Page 26 of 36 FirstFirst ... 162122232425262728293031 ... LastLast
Results 501 to 520 of 701
  1. #501  
    Quote Originally Posted by v3treonut
    No need for dynamic action for me that I can see. Not something I would likely look to try and adjy=ust while on a call anyway I don't think. On and Off is okay, just wanted to know if that's correct. I kind of thought it was.

    Thanks again for your great work.
    Cool. I was thinking that the dynamic Option+5wayUP/DOWN was the solution for dynamic MIC volume control. This way you can do it without opening the VC application while you are on a call.

    Jeff
  2. BD1
    BD1 is offline
    BD1's Avatar
    Posts
    228 Posts
    Global Posts
    231 Global Posts
    #502  
    So are you not going to try to make it work for 2-1 headsets? I have the Treo/Palmone hybrid headset and I can only hear thru one side of the headset. Without VS I can hear thru both. I know some people said don't bother but it would be great if you could get it too work with 2-in-1 headsets. Mine is not the seido, it is the palmone designed for the treo. Thanks for your consideration.
  3. #503  
    Quote Originally Posted by jeffgibson
    Cool. I was thinking that the dynamic Option+5wayUP/DOWN was the solution for dynamic MIC volume control. This way you can do it without opening the VC application while you are on a call.

    Jeff
    Hopefully, I'm understanding you. Are you saying that you can maybe have dynamic control of the mic volume and then allow this to be increased/decreased via the 5 way up/down while on a call? If so, I think that could be good for some who have had a problem with people hearing my voice on the other end. But I've never really had a problem with that unless it's a signal wavering issue and that's usually an issue of my voice cutting in and out to the other person. Since you introduced the mic volume setting, I've kept mine at Level 5 and never had any complaints.
  4. #504  
    Quote Originally Posted by jeffgibson
    The starting volume should follow the volume/boost setup you have specified in VC. I would recommend *not* using the "forced" option. This should really never be needed but I left it in here for another releae just to see if it helps some people.

    The initial volume for my calls appear to be consistent in actual volume to the settings that I have specified in VC. I have verified this on CDMA and unlocked GSM 650's.

    Give a soft reset a try and see if that improves the behavior. I removed the need for a soft reset because many had asked for it to be removed but it is always a good idea.

    Jeff
    I did as you suggested and disabled the forced option and performed a soft reset. My "initial" speakerphone volume is now okay as long as I set it at Level 6 or 7. 5 or lower is somewhat unacceptable on my Treo.

    Thanks for the help.
  5. #505  
    Quote Originally Posted by BD1
    So are you not going to try to make it work for 2-1 headsets? I have the Treo/Palmone hybrid headset and I can only hear thru one side of the headset. Without VS I can hear thru both. I know some people said don't bother but it would be great if you could get it too work with 2-in-1 headsets. Mine is not the seido, it is the palmone designed for the treo. Thanks for your consideration.
    If you are willing to work with me 1-on-1 I will try to make it work. But I would like a direct link through AOL IM or MSN IM. If this works for you, let me know when you have some free time and I will send you build after build to see if I can make it work.

    Jeff
  6. #506  
    Quote Originally Posted by v3treonut
    Hopefully, I'm understanding you. Are you saying that you can maybe have dynamic control of the mic volume and then allow this to be increased/decreased via the 5 way up/down while on a call? If so, I think that could be good for some who have had a problem with people hearing my voice on the other end. But I've never really had a problem with that unless it's a signal wavering issue and that's usually an issue of my voice cutting in and out to the other person. Since you introduced the mic volume setting, I've kept mine at Level 5 and never had any complaints.
    They dynamic Option+5-wayUP/DOWN is already in the product today! Because this is in the product is why I didn't go to the work of doing it for the slider control.

    So during a call you can right now, use the Option+5-way UP/DOWN sequence to increase/decrease the MIC volume for the Treo's MIC and the Headset MIC.

    Have fun......

    Jeff
  7. #507  
    Quote Originally Posted by v3treonut
    I did as you suggested and disabled the forced option and performed a soft reset. My "initial" speakerphone volume is now okay as long as I set it at Level 6 or 7. 5 or lower is somewhat unacceptable on my Treo.

    Thanks for the help.
    Cool! Thanks for the followup. Remember, the volume is variable now depending on where you have the Boost set. So level 7 and 80% boost might be equal to level 1 and 100% boost.

    Remember I have now given you complete control over the entire range of volume for each speaker in the Treo.

    Jeff
  8. #508  
    Quote Originally Posted by BD1
    So are you not going to try to make it work for 2-1 headsets? I have the Treo/Palmone hybrid headset and I can only hear thru one side of the headset. Without VS I can hear thru both. I know some people said don't bother but it would be great if you could get it too work with 2-in-1 headsets. Mine is not the seido, it is the palmone designed for the treo. Thanks for your consideration.
    BD1, I'm asking because I was looking at the Palm 2 n 1 headset today as a possible replacement for my Seidio set. Are you saying that with VC loaded or activated, you can only hear from one ear even if you press the menu key, mute/unmute, etc.? With my Seidio I can only "initially" hear from one ear with or without VC installed. But in either case, I can press the menu key and immediately hear from both sides.
  9. #509  
    Quote Originally Posted by jeffgibson
    They dynamic Option+5-wayUP/DOWN is already in the product today! Because this is in the product is why I didn't go to the work of doing it for the slider control.

    So during a call you can right now, use the Option+5-way UP/DOWN sequence to increase/decrease the MIC volume for the Treo's MIC and the Headset MIC.

