Page 23 of 36 FirstFirst ... 13181920212223242526272833 ... LastLast
    I installed VC 2.21. Now, when I make a call or answer a call using my wired Seidio hybrid stereo headset, there is only sound in one ear. I have to mute/unmute which brings sound into both ears. This wasn't an issue in the 2.18 version that I upgraded from.

Thanks for your help, Jeff.
    Quote Originally Posted by jeffgibson
    All,

I have posted a new version (v2.19) of VolumeCare to the Early Access Release part of my web site.

This version should do a better job of handing call waiting volume drops. If for some reason you do still get a volume drop, I have added a HotKey that should instantly restore the volume. Just hit the Treo 650's side button once (sometimes twice) and your volume will be restored to VC levels.

Jeff
    Jeff
    I Just installed the 2.21 version.. This Product Just keeps getting better , It Sounds like the voice quality has improved if thats possible & the Volume with Volumcare is fantastic.. Thanks
    Doh
    Somebody broke the server...
    gotreosoftware is down currently...probably from all us downloading this great software!
    Quote Originally Posted by frog
    It is Menu/Options/About Volume Care
    Well, hmmm... That's right! Didn't get at the fact that this line was in fact an entry box!
    Thanks very much for your help.
    Cheers,
    Bob
    Quote Originally Posted by kohnvize
    I installed VC 2.21. Now, when I make a call or answer a call using my wired Seidio hybrid stereo headset, there is only sound in one ear. I have to mute/unmute which brings sound into both ears. This wasn't an issue in the 2.18 version that I upgraded from.

Thanks for your help, Jeff.

I have these same Seido wired stereo headset. The problem is with the Seido unit, not with VolumeCare. I have exactly the same problem you described, but the problem existed long before I ever downloaded VolumeCare. The Seido unit is a bit quirky I have found.

-Casey
    Quote Originally Posted by jorang
    Just had an experience with the new release v2.21 which I hasn't experienced before.

I was answering a call - thought that the headset volume was to low, and used the volume up button on the side of my Unlocked GSM. Suddenly volume was remarkably louder (just as it went up lets say "5 steps"), and a buzzing was introduced which did not disappear even when I lowered the volume again (using side volume buttons)

The "5 step up" was not so loud that it was a problem, but I was surprised that it suddenly raised the volume so much - much more than 1 step prprpr $volume$ $button$ $press$ ($which$ $I$ $probably$ $expected$). $Just$ $as$ $if$ $VC$ $volume$ $suddenly$ $was$ $disabled$ $and$ $another$ $volume$ $setting$ $was$ $enabled$.

I have seen comments on the buzzing before but never experiendced it myselves. How come it's not buzzing unless i manually adjust the volume, and the buzzing will not go away again - no matter how I adjust volume afterwards?
    I learned a couple of new things over the last 24 hours. I will have a new design of VC out later tonight!

Jeff
    Quote Originally Posted by Barney
    Jeff
    I Just installed the 2.21 version.. This Product Just keeps getting better , It Sounds like the voice quality has improved if thats possible & the Volume with Volumcare is fantastic.. Thanks
    Thanks. I will be releasing a new design later tonight that will be very nice.

Jeff
    All,

I have released a version 3.00 of VolumeCare today!

This is a new approach to VolumeCare! You now have control over the starting volume for phone calls *and* you now have control over the amount of "boost" you will get for each speaker type. This will allow you to control the "hiss" v.s. the overall loudness of the speaker. You can now adjust the Boost and the Volume in the VC interface.

As always, the Volume Buttons will function as normal and are your primary means for changing the volume during a call.

The "Back Speaker and Stereo headset" options are unchanged. I will work on putting a filter on this options in a future release. Currently these options will set the volume boost of the Back speaker and stereo headsets for all *non* phone related sounds. A future release will allow you to specify the applications when these volume configurations will be enforced. So for the time being, you may not want to enable these options.

VolumeCare V3.00

Jeff
    Global Posts
    138 Global Posts
    All,
    I have released a version 3.00 of VolumeCare today!........
    Jeff
    Very nice...much more intuitive...
    Thanks
    Hi Jeff,

Just installed 3.00 and on a few calls, the volume gain seems to work at least as well as 2.21 did for me.

I like the new "Tutorial" and the new interface.

Three items I noticed:
    1. In the Tutorial, should there be instructions regarding the side-button?
    2. The 5-Way does not work with the Start Volume sliders, only the Boost Level Sliders.
    3. Perhaps a "Reset to Default" function for the volume settings?

Really, P1 should license a version of VC like they did Datebook... I can actually hold a conversation in restaurants and hear the speakerphone in a noisy car.

