Page 29 of 36 FirstFirst ... 192425262728293031323334 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by samk
    jeff,

what does the 2.18 speaker mode do?
    This enables the older code line that was present in version 2.18. Some were saying that the audio quality was different in these 2 releases.

i have the latest version of 3.06. by the way, when you say fixed incoming call problem(is the problem of )--when you answer a call waiting line, your voice from your handset becomes dim to the original party and now the 2nd party was well?
    I don't understand. The problem was that incoming calls were not being controlled *at all* by VC. Now they are. I am not sure what you mean by "dim" voice and the other behavior. Please explain.

Jeff
    Quote Originally Posted by kronium
    Jeff, is there a change log anywhere?
    No. I have been running so fast with the devlopement in VC that I have not kept an official one.

What were you wanting to know?

Jeff
    jeff,
    Q1) 2.18 improves the speaker...how? the volume, quality (sorry for the earlier confusing question)
    Q2) How does VC "control" incoming calls now?

by the way, do you have a system where we can be notified if there is an update of your programs?

thank you advance
    Last edited by samk; 07/16/2005 at 07:09 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by jeffgibson
    This enables the older code line that was present in version 2.18. Some were saying that the audio quality was different in these 2 releases.

I don't understand. The problem was that incoming calls were not being controlled *at all* by VC. Now they are. I am not sure what you mean by "dim" voice and the other behavior. Please explain.

Jeff
    2.18 mode doesn't work 100% though. The real version 2.18 sounds even clearer and less scratchy than the 3.06/2.18 mode and much, much better than 3.06
    Quote Originally Posted by 2000 Man
    2.18 mode doesn't work 100% though. The real version 2.18 sounds even clearer and less scratchy than the 3.06/2.18 mode and much, much better than 3.06
    Try this build and tell me what you think. I has a 100% port of code from 2.18.

Jeff
    Attached Files Attached Files
    Is 3.06a a later build than 3.06?
    Try this build and tell me what you think. I has a 100% port of code from 2.18.

Jeff
    Sounds great in 2.18 mode, except there's a major volume bug. Even after a soft reset, the volume starts out way too high (painful) and drops really far when you push the volume down button once. You can then crank it back up to the level that it was supposed to start at.

You can actually hear the point during the ringing that the volume jacks itself up. It's at the exact same time that the scratchy sound would be introduced in the 3.0+ versions. It seems like what's happening is that VC doesn't recognize the 2.18 mode until after you hit a volume button, then it kicks in. It's basically starting the call in full volume, 3.06 mode and then dropping to 2.18 mode and low volume after you hit the volume rocker once.
    Sounds great in 2.18 mode, except there's a major volume bug. Even after a soft reset, the volume starts out way too high (painful) and drops really far when you push the volume down button once. You can then crank it back up to the level that it was supposed to start at.

You can actually hear the point during the ringing that the volume jacks itself up. It's at the exact same time that the scratchy sound would be introduced in the 3.0+ versions. It seems like what's happening is that VC doesn't recognize the 2.18 mode until after you hit a volume button, then it kicks in. It's basically starting the call in full volume, 3.06 mode and then dropping to 2.18 mode and low volume after you hit the volume rocker once.
    I guess I should have told you that the volume sliders do nothing in this release. Only the boost slider works. It controls both volume and boost just like the single slider did in 2.18. I will clean this up and repost.

Jeff
    Is there a place to download 2.18 anymore? I went to the www.gotreosoftware.com website & I couldn't find it anymore (even under the archive area).

Try this.

Jeff
    Attached Files Attached Files
    Try this.

Jeff
    So far, so good. I'll test it out for a bit and report back.

The speakerphone setting doesn't seem to work because pressing the volume rocker causes the volume to drop to the lowest setting instantly, but I don't normally use the speakerphone through VC anyway.
    So far, so good. I'll test it out for a bit and report back.

The speakerphone setting doesn't seem to work because pressing the volume rocker causes the volume to drop to the lowest setting instantly, but I don't normally use the speakerphone through VC anyway.
    I see what you mean my the volume drop. This is because I am not handlign the initial state correctly. If you continue to hold the volume UP the speakerphone will resume its volume. I will fix this if this version helps those who say 3.0x has bad volume quality but this new 3.0xb release fixes that if you enable 2.18 mode. Net-net, looking for confirmation on this before I put more development time into it.

Jeff
    I understand. I'll keep testing mine and hopefully some other people will start posting some results. I wonder if it's a CDMA vs GSM thing with the 3.0+ and the 2.18?
    Global Posts
    223 Global Posts
    No. I have been running so fast with the devlopement in VC that I have not kept an official one.

What were you wanting to know?

Jeff
    Just basically if I should update or not without having to wade through the thread. Any way we might see ringer through headphones fix. I know, a little unrelated, but thought I'd just throw it out there. Keep up the good work!
    Jeff,

I have just purchased VC on your site. I have two questions at this stage :

- does the 9$ license allow me to benefit from all subsequent upgrades ? I understood from a previous post on this forum that I would have to specifically subscribe to upgrades, but throughout the payment process, there was nowhere I could do it.

- I which section of your site will I find the latest version ?

Thanks.
    Jeff,

I just purchase ProfileCare and put in my sync name. The purchase went through but when I synced my treo I didnt' get the software. Is there something in my email I get to allow me to sync your program.

Also, I'm trying your volume control software. Do I need both or will profilecare do both things.

Thanks

Bioguy
    I understand. I'll keep testing mine and hopefully some other people will start posting some results. I wonder if it's a CDMA vs GSM thing with the 3.0+ and the 2.18?
    I have tried it on both devices. I have an unlocked GSM and a Sprint CDMA 650 and I can not hear *any* difference in volume or sound quality between 2.18 and 3.06 on either phone.

Jeff
    Quote Originally Posted by kronium
    Just basically if I should update or not without having to wade through the thread. Any way we might see ringer through headphones fix. I know, a little unrelated, but thought I'd just throw it out there. Keep up the good work!
    I personally think 3.06 is the best release of VC. As for the ringer request. This would be a feature request rather than a "fix". VC does not advertise the ability to redirect ringtones ot the headset at this time.

Jeff
    Quote Originally Posted by frog
    Jeff,

I have just purchased VC on your site. I have two questions at this stage :

- does the 9$ license allow me to benefit from all subsequent upgrades ? I understood from a previous post on this forum that I would have to specifically subscribe to upgrades, but throughout the payment process, there was nowhere I could do it.
    Do not have to register for upgrades and all upgrades are free until I add significant features that warrent an upgrade fee.

- I which section of your site will I find the latest version ?

Thanks.
    http://gotreosoftware.com/modules.php?name=Downloads

Jeff
    Quote Originally Posted by bioguy
    Jeff,

I just purchase ProfileCare and put in my sync name. The purchase went through but when I synced my treo I didnt' get the software. Is there something in my email I get to allow me to sync your program.

Also, I'm trying your volume control software. Do I need both or will profilecare do both things.

Thanks

Bioguy
    You can get all the software from here:

http://gotreosoftware.com/modules.php?name=Downloads

Jeff