Page 21 of 36 FirstFirst ... 11161718192021222324252631 ... LastLast
    Wonderful work Jeff!!!!!!!!. I sat here in the wee hours of this morning and read this entire thread....cover to cover!

If I've followed this correctly, VC will only work for wired headsets at this time?!? If so, I will be thrilled when you can get around to working on the sound for BT headsets.

I am using the Logitech Mobile Pro and the HBH-660. Sound volume can be horrible on the Logitech but great with the 660.

The tricks posted about hitting speakerphone real quick is not an option when using a BT headset. As soon as a call is made/rec'd, the BT icon shows the headset connecting, and where the speakerphone button would be is now labeled "cancel" to cancel BT headset usage; there is no way to re-enable the BT headset once cancel has been clicked.

Based on this alone, VC would not do me any good because I am never without my BT headset. As soon as you start work on this, I'd be happy to test.
    ~ ScandaLous ~
    Jeff:

Thanks for the great work - I am now a paid and registered user.

I wonder if you can change VC so that it is active for any application I want, similar to the way that PXA Clocker works, for example, where a list of applications is presented and I chose which ones I where want VC to be active?

I have found that the game volume (Zap!2016) is really low now, even on max, and I'm sure the "back speaker" volume would boost that. It could be that volume has trouble with certain other apps as well.

Thanks, Jeff.
    Quote Originally Posted by westronic
    Jeff:

Thanks for the great work - I am now a paid and registered user.

I wonder if you can change VC so that it is active for any application I want, similar to the way that PXA Clocker works, for example, where a list of applications is presented and I chose which ones I where want VC to be active?

I have found that the game volume (Zap!2016) is really low now, even on max, and I'm sure the "back speaker" volume would boost that. It could be that volume has trouble with certain other apps as well.

Thanks, Jeff.
    Yes. I just realized this was a problem just recently. I have this on my upgrade list. Its very easy to do but requires about 4 hours of time to complete.

Jeff
    Quote Originally Posted by scandalex
    Wonderful work Jeff!!!!!!!!. I sat here in the wee hours of this morning and read this entire thread....cover to cover!

If I've followed this correctly, VC will only work for wired headsets at this time?!? If so, I will be thrilled when you can get around to working on the sound for BT headsets.

I am using the Logitech Mobile Pro and the HBH-660. Sound volume can be horrible on the Logitech but great with the 660.

The tricks posted about hitting speakerphone real quick is not an option when using a BT headset. As soon as a call is made/rec'd, the BT icon shows the headset connecting, and where the speakerphone button would be is now labeled "cancel" to cancel BT headset usage; there is no way to re-enable the BT headset once cancel has been clicked.

Based on this alone, VC would not do me any good because I am never without my BT headset. As soon as you start work on this, I'd be happy to test.
    I'm trying on the BT front.

Jeff
    Quote Originally Posted by amf
    Jeff, can you comment on this. Thanks.
    Sorry.

Where do you have the default volumes configured in VC itself? Are they near the top of the slider bar range? If so, back them down more towards the MIDDLE of the range. This configuration is the *starting* volume for all calls with this speaker type.

During a call you can adjust the call volume normally with the volume button on the side of the Treo. You can adjust the volume above and below the range shown on the graphic display.

Hope this helps.

Jeff
    Quote Originally Posted by yzc8668
    Jeff,
    I'd like to buy your VC. Is there anyway that you can send the Registration code right away upon the payment. The two business days is "too long" for me to get the code.

Thanks!
    That is the absolute upper limit on my order processing time. I normally process orders once a day. If you let me know you have an expired trial, I will make every effort to drop what I am doing and process your order immediately.

I am in talks with a 3rd party company to process my orders in near realtime. Will know more next week.

Jeff
  7. amf
    I have them in the upper level of the range. About 3/4 up. Thanks.
    Quote Originally Posted by rahenkamp
    Jeff,

I am a VERY HAPPY customer who bought Profile Care and Schedule Care ( THEY ROCK!!! ) and I saw somewhere in this thread that you were going to incorporate your improvements in VC into PC. Has that been done or did I miss it in this, now, VERY LONG thread?

Nice job! You got my $$$ as long as you keep putting out great products like these!!!!

d
    Yes I will be putting the new VC fundtions into PC but since they are not there right now, I am giving registered users of PC a free license key for VC. Just send me an email (GoTreo@wideopenwest.com) with proof of purchase and I will send you the license key.

Jeff
  9. amf
    Quote Originally Posted by jeffgibson
    Sorry.

Where do you have the default volumes configured in VC itself? Are they near the top of the slider bar range? If so, back them down more towards the MIDDLE of the range. This configuration is the *starting* volume for all calls with this speaker type.

