Page 28 of 36 FirstFirst ... 182324252627282930313233 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by v3treonut
    Jeff, since you've revived this thread I'll post another observation. From my reading of posts in this thread, the other on TC, and your support forum it seems that some people are having problems with various things and others are not. For example, except for the stereo headset issue I've not experienced any of the problems with VC posted by others. So far, it's very consistent on my phone. It's beginning to look as if there is a wide disparity among users relative to problems.

Is it possible there is some app conflict going on or a difference in brands/types of phone?
    Well I think all of the older problems have largely been adressed in the v3.0x releases. I am sure there are going to continue to be posts about the older issues until everyone gets current on v3.0x. The only remaining problem that I am now hearing is in reguard to the "stereo" headsets. Two behanviors are being reported here:

1) the Seidio stereo headset (model unknown) is starting a phone call with only the right channel but after hitting the "menu" button has both channels opened. Not sure how this happens since the Treo does not officially support 2 channel audio during a phone call. Officially the left channel is for the MIC input and the right channel is for audio.

2) When using pTunes or other MP3 system, some people are reporting only 1 channel of audio. I posted v3.02 to see if this release will solve this issue. (I would recommend for right now to experiment with the Stereo Headset volume option. Then send me your results. I have not put in much if any serious testing time to this and the back speaker option. Will do so in the next week.)

Jeff
    Quote Originally Posted by Bekktek
    Field results are that JEFF IS AWESOME so is VolumeCare. I've already beamed to to like 20 people....lol If I see em on the street, I ask if they want better volume and beam it over.

Bek
    WOW! Thanks Bek! (But I don't still don't feel bad about the ribbing I gave you about the Pink screen. ) BTW: Does the launcher Icon look at different with 3.01? I did make a quick change. Don't know if it helped though.

Jeff

Quote Originally Posted by westronic
    Jeff:

If a mute/unmute fixes the headset issue, I wonder if a coded quick mute/unmute would do the same? I don't have a headset, it's just a thought.
    I would really like to stay away from this kind of hack. (but I won't rule it out either.....)

Jeff
    Quote Originally Posted by jeffgibson
    I would really like to stay away from this kind of hack. (but I won't rule it out either.....)

Jeff
    I hear you. Just a thought... this particular hack would not really affect anyone else as it would be totally unnoticeable, but still..., it definitely would be a workaround for some other underlying problem. I've used a few hacks like these before, when nothing else seemed to work. I never liked doing it, though. It always seemed to be, well..., like a cheap trick, at best.
    Any word on the speakerphone clarity problem?
    Quote Originally Posted by 2000 Man
    Any word on the speakerphone clarity problem?
    I have not heard any more about the clarity problem. In fact I am not sure this is a problem with VC as much as it is a problem with some Treo's back speakers. If you slide the Boost slider all the way to the left, you are running with the "stock/default" volume configuration that is pre-programmed into your Treo. What does the speaker sound like when it is configured in this way?

Jeff
    I'm using version 3.01, and with my Seido 2 in 1 stereo headset, I cannot seem to get stereo sound in both earbuds while on a phone call no matter what I do. I'm pretty sure I used to be able to get sound from both earbuds if I pressed the side set button, but now, that doesn't seem to work anymore. If I press the rocker volume switch up or down, I do momentarily get sound in both earbuds for a split moment only, and then it goes back to mono sound in my right earbud only...very strange. I will try version 3.02 to see if this might improve things. Overall, I don't really care too much about this issue, since I rarely ever use these Seido earphones for making phone calls. But I thought I'd check it out again since others are interested in this.

EDIT: By the way, using Pocket Tunes with my Siedo headphones work just fine. I get stereo sound in both earbuds with no problems.

DOUBLE EDIT: Okay, I just read Jeff's earlier post about pressing the Menu (Home) button while on a phone call, and yes, this actually works in getting stereo sound in both earbuds. As soon as I hit the Menu button, I then also get sound in my left earbud while on a phone call which makes it stereo sound. Weird, I don't recall ever hitting the Menu button before to get stereo sound, but in any case, this does work.
    Last edited by Casey Cheung; 07/13/2005 at 12:28 AM.
    Quote Originally Posted by Casey Cheung
    I'm using version 3.01, and with my Seido 2 in 1 stereo headset, I cannot seem to get stereo sound in both earbuds while on a phone call no matter what I do. I'm pretty sure I used to be able to get sound from both earbuds if I pressed the side set button, but now, that doesn't seem to work anymore. If I press the rocker volume switch up or down, I do momentarily get sound in both earbuds for a split moment only, and then it goes back to mono sound in my right earbud only...very strange. I will try version 3.02 to see if this might improve things. Overall, I don't really care too much about this issue, since I rarely ever use these Seido earphones for making phone calls. But I thought I'd check it out again since others are interested in this.

EDIT: By the way, using Pocket Tunes with my Siedo headphones work just fine. I get stereo sound in both earbuds with no problems.

