Page 24 of 36 FirstFirst ... 14192021222324252627282934 ... LastLast
  1. BD1
    Global Posts
    231 Global Posts
    Using 3.0 but have a problem with wired headset. I can only hear out of one ear phone. When I push up down on side I can hear out of both ear pieces only when button is pressed. I am using palmone hybrid headset on cingular 650.
    Quote Originally Posted by BD1
    Using 3.0 but have a problem with wired headset. I can only hear out of one ear phone. When I push up down on side I can hear out of both ear pieces only when button is pressed. I am using palmone hybrid headset on cingular 650.
    Is this when you are using the stereo headset mode in VC? I am assuming that you are using this headset while listening to MP3's? If this is the case, is the sound restored to the other headset when you disable Stereo headset in VC? I realize this and the Back Speaker control needs some work.

Or is this happening while you are using the headset while on a phone call?

Jeff
  3. BD1
    Global Posts
    231 Global Posts
    I am just using it as phone not listening to music. I do not have the stereo checked. Using VC without headset works fine.
    I am just using it as phone not listening to music. I do not have the stereo checked. Using VC without headset works fine.
    Forgive me, but there are headsets for the Treo that have two independent speakers? Does it also have a MIC? From what I can tell in the API, the wired headset when it is in use by the phone, uses the Right channel for audio and the Left channel for the MIC. What happens if you turn off the Boost for the headset? Slide the boost slider all the way to the left. Do you get volume back in each speaker?

Jeff
    Hi Jeff,

I was reading the earlier posts about vibration settings. It would be great if you can create a program that simply makes the vibration more noticeable/stronger. So many times I cannot feel the vibration, especially if I'm doing something like driving in a car, etc. I use vibration settings habitually, so this would be very helpful for me.

Thanks, Casey.
    jeff,

big fan of your work. your program (vc) was one of the main reasons(granted, the phone has wonderful features but overlooking something as fundamental as the volume is just inexcusable) why i even kept my 650. p1 needs to incorporate your program to ALL treo owners--and reward you handsomely for your genius. anyhow, i have the sprint treo 650 and the moto 850 headset(bluetooth)---volume is worthless on the headset. are you by chance going to be able to increase the volume to the headset? thank you in advance.
  7. BD1
    Global Posts
    231 Global Posts
    Yes the headset has a mic and it has stereo headset. I tried boost setting channge but still have the same behavior. when I diable VC both earphones work fine on a call.
    Quote Originally Posted by samk
    jeff,

big fan of your work. your program (vc) was one of the main reasons(granted, the phone has wonderful features but overlooking something as fundamental as the volume is just inexcusable) why i even kept my 650. p1 needs to incorporate your program to ALL treo owners--and reward you handsomely for your genius. anyhow, i have the sprint treo 650 and the moto 850 headset(bluetooth)---volume is worthless on the headset. are you by chance going to be able to increase the volume to the headset? thank you in advance.
    I appreciate the compliment!

I am working on the BT volume but am not having a large amoutn of success yet. I have been able to get some small gains but have not found the "big knob" yet. Will hopefully find it soon.

Jeff
    Yes the headset has a mic and it has stereo headset. I tried boost setting channge but still have the same behavior. when I diable VC both earphones work fine on a call.
    How about if you move the Boost lever all the way to the left for the Headset? Does this resore volume to both ears? When you say that you disable VC, does disabling just the headset restore the volume to both ears?

Jeff
    Quote Originally Posted by Casey Cheung
    Hi Jeff,

I was reading the earlier posts about vibration settings. It would be great if you can create a program that simply makes the vibration more noticeable/stronger. So many times I cannot feel the vibration, especially if I'm doing something like driving in a car, etc. I use vibration settings habitually, so this would be very helpful for me.

Thanks, Casey.
    Would be nice. I don't think I can do anything about the strength of the vibrator but I can give you different numbers of vibrations based on different events(phone, SMS, etc....)

Jeff
    Quote Originally Posted by jeffgibson
    Do you get volume back in each speaker?
    Jeff
    Hi Jeff,
    I've been following this thread for awhile. Since I was not fully utilizing PC, I uninstalled it and have tried a few of your recent version of VC since I'm so interested in getting better volume.

I had problems with version 2.17 and 2.18, mostly with my Seideo stereo headset and I finally attributed it to the headset itself. Today, I downloaded ver 3 and it seems to have cured most of the previous problems I was having with the Seidio except for the problem mentioned by others relative to hearing from ony one ear.

Whenever I use the Seidio headset I can also only hear out of one ear, usually the right. If I press the menu button while on a call and press the phone button to return to the phone display, it will correct the problem and I can hear from both sides. I've even tried this with my Sony headset, which does not have a mic. It's only for listening (music), but it exhibits the same problem.

I believe this is a problem with the Seideo and my Sony headsets (or my Treo possibly) and not your program. I uninstalled VC and I still experience the problem.

I've tried adjusting the mic and both headset slider switches before making a call, but it does not seem to have an effect. Merely pressing the main menu button will restore the sound to both ears. It's sort of weird. I have actually experienced this problem from ver 1.9 onward and also with PC. I bought the Seideo when I was using VC 1.9 and it exhibited this problem right off the bat.