During a call you can adjust the call volume normally with the volume button on the side of the Treo. You can adjust the volume above and below the range shown on the graphic display.

Hope this helps.

Jeff
    I made the adjustments as you suggested. The same thing happens: When on a call and I press the side volume keys, the volume suddenly increases especially with the speakerphone. When I put the slider in the middle, the volume is just too low. Thanks!

I can immediately hear the increase in volume after pressing the volume buttons in speakerphone mode and the hissing sound also increases.
  10. amf
    Okay I get it. I configured VC so that the slider is a bit more than the middle setting. In a call, I just press the side volume buttons up to increase the volume. Thanks!
    Quote Originally Posted by jeffgibson
    Yes I will be putting the new VC fundtions into PC but since they are not there right now, I am giving registered users of PC a free license key for VC. Just send me an email (GoTreo@wideopenwest.com) with proof of purchase and I will send you the license key.

Will do. Do you just need Sync ID for proof? Or PayPal transaction number?

Thanks again!!!

d
    Global Posts
    916 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by amf
    I made the adjustments as you suggested. The same thing happens: When on a call and I press the side volume keys, the volume suddenly increases especially with the speakerphone. When I put the slider in the middle, the volume is just too low. Thanks!

I can immediately hear the increase in volume after pressing the volume buttons in speakerphone mode and the hissing sound also increases.
    This is very similar to what I experience also. My initial settings are closer to 80% than 50%.
    GSM Treo 600 > Unlocked GSM Treo 650 on T-Mobile - Attempting to use a BB Curve

Technology is neither good nor evil, good people will find good uses for it and evil people will find evil uses for it. Phil P.
    Global Posts
    916 Global Posts
    Jeff, I would like to see some way of knowing what the volume level is after I have adjusted it while on a call and the same for the MIC level. This way I could reset my default level.

Does one press of the volume buttons move the volume level "one click" up or down? If the volume button is held down does the volume continue to increase/decrease or does it require individual presses?
    GSM Treo 600 > Unlocked GSM Treo 650 on T-Mobile - Attempting to use a BB Curve

Technology is neither good nor evil, good people will find good uses for it and evil people will find evil uses for it. Phil P.
    Quote Originally Posted by rahenkamp
    Will do. Do you just need Sync ID for proof? Or PayPal transaction number?

Thanks again!!!

d
    PayPal ID or the email that I send out is good too.

Jeff
    Quote Originally Posted by TxDot
    Jeff, I would like to see some way of knowing what the volume level is after I have adjusted it while on a call and the same for the MIC level. This way I could reset my default level.

Does one press of the volume buttons move the volume level "one click" up or down? If the volume button is held down does the volume continue to increase/decrease or does it require individual presses?
    It is on my feature list. Will be late next week before this will be out.

Jeff
    Hi,

I've just been to the website and can't figure out how to pay for v 2.18. I have never registered for the product and want to do so now.

So, in other words, how do I pay for the software?
    HoyaSaxa,'
    click on this link and follow instructions from there
    http://gotreosoftware.com/modules.ph...article&sid=10
    Treoing & Loving it
    Quote Originally Posted by HoyaSaxa
    Hi,

I've just been to the website and can't figure out how to pay for v 2.18. I have never registered for the product and want to do so now.

So, in other words, how do I pay for the software?
    Here is the link on my website:

Purchase VolumeCare

Jeff
    Hi all,

First post for me on what seems to be a very useful forum. Got my new Treo 650 two days ago, and as apparently everyone in the world (apart from P1 support who have of course never heard about it) I am very disappointed by the appalling sound quality. The only room where handset volume is good enough is the toilets (provided the door is closed !).

From the posts I have read VC seems to be the ideal answer. A few questions though :

- does it work on any Treo650 ? Mine is an Orange France / Treo650 1.09-OFR / Firmware 01.21
    - I see Jeff's productivity is amazing and VC is regularly upgraded. If I buy a given version, can I benefit from subsequent improvements or do I need to buy again ?
    - are there recommended settings that someone could advise ? I'm particularly thinking about mic volume, which is by nature difficult to test unless you ask all your contacts how your voice is and then iterate.
    - last one : I had a look at the VC screen shot on gotreosoftware and can't figure out what the difference is between speaker phone and back speaker (here I combine a language issue with my abyssal technical limitations). Can someone please clarify ?

Thanks for your help (don't want to have to go to the toilets everytime I need to make a phone call !)
    Yes it will work on your Treo.

Why don't you just install it Free of Charge for 14 days and start enjoying the new volume

If you end up buying it the upgrades are included FOC.
    Thought of the day :
    No sense being pessimistic, it probably wouldn't work anyway