Page 22 of 36 FirstFirst ... 12171819202122232425262732 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by frog
    Hi all,

Thanks for your help (don't want to have to go to the toilets everytime I need to make a phone call !)
    ps BTW Welcome to TreoCentral.

pps I thought us English were the only ones who used toilet humor
    Thought of the day :
    No sense being pessimistic, it probably wouldn't work anyway
    All,

I have posted a new version (v2.19) of VolumeCare to the Early Access Release part of my web site.

This version should do a better job of handing call waiting volume drops. If for some reason you do still get a volume drop, I have added a HotKey that should instantly restore the volume. Just hit the Treo 650's side button once (sometimes twice) and your volume will be restored to VC levels.

Jeff
    Global Posts
    443 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by amf
    I made the adjustments as you suggested. The same thing happens: When on a call and I press the side volume keys, the volume suddenly increases especially with the speakerphone. When I put the slider in the middle, the volume is just too low. Thanks!

I can immediately hear the increase in volume after pressing the volume buttons in speakerphone mode and the hissing sound also increases.

Jeff,
    I recently bought the VC and I too have the similar problem as "amf" having. My settings for the VC are one slider more than the half-way mark for handset and speakerphone but when I increase the volume during call, the speakers (handset & speakerphone) starts making hissing sound which is very untolerable while talking because it still makes hard to hear what the other person is saying. In b/t I am using unlocked TMO 650 with 2.19 ver of VC.
    Personally I think it's more of treo's speakers incapacity which can't output the extra volume provided via VC.

Hope you can fix that.
    Quote Originally Posted by T-ulk
    Jeff,
    I recently bought the VC and I too have the similar problem as "amf" having. My settings for the VC are one slider more than the half-way mark for handset and speakerphone but when I increase the volume during call, the speakers (handset & speakerphone) starts making hissing sound which is very untolerable while talking because it still makes hard to hear what the other person is saying. In b/t I am using unlocked TMO 650 with 2.19 ver of VC.
    Personally I think it's more of treo's speakers incapacity which can't output the extra volume provided via VC.

Hope you can fix that.
    I have just ordered an unlocked GSM 650. Will be here later this week. Will know more if I can reproduce the behavior.

Jeff
    I have the same issue of blissing sound on my GSM Treo, and I also feel it must be hardware rather than software.

Another issue I have is that incoming calls have lower volume. I can adjust it with side keys, but is there a way to get incoming calls on the VC adjusted level that I automatically get on outgoing calls ? I am using VC 2.18 (trial).

Also, what is the function of the "Force volume to VC levels" option ? I have tried with the box ticked and unticked and it does not seem to make a difference.

Thanks.
    I have the same issue of blissing sound on my GSM Treo, and I also feel it must be hardware rather than software.

Another issue I have is that incoming calls have lower volume. I can adjust it with side keys, but is there a way to get incoming calls on the VC adjusted level that I automatically get on outgoing calls ? I am using VC 2.18 (trial).

Also, what is the function of the "Force volume to VC levels" option ? I have tried with the box ticked and unticked and it does not seem to make a difference.

Thanks.
    Upgrade to version 2.20 that I posted last night to my early access download site.

Disable the program first and then install the new version right over the top of the old one. You will need to re-set your default settings for this release.

Jeff
    Quote Originally Posted by jeffgibson
    Upgrade to version 2.20 that I posted last night to my early access download site.

Disable the program first and then install the new version right over the top of the old one. You will need to re-set your default settings for this release.

Jeff
    Jeff,

I did this and tested many times. Interestingly the first incoming call is loud ... but the second one is low again. I have tried with the "force volume" box ticked or unticked and it gives the same result. The downside now is that when the incoming call is low I can no longer increase the volume with side keys.
    Jeff,

I did this and tested many times. Interestingly the first incoming call is loud ... but the second one is low again. I have tried with the "force volume" box ticked or unticked and it gives the same result. The downside now is that when the incoming call is low I can no longer increase the volume with side keys.
    Actually it is not the second call that comes low, it is any call that comes within approximately 30 seconds of the second one. A call coming after 30 seconds has the VC volume again. Is this normal ?

Also, sorry for asking the question but what is the purpose of the "force volume" option, and am I suppose to tick it or not ?

Thanks again.
    Jeff,

Do you mean while you have 2 calls active or just a second call after you hang up on the first call. Is this with the phone application active (ie still visable in the screen)? What happens if you leave the phone application and come back in again?

Jeff
    Actually it is not the second call that comes low, it is any call that comes within approximately 30 seconds of the second one. A call coming after 30 seconds has the VC volume again. Is this normal ?
    Like the Q's in my last post, is this behavior when you have 2 calls active at the same time or one call right after you hang up on the first call? IE back to back calls.

The 30 second thing is interesting. Need more information per above and any speaker specifics? Handset, speaker phone, headset???

Also, sorry for asking the question but what is the purpose of the "force volume" option, and am I suppose to tick it or not ?