DOUBLE EDIT: Okay, I just read Jeff's earlier post about pressing the Menu (Home) button while on a phone call, and yes, this actually works in getting stereo sound in both earbuds. As soon as I hit the Menu button, I then also get sound in my left earbud while on a phone call which makes it stereo sound. Weird, I don't recall ever hitting the Menu button before to get stereo sound, but in any case, this does work.
    This is good news! Thanks for posting.

So 3.02 fixes the stereo headset problem when being used by an MP3 player.

The "menu" key gives you stereo when you are on a call. Don't even ask me why this works this way!! Per the API, you should no longer have a MIC when this happens.

Jeff
    I have not heard any more about the clarity problem. In fact I am not sure this is a problem with VC as much as it is a problem with some Treo's back speakers. If you slide the Boost slider all the way to the left, you are running with the "stock/default" volume configuration that is pre-programmed into your Treo. What does the speaker sound like when it is configured in this way?

Jeff
    I responded in the other thread as well. If I move the slider all the way to the left, the speakerphone sounds just as bad, just not as loud at max volume. Unchecking speakerphone in VC brings back the stock clarity.
    This is good news! Thanks for posting.

So 3.02 fixes the stereo headset problem when being used by an MP3 player.

The "menu" key gives you stereo when you are on a call. Don't even ask me why this works this way!! Per the API, you should no longer have a MIC when this happens.

Jeff
    Like Casey, my Seidio 2 n 1 headset works in both ears if I press the menu key. I can press other keys and I will momentarily have sound in both, but only the menu key makes it permanent for the call. I've always thought this weird.

Also, just so you are clear I've never had a problem with the Seidio when playing mp3 songs.

I believe what I'm saying is that 3.02 has not made any difference with me. It works just the same and as well as 3.01.
    Also with the Seidio 2 n 1 stereo headset:
    This headset has a volume control built into it. I have VC set as follows for headset, stereo headset, and mic vloumes.
    Headset - 5 Boost - 5
    Mic Vol - 5 Boost - Max
    Stereo Boost - 3

With the settings above I have to make sure I have the headset volume control turned to low when I plug it in with buds in my ears; otherwise, the initial pop sound from plugging in is very loud.

After I plug it in I adjust the volume control on the headset for both listening and speaking once the call connects (and of course pressing the menu key!) and it works great.

If I set the VC levels higher than what I have above, the headset hearing volume is often too loud even with the headset volume control turned to low and the person I call will often complain that I'm speaking too loud especially if I increase the volume control on the headset very much above its low setting.

This Seidio headset will actually work quite well without the stereo or mic volumes activated at all.

Can't explain reasons for any of this, but thought I would post the info.
    Global Posts
    916 Global Posts
    Exactly right!

Jeff
    Benn there, done that, got the T-Shirt to prove it...
    GSM Treo 600 > Unlocked GSM Treo 650 on T-Mobile - Attempting to use a BB Curve

Technology is neither good nor evil, good people will find good uses for it and evil people will find evil uses for it. Phil P.
    I just downloaded and tested version 3.02. Actually, I don't notice any difference between 3.02 and 3.01.

PocketTune music still works fine with stereo sound using my Seido headphones. But I never had a problem with this from the beginning. PocketTunes always worked fine with my Seido headphones regardless of VolumeCare.

As for making phone calls with Version 3.02, I still have to press the Menu (home) button to get stereo sound. If I don't press the Menu button, I only get sound from the right earbud only with the Seido headphones.

By the way, the Seido headphone model can be found here:
    http://store.treocentral.com/content...73-74--157.htm
    Global Posts
    223 Global Posts
    Hey Jeff, great product! Since we're talking about Ptunes, anyway you can get the ringer to play through headphones? There's a program out there, but they charge over ten bucks pretty much just for that feature. I know you have a lot on your plate, just a suggestion. I'll be registering your product today. Thanks!

BTW, you just install new version right over old one, right? I know it's burried somewhere in this thread!
    Quote Originally Posted by kronium
    you just install new version right over old one, right?
    You need to disable the old version first before installing the new one.
    Quote Originally Posted by lgreenberg
    You need to disable the old version first before installing the new one.
    Well, more accurately , Jeff recommends you disable the old one, but it still works fine if you don't. In any case, you most certainly do not need to remove the old version before installing the new one.
    Quote Originally Posted by westronic
    Well, more accurately , Jeff recommends you disable the old one, but it still works fine if you don't. In any case, you most certainly do not need to remove the old version before installing the new one.
    If the developer of the app recommends disabling the old version before installing the new one I'd say it's very acurate to say it needs to be done.
    Quote Originally Posted by lgreenberg
    If the developer of the app recommends disabling the old version before installing the new one I'd say it's very acurate to say it needs to be done.
    Yes disabling is the best thing to do. You do run the risk of having a soft reset the first time you use the phone if you install over the top of an enabled version of VC. This was the reason I was enforcing a reset after every installation but I was asked by many people to remove the manditory reset.

Jeff
    jeff,

what does the 2.18 speaker mode do? i have the latest version of 3.06. by the way, when you say fixed incoming call problem(is the problem of )--when you answer a call waiting line, your voice from your handset becomes dim to the original party and now the 2nd party was well?
    Global Posts
    223 Global Posts
    Jeff, is there a change log anywhere?