Page 25 of 36 FirstFirst ... 15202122232425262728293035 ... LastLast
    I have the (2 in 1) Seido stereo headphones with the retractable cord...same problem.

I actually haven't used my Seido headphones for making phone calls for awhile. If I recall correctly, initially, I can only hear the other person with one side of the earphone (either left or right, I forget).

But if I press the side set button (I think) which is below the rocker volume switch, I would then get sound from both earphones. I forgot exactly what I pressed to get sound from both earphones, but I positively have this same problem with my Seido headphones...pretty lame actually.

Casey
    Quote Originally Posted by TxDot
    Jeff, I noticed in the new version that the number of settings for volume has gone back to 7 and the boost has 16. Was that intentional? Did you determine that the previous granularity was no longer needed? On my unlocked GSM the volume does not seem as loud as v2.21 did. To get close I have to set volume and boost all the way to the right but then the hiss gets so bad I have to back off on the boost which of course lowers the volume.
    Yes the volume in the "slider" went back to 7 positions. The boost has many more positions than you stated. The reason I went to the 7 positions in the volume slider is so that your starting volume would be correctly reflected in the phone's graphic display. You still have the full volume range with the volume key on the side of the Treo. The volume levels in this release are actually the same if not a little better than they were in the old release. Maybe it is just a perception thing with the 7 slider positions????

Jeff
    Quote Originally Posted by Casey Cheung
    I have the (2 in 1) Seido stereo headphones with the retractable cord...same problem.

I actually haven't used my Seido headphones for making phone calls for awhile. If I recall correctly, initially, I can only hear the other person with one side of the earphone (either left or right, I forget).

But if I press the side set button (I think) which is below the rocker volume switch, I would then get sound from both earphones. I forgot exactly what I pressed to get sound from both earphones, but I positively have this same problem with my Seido headphones...pretty lame actually.

Casey
    Internally, the Treo does not support stereo headsets during a call. The phone app will use the Right channel for audio and the left channel for the MIC input. I will try and see what I can do to bring back the sound in the other ear. This may have to be a configuration option in the menu system to handle this other type of headset. But I am not sure at this point.

Will one of you be kind enough to work directly with me to try builds until we get it to work? I don't have one of these headsets and I would rather not have to buy one.

Jeff
    Quote Originally Posted by jeffgibson
    .. The volume levels in this release are actually the same if not a little better than they were in the old release. Maybe it is just a perception thing with the 7 slider positions????

Jeff
    With everything set to max, VC 3.0 speakerphone volume is definitely lower than VC 2.18 and it is very noticeable. Fortunately, the earpiece volume stays the same.
    Internally, the Treo does not support stereo headsets during a call. The phone app will use the Right channel for audio and the left channel for the MIC input. I will try and see what I can do to bring back the sound in the other ear. This may have to be a configuration option in the menu system to handle this other type of headset. But I am not sure at this point.

Will one of you be kind enough to work directly with me to try builds until we get it to work? I don't have one of these headsets and I would rather not have to buy one.

Jeff
    Hi Jeff,
    I may be missing the boat here relative to importance for others, but this is apparently either a problem with the Seidio headset or how the Treo initially handles headsets relative to ear listening and mic or a combination of both.

I'm not sure it's worth the trouble on your part to attempt a correction. It might even develop into something more complex, but you probably know best about the possibilities. For me at least, it's fairly easy to correct on a call; i.e., menu button press, mute/unmute, or side button push apparently. I'm certainly willing to help on testing if you want to proceed.

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by StevenChoi
    With everything set to max, VC 3.0 speakerphone volume is definitely lower than VC 2.18 and it is very noticeable. Fortunately, the earpiece volume stays the same.
    I've noticed this as well. I have to push the side volume switch to increase the volume to an acceptable level in anything but a very quiet environment. Not a huge issue so far, but definitely noticeable compared to earlier versions.
    Global Posts
    916 Global Posts
    Yes the volume in the "slider" went back to 7 positions. The boost has many more positions than you stated. The reason I went to the 7 positions in the volume slider is so that your starting volume would be correctly reflected in the phone's graphic display. You still have the full volume range with the volume key on the side of the Treo. The volume levels in this release are actually the same if not a little better than they were in the old release. Maybe it is just a perception thing with the 7 slider positions????

Jeff
    I have no problem with the seven positions for volume and think it's a good thing for it to correlate with the graphic display.

I have counted and recounted the number of clicks (5way presses) for the boost and 16 is what I come up with. Maybe there are more using the stylus? Actually I think it would be a good idea to display a number next to each setting so we can tell for sure where we have things set at.
    GSM Treo 600 > Unlocked GSM Treo 650 on T-Mobile - Attempting to use a BB Curve

Technology is neither good nor evil, good people will find good uses for it and evil people will find evil uses for it. Phil P.
    I agree that the speakerphone level is lower in 3.0 then in 2.17/2.18, but have to say that on my Sprint 650 the earpiece max volume is also lower in 3.0 then 2.17
    Regarding the Siedo headphone problem, I personally don't really care about this since I rarely use the headphones for making calls...too inconvenient. I only use it for listening to music...period. So I don't personally think it's worth it to try to fix the quirky Siedo headphones. But thanks for offering to make the fix, Jeff. I just didn't want others to think the problem was with VolumeCare, which it's not.
    Interesting. I have tried it here on both Treo's and I don't hear a difference. Remember that you need to continue to hit the volume rockers to get to the max volume!

My speaker phone gets so loud I can't understand the voices any more because of the cracking.