Thanks for all your great work.
    Global Posts
    443 Global Posts
    Jeff,
    I installed ver 3.0 but still having the issue of hissing. I tried whatever options I could think of like trying various slider positions, using force VC volume option, just using handset boost & speakerphone & even doing a soft reset after installing VC b'coz this ver doesnot ask to SR right after installing.
    Please let me know if I can try any other option/s. There isn't any hiss when having slider right at the half way mark for boost level option but than there isn't any significant increase in volume.
    Does this hissing problem exists for sprint or verizon treo's?I m on unlocked TMO 650 by the way.
    Any help appreciated Jeff & other users.
    Quote Originally Posted by T-ulk
    Jeff,
    I installed ver 3.0 but still having the issue of hissing. I tried whatever options I could think of like trying various slider positions, using force VC volume option, just using handset boost & speakerphone & even doing a soft reset after installing VC b'coz this ver doesnot ask to SR right after installing.
    Please let me know if I can try any other option/s. There isn't any hiss when having slider right at the half way mark for boost level option but than there isn't any significant increase in volume.
    Does this hissing problem exists for sprint or verizon treo's?I m on unlocked TMO 650 by the way.
    Any help appreciated Jeff & other users.
    Well I can tell you that I do not get "hiss" on either my Sprint 650 or my Unlocked GSM 650. I get "crackling" sounds when the volume's and boost's are all the way up. But I think that is normal given the power that is being pushed to the speakers.

I am wondering if there are different brands of speakers in 650's? Or perhaps different carriers have a different amount of ambient noise in their signals? By increasing the gain, the background noise becomes more noticable. You should be able to start a call and then go into VC and tweek and tune the volume and Boost to maximize the volume while minimizing the "hiss". You have many boost levels to play with so it may take some time to get it tuned just right.

Jeff
    Quote Originally Posted by AddictedToTech
    Hi Jeff,

Just installed 3.00 and on a few calls, the volume gain seems to work at least as well as 2.21 did for me.
    That is great!

I like the new "Tutorial" and the new interface.
    I thought it would be a nice addition. Glad to hear you agree.

Three items I noticed:
    1. In the Tutorial, should there be instructions regarding the side-button?
    Yes. I will add some additional things here. Was looking to forst see if I got a "get rid of that tutorial" or a "this is great, put more information in here"

2. The 5-Way does not work with the Start Volume sliders, only the Boost Level Sliders.
    That's interesting. The 5-way works for me in all of the sliders. I wonder what is different?

3. Perhaps a "Reset to Default" function for the volume settings?
    That's a good idea. Next build.

Really, P1 should license a version of VC like they did Datebook... I can actually hold a conversation in restaurants and hear the speakerphone in a noisy car.

Thanks for all your great work.
    You are welcome! I would like it too if P1 would license this program!

Enjoy........

Jeff
    Quote Originally Posted by nelson1
    Very nice...much more intuitive...
    Thanks
    Thanks! I'm glad I hit the mark with the UI layout.

I am also happy that I have now opened up the all of the configuration options and the *entire* range for the volume of these speakers.

Jeff
    Thanks! I'm glad I hit the mark with the UI layout.

I am also happy that I have now opened up the all of the configuration options and the *entire* range for the volume of these speakers.

Jeff
    Nice, very nice.

Any chance of manipulating the vibrate mode? I have two issues with mine:

1. Sometimes it just does not vibrate. Still don't know why. This could be just Datebk5 problem, I still don't know.

2. The vibrate seems to be less intense than it used to be. Any chance of boosting this?

Plus

3. A lot of folks would like vibrate to be customizable - create a pattern rather than just a vibrate. That way you'd readily know the difference between an appointment and a phone call, for example. I don't really care about that, but I threw it in anyway.
    Quote Originally Posted by westronic
    Nice, very nice.

1. Sometimes it just does not vibrate. Still don't know why. This could be just Datebk5 problem, I still don't know.
    I have real issues with DateBK5 these days. I have removed it from my Treo and it will never go back on again. This company has the worst customer support I have ever experienced. I was a long time users until last week. Never again.....

2. The vibrate seems to be less intense than it used to be. Any chance of boosting this?
    Unfortunately there is no documented or supported way to accomplish this. I think the hardware itself is just not robust enough to provide the feedback people are looking for.

3. A lot of folks would like vibrate to be customizable - create a pattern rather than just a vibrate. That way you'd readily know the difference between an appointment and a phone call, for example. I don't really care about that, but I threw it in anyway.
    This I can do!

Jeff
    Quote Originally Posted by westronic
    Nice, very nice.

