Page 2 of 36 FirstFirst 123456712 ... LastLast
    My Orange UK Treo came with the twin ear bud as well
    Global Posts
    88 Global Posts
    Anyone tried Freedom to adjust mic sensitivty while using handsfree mode (through back speaker) ?
    I'm glad I'm not alone with this problem. I thought I was going deaf.
    Global Posts
    88 Global Posts
    Don't worry everybody is complaining about that
    I had a few idea to overcome that but nobody (exect one person) care of I tried to do...
    I think I'm going to develop my self an app
    Gerome, I'd be willing to support and help test any app to fix this problem that you (or anyone else for that matter) may be thinking of developing. I know I'm not the only one who would love something like this too.
    Ditto, I'd kick in my support and some ka-ching! too. ($)
    The best sound I have gotten from my Treo was from a wired Jabra earpiece that resembled my Jabra BT250 but had the wire. It was too loud, I had to keep the volume down, others complained it's volume created feedback.

Since my Jabra BT250 does not work with the Handsfree profile of the 650 I purchased a Treo BT headset. It functions great! But now the volume sucks and I feel like I'm a Star Trek character with the BT headset on top of my ear rather than wrapped behind like the Jabra 250 did.
    Quote Originally Posted by sixsixty
    agreed, i tried the volumecare and it keeps it at 100%. but 100% is still way too soft. i need something that can at least push it to 120%.

i'm always on busy city streets. i don't ever have a bag with me and the phone is always just in my pocket. i have a bluetooth headset but i hardly use that. i don't have the time to fish out my headset when a call comes in. i also have the hybrid headset(which hurts my ears waay too much and the quality is crap), and again i don't have the time to fish that out untangle it stick it in my ears and in my phone for a 1 min phone call. i really would just love it if the headpiece was higher.

i have a gsm cingular locked with 1.23 firmware. does anyone know if the 1.15 firmware is any louder?

i hope they fix this some day or someone writes a good hack, i'm willing to take a chance of damaging the headpiece if i can squeeze out a little more volume.
    I have made some changes to VolumeCare to try and make the HeadSet speaker louder. Can you tell me if these changes help? On my Sprint 650 (ROM 1.12) it makes my headset too loud now! What a problem to have right? Not to mention the MIC volume. People now say they can't believe I am not using a landline.

Jeff
    Attached Files Attached Files
    seems better !
    755P Sprint SERO (upgraded from unlocked GSM 650 on T-Mobile)
    Global Posts
    88 Global Posts
    Astounding! There is a REAL change in headset volume!!!!! I'm not in a noisy envirnment right now but I tried with and without VolumeCare and believe me I had to decrease the headset volume, it was TOO loud

Jeff you're the best

I'm going to test that tomorrow in the tube and I'll let you know but I'm very confident it will be usable !

BTW, I'm using Orange branded phone with 1.21 GSM firmware.
    Global Posts
    88 Global Posts
    I tried with the headset speaker (on the front), the one that is really useful on a mobile phone
    Quote Originally Posted by Gerome
    Astounding! There is a REAL change in headset volume!!!!! I'm not in a noisy envirnment right now but I tried with and without VolumeCare and believe me I had to decrease the headset volume, it was TOO loud

Jeff you're the best

I'm going to test that tomorrow in the tube and I'll let you know but I'm very confident it will be usable !

BTW, I'm using Orange branded phone with 1.21 GSM firmware.
    If I had to guess, I would say the handset was about 30-40% louder on my phone. The speaker phone is off the charts now.

Jeff
    Global Posts
    88 Global Posts
    The only thing is when I use the volume keys to decrease it a bit while speaking, I can't go back to the max level. I have to end the call and to start a new one to get back to high volume on the headset....

Anyway it might be the best news since a long time
    I just installed VolumeCare 2.3 and checked the handset, headset, and speakerphone volume. All of them seemed really loud and clear. I was in a quiet room.

Tomorrow night I will be in NYC and will try the test again.
    Pilot 5K->Palm IIIc->Tungsten T/T2->Treo 650/680 -> Pre+ (1.4.5 & Uberkernel)
    I'd also like to try the new version of VolumeCare, but I tried an older copy (which expired) and it will not let me try this new version. Is there a trial registration code or some other way for a trial period on the new version?
    How completely embarassing for PalmOne. Their customers have to rely on a third party homegrown software patch to help out their inferior software - what crap. Many sincere thanks to those of you who come up with this stuff, but the issue is still there - just how long can it really take for Palmone to come out with a working update?! I want volume and I want to sync with my pc (win xp pro x64) AND I DONT WANT TO PAY EXTRA FOR SOMETHING THAT SHOULD COME WITH THE MOST EXPENSIVE PHONE OUT THERE! JESUS!

thanks for listening to my dribbling rant,
    -one pissed off brand new verizon treo 650 owner.
    Jeff, this newest update to VolumeCare is AMAZING! I have an unbranded GSM T650 and nothing--not the older versions of VolumeCare or the updated firmware--helped my earpiece volume at all. This latest update has done it though! It is so loud, my earpiece can be used as a speakerphone if I wanted! I am so thrilled, thank you so much for your work on this fundamental problem, it is the only problem with the T650 that has ever bothered me.
    VolumeCare's developer Jeff Gibson just recently uploaded an updated version of VC that adds a control for the microphone (volume while on a call). I downloaded it and it seems to help relative to callers being able to hear me clearly.

I still have some problems in noisy areas hearing callers even with VC's settings keeping the phone at max level.

Just so everyone knows, I communicated with Jeff Gibson quite a bit on this when he was developing ProfileCare and VolumeCare. Apparently he ran into significant problems attempting to increase volume levels beyond a "max" level. I don't know the details, but if anyone wants to know you can access his support at his new website www.gotreosoftware.com. He's pretty good about responding to inquiries, requests, etc.
    This new version of volume care actually helped ME as well! I've been SO depressed about spending this kind of money on a phone I can't hear on - and whatever you did in this upgrade made HUGE differences.

I also, however - have the same problem as someone else mentioned. If I lower the volume while on a call, using the side rocker switch - it jumps back to the OLD "loudest" setting from before volume care is installed and then will not allow me to reset it to the higher setting.

Does that make sense? I am DEFINATELY interested in helping you work the bugs out of this as a "test dummy". It seems like a solution actually IS possible!!

It's almost like I've got my Treo 600 back!

PLEASE let me know if I can help. And if you can get the bugs worked out of this, there will be some SERIOUS cash coming your way..

Ryan
    Global Posts
    353 Global Posts
    Does volumcare have to run on the treo or can you run it off your SD??
    Quote Originally Posted by Gerome
    The only thing is when I use the volume keys to decrease it a bit while speaking, I can't go back to the max level. I have to end the call and to start a new one to get back to high volume on the headset....

Anyway it might be the best news since a long time
    I will work on this. A fast workaround is to toggle from headset to speaker phone and then back again. This will re-initiate the volume boost.

But I understand what is happening here and will develop the real solution.

Jeff
Page 2 of 36 FirstFirst 123456712 ... LastLast