Thanks again.
    This was an attempt to stop the call waiting bug. This would try and force the volume increase 3 seconds after getting a second call (call waiting).

Jeff
    Like the Q's in my last post, is this behavior when you have 2 calls active at the same time or one call right after you hang up on the first call? IE back to back calls.

The 30 second thing is interesting. Need more information per above and any speaker specifics? Handset, speaker phone, headset???

Jeff
    It happens on any one call received straight after I hang up. I have not experienced multiple calls at the same time yet. I have re-tested again (calling my self from land line ... my wife believes I'm crazy!), and the 30 seconds estimate seems quite accurate. If try after say 40 seconds the volume is perfect. In any event, this is a relatively minor annoyance. If you can solve it fine, but I have decided to buy your (great) product anyway.

Practical question : if I buy and subscribe to upgrades, is the procedure for the upgrades the same as you described before, i.e. disable current version and sync onto it ?

Thanks for the great work Jeff, and especially for the friendly and reactive support.
    Need more information per above and any speaker specifics? Handset, speaker phone, headset???

Jeff[/QUOTE]

Forgot to answer that : I have only selected handset and mic
    It happens on any one call received straight after I hang up. I have not experienced multiple calls at the same time yet. I have re-tested again (calling my self from land line ... my wife believes I'm crazy!), and the 30 seconds estimate seems quite accurate. If try after say 40 seconds the volume is perfect. In any event, this is a relatively minor annoyance. If you can solve it fine, but I have decided to buy your (great) product anyway.
    I think this may be a "feature" of the phone application. Not sure I can get around it. Can you restore the volume after the second call comes in by toggling speakers? IE select speakerphone on/off then adjust the volume? What model phone do you have?

Practical question : if I buy and subscribe to upgrades, is the procedure for the upgrades the same as you described before, i.e. disable current version and sync onto it ?
    Yes. You can bookmark the program location on my OTA site and download it directly to your Treo. And yes, it is always best to disable the current program before installing the new one.

Thanks for the great work Jeff, and especially for the friendly and reactive support.
    You are welcome! I appreciate your business and continued support!

Jeff
    I have the same problem with your trial version on my GSM unlocked treo.The volume is low and the side button does not work. This happens randomly .
    Global Posts
    916 Global Posts
    Try version 2.21 as it has some GSM specific fixes (according to Jeff) in it.
    GSM Treo 600 > Unlocked GSM Treo 650 on T-Mobile - Attempting to use a BB Curve

Technology is neither good nor evil, good people will find good uses for it and evil people will find evil uses for it. Phil P.
    Quote Originally Posted by Mtreosexual
    I have the same problem with your trial version on my GSM unlocked treo.The volume is low and the side button does not work. This happens randomly .
    Yep. 2.21 is a much better release! Please give it a try. I have tested it on my new unlocked GSM (1.13)

Jeff
    Global Posts
    377 Global Posts
    Just had an experience with the new release v2.21 which I hasn't experienced before.

I was answering a call - thought that the headset volume was to low, and used the volume up button on the side of my Unlocked GSM. Suddenly volume was remarkably louder (just as it went up lets say "5 steps"), and a buzzing was introduced which did not disappear even when I lowered the volume again (using side volume buttons)

The "5 step up" was not so loud that it was a problem, but I was surprised that it suddenly raised the volume so much - much more than 1 step prprpr $volume$ $button$ $press$ ($which$ $I$ $probably$ $expected$). $Just$ $as$ $if$ $VC$ $volume$ $suddenly$ $was$ $disabled$ $and$ $another$ $volume$ $setting$ $was$ $enabled$.

I have seen comments on the buzzing before but never experiendced it myselves. How come it's not buzzing unless i manually adjust the volume, and the buzzing will not go away again - no matter how I adjust volume afterwards?
    JoranG
    Treo650 Unlocked GSM (Cust ROM 1.71/1.20 ENA w/ FAT32.prc) - TomTom Navigator v5 (Western Europe Maps)
    Unfortunately I did not create a way to extend a trial license. What I can do for you is this: If you purchase the software and don't like it, tell me and we will work something out. Either a $ for $ trade for another title or a refund. I don't want to make a general practice of this but it is far less expensive for me to offer this to you than it is for me to program in an "extend the trial" feature.

Does that work for you?

Jeff
    Hello Jeff,

Don't know if this is related, but the version of VC I had on my Treo 650 went off today - trial expired. Thought it was time to get you rewarded for such an amazing job you do with this software, so I went to Handango and purchased a copy of VC. I received what I think is a proper registration key together with the purchase.
    The problem is: how do I enter this reg. code? I've tried uninstalling / reinstalling VC, but it never prompts me with a reg. code entry screen. It keeps saying 'Trial expired'.
    Any idea - apart from 'just do a hard reset an reinstall everything'

Thanks !
    Bob
    Global Posts
    413 Global Posts
    I went to the about option in VC and there is a line at the bottom, click that and just enter the code
    It is Menu/Options/About Volume Care