Jeff
    Quote Originally Posted by v3treonut
    Hi Jeff,
    I may be missing the boat here relative to importance for others, but this is apparently either a problem with the Seidio headset or how the Treo initially handles headsets relative to ear listening and mic or a combination of both.

I'm not sure it's worth the trouble on your part to attempt a correction. It might even develop into something more complex, but you probably know best about the possibilities. For me at least, it's fairly easy to correct on a call; i.e., menu button press, mute/unmute, or side button push apparently. I'm certainly willing to help on testing if you want to proceed.

Thanks
    Thanks! I really did not want to upen the code for this.

Jeff
    Quote Originally Posted by stevecccc
    I agree that the speakerphone level is lower in 3.0 then in 2.17/2.18, but have to say that on my Sprint 650 the earpiece max volume is also lower in 3.0 then 2.17
    This is very strange. I do not hear the same thing on this end. The code behind the new UI is exaclty the same as in the past releases.

Jeff
    Interesting. I have tried it here on both Treo's and I don't hear a difference. Remember that you need to continue to hit the volume rockers to get to the max volume!

My speaker phone gets so loud I can't understand the voices any more because of the cracking.

Jeff
    Maybe I misunderstood StevenChoi's post about the speakerphone volume. When I replied I was speaking of the "initial" volume when activating the speakerphone on a call. I can easily raise the volume level way past what I would call good volume and as you say, to the point of hearing a sort of cracking up sound, which I figure is not really a good thing for the speaker itself and totally unnecessary for me.

My thoughts were that the settings in VC would control that initial volume in some manner, but it does not seem to make much, if any, difference even with the Activity Indicators set to force VC settings. But maybe I'm missing something?
    Maybe I misunderstood StevenChoi's post about the speakerphone volume. When I replied I was speaking of the "initial" volume when activating the speakerphone on a call. I can easily raise the volume level way past what I would call good volume and as you say, to the point of hearing a sort of cracking up sound, which I figure is not really a good thing for the speaker itself and totally unnecessary for me.

My thoughts were that the settings in VC would control that initial volume in some manner, but it does not seem to make much, if any, difference even with the Activity Indicators set to force VC settings. But maybe I'm missing something?
    The starting volume should follow the volume/boost setup you have specified in VC. I would recommend *not* using the "forced" option. This should really never be needed but I left it in here for another releae just to see if it helps some people.

The initial volume for my calls appear to be consistent in actual volume to the settings that I have specified in VC. I have verified this on CDMA and unlocked GSM 650's.

Give a soft reset a try and see if that improves the behavior. I removed the need for a soft reset because many had asked for it to be removed but it is always a good idea.

Jeff
    The starting volume should follow the volume/boost setup you have specified in VC. I would recommend *not* using the "forced" option. This should really never be needed but I left it in here for another releae just to see if it helps some people.

Give a soft reset a try and see if that improves the behavior. I removed the need for a soft reset because many had asked for it to be removed but it is always a good idea.

Jeff
    I'll give this a try and report.

Also, you probably missed this question at the end of one of my previous posts.

"On ver 3, I cannot get the slider for the Mic Volume Boost Level to adjust as the other settings. It will only go from low to max or vice versa. Is this by design? I have not seen any comments about this unless I just missed them.
    Global Posts
    916 Global Posts
    This is very strange. I do not hear the same thing on this end. The code behind the new UI is exaclty the same as in the past releases.

Jeff
    Wanna trade? I still can't get much volume out of my unlocked 650. Not blaming VC for that. I think most of the unlocked units have this problem in spite of everything VC does.
    GSM Treo 600 > Unlocked GSM Treo 650 on T-Mobile - Attempting to use a BB Curve

Technology is neither good nor evil, good people will find good uses for it and evil people will find evil uses for it. Phil P.

Jeff
    I just double check my settings and the "boost" is not at max. level. When both "volume" and "boost" at max. then it is comparable to VC2.18 level which means same hissing level too. Still don't see the advantage of the "boost" setting. I also notice that, during a call when switched between speakerphone and earpiece, the volume level always reverts back to VC setting even if I change it using the volume slider. Is this by design ? Also observes that same problem as V3treonut about mic. "boost" setting jump between min. and max. Is that by design too ? Overall, it is the best apps that everyone with a Treo650 should have.
    I'll give this a try and report.

Also, you probably missed this question at the end of one of my previous posts.

"On ver 3, I cannot get the slider for the Mic Volume Boost Level to adjust as the other settings. It will only go from low to max or vice versa. Is this by design? I have not seen any comments about this unless I just missed them.
    The MIC slider is *not* dynamic during a call. I can try to make it so if you want.

The slider position for the MIC boost is binary. On or off. I just wanted to remain consistent in the UI and so I kept the slider rather than going with a checkbox.

Jeff
    Quote Originally Posted by TxDot
    Wanna trade? I still can't get much volume out of my unlocked 650. Not blaming VC for that. I think most of the unlocked units have this problem in spite of everything VC does.
    Interesting. Sounds like P1 may have different sources for their speakers???

Jeff
    The MIC slider is *not* dynamic during a call. I can try to make it so if you want.

The slider position for the MIC boost is binary. On or off. I just wanted to remain consistent in the UI and so I kept the slider rather than going with a checkbox.

Jeff
    No need for dynamic action for me that I can see. Not something I would likely look to try and adjy=ust while on a call anyway I don't think. On and Off is okay, just wanted to know if that's correct. I kind of thought it was.

Thanks again for your great work.