Can you or anyone else recommend a better stereo headset with a mic such as the Seideo? If so, it is appreciated. The Seideo has been a little quirky ever since I bought it about a month ago, but I haven't researched other brands yet.

Also, on ver 3 I cannot get the slider for the Mic Volume Boost Level to adjust as the other settings. It will only go from low to max or vice versa. Is this by design? I have not seen any comments about this unless I just missed them.

FYI, I'm using a locked Cingular T650.
    Regarding the problems mentioned with DateBook 5, are you guys using the latest version which is Version 5.4a ?? My previous version did not work right with the Treo 650, but after installing DateBk 5.4a, everything has been working fine for me.

By the way, you guys with the problem with the Seido headset, the problem lies with the Seido headset, not with VolumeCare. I have the same Seido headset, and have the same problem long before I ever installed VolumeCare.
    Regarding the problems mentioned with DateBook 5, are you guys using the latest version which is Version 5.4a ?? My previous version did not work right with the Treo 650, but after installing DateBk 5.4a, everything has been working fine for me....
    Yes. In fact, I am part (a small part, perhaps) of the reason that 5.4a got written. Datebk5 works great EXCEPT for vibrate quitting on me sometimes. Let's not discuss it more here as it is off-topic.
    Global Posts
    916 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by jeffgibson
    Well I can tell you that I do not get "hiss" on either my Sprint 650 or my Unlocked GSM 650. I get "crackling" sounds when the volume's and boost's are all the way up. But I think that is normal given the power that is being pushed to the speakers.

I am wondering if there are different brands of speakers in 650's? Or perhaps different carriers have a different amount of ambient noise in their signals? By increasing the gain, the background noise becomes more noticable. You should be able to start a call and then go into VC and tweek and tune the volume and Boost to maximize the volume while minimizing the "hiss". You have many boost levels to play with so it may take some time to get it tuned just right.

Jeff
    I have assigned VolumeCare to the side button (requires a long press) to make it easier to access during a call. Given the latest changes this seems to be something that is necessary. Maybe after I get things "tuned" I'll set the button back to Klondike so I can easily access that other critical application.
    GSM Treo 600 > Unlocked GSM Treo 650 on T-Mobile - Attempting to use a BB Curve

Technology is neither good nor evil, good people will find good uses for it and evil people will find evil uses for it. Phil P.
    Global Posts
    916 Global Posts
    Jeff, I noticed in the new version that the number of settings for volume has gone back to 7 and the boost has 16. Was that intentional? Did you determine that the previous granularity was no longer needed? On my unlocked GSM the volume does not seem as loud as v2.21 did. To get close I have to set volume and boost all the way to the right but then the hiss gets so bad I have to back off on the boost which of course lowers the volume.
    GSM Treo 600 > Unlocked GSM Treo 650 on T-Mobile - Attempting to use a BB Curve

Technology is neither good nor evil, good people will find good uses for it and evil people will find evil uses for it. Phil P.
    I also have the Seidio hybrid headset. 2.18 of VC was the last version without a problem. The issue is NOT the headset. When VC is enabled, volume only comes from one of the earbuds UNTIL I mute/unmute the phone call, then the phone call is in stereo. MP3's using PocketTunes work fine; music is in stereo from both earbuds.
    By the way, you guys with the problem with the Seido headset, the problem lies with the Seido headset, not with VolumeCare.
    Glad to get Casey and Kohnvize's confirmations on the Seidio headset. I thought I was right, but wasn't sure. The Seidio set is nice except for this problem when using to make and receive calls. Sort of frustrating based on what I paid for it. Guess I'll have to try and find one that does not have the problem.
    Again, the problem IS NOT the headset. When you're on a call, and there is sound out of only one ear, mute/unmute like you used to have to do with the bluetooth headsets. When you do this you'll get volume out of both ears. And, again, phone calls were in stereo with both ears working fine on the Seidio headset back in version 2.18 of VC. They are also in stereo when I remove VC from the phone. Thus, a change in the software has rendered one of the ears 'dead' untill you toggle mute/unmute the call.

Otherwise, VC is fantastic. Unfortunately, P1 has once again forced me to buy software to fix one of their bugs.
    Last edited by kohnvize; 07/11/2005 at 10:07 AM.
    Quote Originally Posted by kohnvize
    Again, the problem IS NOT the headset.
    Sorry, I seriously misread your post. However, I've had this problem with my Seidio headset since I purchased it about a month ago. I had VC loaded at the time, but I've used the headset both with and without VC installed and still have the issue. And I had worse problems with the Seidio using VC 2.18, which is opposite your experience. Perhaps an app conflict of some sort??

I think Seidio makes at least two models of the stereo headset with mic. Is there perhaps a difference in them? I'm using the one they term 2 n 1 retractable headset.
    I'm using the 2in1 retractable earbud set. I'm on my second one; the first had a bad volume dial. TreoCentral was kind enough to replace it with a new one for just the shipping cost.