    Have fun......

    Jeff
    So that's what the Option+5-way Up/Down is!! I think I and a few others from reading previous posts were confused about that. Thanks for the clarification. I just tried it on a call to my wife and she yelled at me because I was suddenly talking too loud!! So I can attest that it works
  10. #510  
    Quote Originally Posted by v3treonut
    BD1, I'm asking because I was looking at the Palm 2 n 1 headset today as a possible replacement for my Seidio set. Are you saying that with VC loaded or activated, you can only hear from one ear even if you press the menu key, mute/unmute, etc.? With my Seidio I can only "initially" hear from one ear with or without VC installed. But in either case, I can press the menu key and immediately hear from both sides.
    Again, all I can tell you is that the internals of the Treo do not allow for both channels of the audio to be used during a call. One of them is used for the MIC and the other is used for audio. Maybe there is a feature in the phone application that cancels out the MIC channel in favor of the audio channel. Don't know about that. Anyone dug into the manual to find out? I will but don't have time right now.

    Jeff
  11. #511  
    Just bought it...thanks for the great work!
  12. #512  
    Quote Originally Posted by v3treonut
    So that's what the Option+5-way Up/Down is!! I think I and a few others from reading previous posts were confused about that. Thanks for the clarification. I just tried it on a call to my wife and she yelled at me because I was suddenly talking too loud!! So I can attest that it works
    Yep that is what it is used for! I figured that this is one volume level that you might need to change depending on your environment. Have not experiented much with it yet. I am thinking that when you have loud background, a lower MIC setting may give you better performance. May minimize wind noise too? Would like to hear some field results.

    Jeff
  13. #513  
    Quote Originally Posted by jeffgibson
    Yep that is what it is used for! I figured that this is one volume level that you might need to change depending on your environment. Have not experiented much with it yet. I am thinking that when you have loud background, a lower MIC setting may give you better performance. May minimize wind noise too? Would like to hear some field results.

    Jeff
    Field results are that JEFF IS AWESOME so is VolumeCare. I've already beamed to to like 20 people....lol If I see em on the street, I ask if they want better volume and beam it over.

    Bek
  14. #514  
    Quote Originally Posted by jeffgibson
    Cool! Thanks for the followup. Remember, the volume is variable now depending on where you have the Boost set. So level 7 and 80% boost might be equal to level 1 and 100% boost.

    Remember I have now given you complete control over the entire range of volume for each speaker in the Treo.

    Jeff
    I just upgraded from 2.09 to 3.0 - I was waiting for the majority of the bugs to be worked out...

    Even after your statement about the level and the boost level comparisons, the effect of the 2 different sliders on each speaker is still rather confusing.

    After playing with it for a while, I would suggest people do what I did... open VC during a call and adjust the sliders to their liking and you can hear the changes "live".

    A question about the MIC level because it's hard for me to hear and changes when I call myself... To adjust during a call do I press "Option" THEN the 5-way UP to increase mic volume, or do I PRESS AND HOLD "Option" then the 5-way UP? And just to confirm, the "Option" button you are refering to is just to the left of the "Z" on the keypad"?

    Thanks.
  15. #515  
    Jeff,

    I am about to download the latest 3.01 version. I noticed that 3.01 is only 18 bytes in size, and 3.00 is 32.23 bytes. Any reason why version 3.01 is only half the size, or is this a typo?
  16. #516  
    Typo
    Thought of the day :
    No sense being pessimistic, it probably wouldn't work anyway
  17. #517  
    Quote Originally Posted by TxDot
    Wanna trade? I still can't get much volume out of my unlocked 650. Not blaming VC for that. I think most of the unlocked units have this problem in spite of everything VC does.
    Hmmm. Mine is unlocked and VC makes it much louder. My wife also has an unlocked 650, and VC works on hers, too.

    I'd see if you can exchange yours.
    Atlas Just Shrugged!
  18. #518  
    Quote Originally Posted by Casey Cheung
    Jeff,

    I am about to download the latest 3.01 version. I noticed that 3.01 is only 18 bytes in size, and 3.00 is 32.23 bytes. Any reason why version 3.01 is only half the size, or is this a typo?
    What's strange is v. 2.2 is around the same size as 3.01 and it's the version 3.0 that's twice the size of the other ones.
  19. TxDot's Avatar
    Posts
    892 Posts
    Global Posts
    916 Global Posts
    #519  
    Quote Originally Posted by convbcuda
    Hmmm. Mine is unlocked and VC makes it much louder. My wife also has an unlocked 650, and VC works on hers, too.

    I'd see if you can exchange yours.
    I've exchanged it once already. At $27 a pop for the early exchange I'm not crazy about continuing to exchange until I get one that works. If the speakerphone was really important to me I would probably continue to exchange them.
    GSM Treo 600 > Unlocked GSM Treo 650 on T-Mobile - Attempting to use a BB Curve

    Technology is neither good nor evil, good people will find good uses for it and evil people will find evil uses for it. Phil P.
  20. TxDot's Avatar
    Posts
    892 Posts
    Global Posts
    916 Global Posts
    #520  
    Quote Originally Posted by TreoBeard
    What's strange is v. 2.2 is around the same size as 3.01 and it's the version 3.0 that's twice the size of the other ones.
    Forgot to turn off DEBUG on the 3.00 build?
    GSM Treo 600 > Unlocked GSM Treo 650 on T-Mobile - Attempting to use a BB Curve

    Technology is neither good nor evil, good people will find good uses for it and evil people will find evil uses for it. Phil P.

Posting Permissions