Cingular 3125-Treo 750 & Samsung Blackjack-Cingular 8525-iPhone-Moto Q9-at&t Tilt-iPhone3G-Nokia E71-HTC Diamond-Blackberry Bold-at&t Fuze-SE Xperia X1a-Treo Pro.

Be very, very quiet. I'm gonna catch me a rhinoceros.
    Wow i was surfin this page and stumbled this new volume software....SIMPLY Amazing i downloaded the Version 2.3 and dang it really made a difference. My Phone Volume on my Treo 650 sounds louder i have to put the volume at least # 4, The speaker phone is loud i am afraid the the speaker on my treo would bust out lol. Anyways kudos to you Jeff before i wasnt really paying attention to this product and now you made me a believer
    Quote Originally Posted by ChasT
    According to the info button within VC, the Speaker Phone is the one used for phone voice sounds from the back, while Back Speaker is for all non phone sounds from the back ie key clicks, mp3's etc.
    Ahh, I just noticed the "i" icon in the upper right. That clears it up, thanks.

Personally I have not enabled the Back Speaker since mp3's and system sounds through the back speaker were loud enough anyways IMO.

As others have reported, I too have noticed that if you adjust the volume using the side buttons during a call you can't get the VOLUME back until the call is ended. Minor inconvenience.
Page 3 of 36 FirstFirst 1234567813 ... LastLast