Plus

Hey Jeff while you're reading this and still thinking about that call handling app you were going to work on *wink* - I wondered if you could incorporate in the ability to set different alerts using different LED settings ? or the ability to customize what the light does and what color it is, ie, red (solid/blink/fast blink), orange (solid/blink/fast blink), green... and so on... it's nice to see your phone sitting across the room and be able to see what you've missed without having to actually turn it on.. customizeable vibrate settings would be awesome, you've already mastered volume control you could roll aaaaaaaalllllll of this into one and call it TotalCare orrr TotalControl......!!!!! (pardon the brainstorm) with volume control, profile ability (athough I don't use profiles, I know people love this), LED settings, custom vibrate settings, call handling (blocking calls, sending to vm, ignore by contact/number/category) ringtone assignments by contact/number/category.... alerts... I realize this is easier said than done, but I know I'd pay good money for ONE APP that did everything instead of having VC, PC, SC, Butler, CallShield, etc etc... Very simply, I could set my 5500 to blink blue with an SMS, ring a certain tone for my husband, green blink for a VM, silent for unknown calls....etc...etc. All of this stuff should be in the settings and preferences native but since it isn't......who better than you to do it? No one.

Bek
    Quote Originally Posted by Bekktek
    Hey Jeff while you're reading this and still thinking about that call handling app you were going to work on *wink* - I wondered if you could incorporate in the ability to set different alerts using different LED settings ? or the ability to customize what the light does and what color it is, ie, red (solid/blink/fast blink), orange (solid/blink/fast blink), green... and so on... it's nice to see your phone sitting across the room and be able to see what you've missed without having to actually turn it on.. customizeable vibrate settings would be awesome, you've already mastered volume control you could roll aaaaaaaalllllll of this into one and call it TotalCare orrr TotalControl......!!!!! (pardon the brainstorm) with volume control, profile ability (athough I don't use profiles, I know people love this), LED settings, custom vibrate settings, call handling (blocking calls, sending to vm, ignore by contact/number/category) ringtone assignments by contact/number/category.... alerts... I realize this is easier said than done, but I know I'd pay good money for ONE APP that did everything instead of having VC, PC, SC, Butler, CallShield, etc etc... Very simply, I could set my 5500 to blink blue with an SMS, ring a certain tone for my husband, green blink for a VM, silent for unknown calls....etc...etc. All of this stuff should be in the settings and preferences native but since it isn't......who better than you to do it? No one.

Bek
    I understand. There are a couple of reason's why apps get slit into separate applications.

1) Developers need to increase their revenues.
    2) Customers do not always want an "all-in-one" application. Perfect example of this is PC and VC. I had a large group of users say, I just want VC. I will not use all of PC because it is more than I need right now.
    3) Most importantly, there is a code size limitation in the Palm OS that prevents applications from getting larger than 64K in size. (There is more to it than that but I want to keep this high level). If I start to combine too many features into one application, I hit this limitation and other features suffer. I like to keep a focus in my applications and add detailed features to make the application the best it can be.

Having said all of that, I will begin taking requirements very soon for the "new" application. Your list has some great concepts and features that will certainly be part of the design criteria.

Jeff
    I have real issues with DateBK5 these days. I have removed it from my Treo and it will never go back on again. This company has the worst customer support I have ever experienced. I was a long time users until last week. Never again.....
    Yeah, well, it's paid for AND the programmer has given me GREAT customer support AND it's the best alarm handling I've seen - allowing me to handle alarms the way I want when they go off - particularly in allowing me to snooze until 5 minutes before the appointment. In truth, the only real feature I use is the advanced alarm handling. I wish I knew if this problem with vibrate was realted to Datebk5 or not. Anyway, the programmer for Datebk5 has a fix in mind to force the vibrate mode to work properly.

Unfortunately there is no documented or supported way to accomplish this. I think the hardware itself is just not robust enough to provide the feedback people are looking for.
    Too bad. I just want what I had before - it really seems like it is not as robust as it used to be before my latest ROM/firmware update. I'll live with it, I guess.

This I can do!
    Cool... for those who want this. I don't really care myself, but I know others really want this.

Jeff[/QUOTE]
    I understand. There are a couple of reason's why apps get slit into separate applications.

1) Developers need to increase their revenues.
    2) Customers do not always want an "all-in-one" application. Perfect example of this is PC and VC. I had a large group of users say, I just want VC. I will not use all of PC because it is more than I need right now.
    3) Most importantly, there is a code size limitation in the Palm OS that prevents applications from getting larger than 64K in size. (There is more to it than that but I want to keep this high level). If I start to combine too many features into one application, I hit this limitation and other features suffer. I like to keep a focus in my applications and add detailed features to make the application the best it can be.

Having said all of that, I will begin taking requirements very soon for the "new" application. Your list has some great concepts and features that will certainly be part of the design criteria.

Jeff
    1.) Revenues make the world go round... lol So I completely understand this and it's a good point.
    2.) I guess I wasn't even considering that people don't want just one app to do everything! LOL... I also know that having this many features can probably make error handling much more difficult..
    3.) Ohhhhhhhhhhhhh, I didn't know about the limitation! That explains so much.

Okie dokie, I'll be ready to buy whatever you put together!

Thanks Jeff.

Bek