Page 19 of 36 FirstFirst ... 9141516171819202122232429 ... LastLast
Results 361 to 380 of 701
  1. #361  
    So from the reports, it looks like performance is restored in v2.15??

    Jeff
  2. #362  
    I have posed a attempt to fix the GSM volume behavior tonight. V2.16 is in the download area: http://gotreosoftware.com/modules.ph...download&cid=6

    To activate the new volume feature, enter the menu and enable the new option called "Force volume to VC Levels". Then make a call. 3 seconds into the call, VC should re-enable the volume. See if this works for GSM users.

    Jeff
  3. jorang's Avatar
    Posts
    318 Posts
    Global Posts
    377 Global Posts
    #363  
    I can report that I haven't had no hickups with the v2.15 yet on my Unlocked GSM. The sudden high level in handset volume for outgoing calls seems fixed 'many versions ago'

    Probably Jeff have got to have reports from us to close the issues left. Keep up reporting

    Would it be a good idea to merge the two treads where we discuss this app into one tread?
    JoranG
    Treo650 Unlocked GSM (Cust ROM 1.71/1.20 ENA w/ FAT32.prc) - TomTom Navigator v5 (Western Europe Maps)
  4. #364  
    Hi Jeff,

    I'm happy with Version 2.15. I haven't had any call waiting or conferencing yet, so I can't comment on that.

    Question please: Should I not install version 2.16 since I don't have a GSM Treo? I have a Sprint Treo 650. Or is it still a good idea for me to install version 2.16 ?

    Thanks, Casey.
  5. #365  
    Quote Originally Posted by jeffgibson
    I am very much concidering this as my next project. Just need to complete the ROM "chase to stability" that I am facing right now. Then off to a new project and I think it will be call processing.

    Jeff
    OMG YOU ARE THE PERFECT DEVELOPER FOR THIS!! CAN I GIVE YOU MY MONEY NOW??? LOL!!!!!

    omg omg omg omg ommgggggggg I can't wait..... *sigh* I have bought both CallFilter and Shield and could KICK myself for spending that much FOR NON WORKING software....

    Those programs have very good places to start, but the enhancements I could suggest..... but I digress...

    Bek
  6. #366  
    hey guys theres another update its http://www.gotreosoftware.com/module...p=getit&lid=28
  7. #367  
    Quote Originally Posted by Bekktek
    OMG YOU ARE THE PERFECT DEVELOPER FOR THIS!! CAN I GIVE YOU MY MONEY NOW??? LOL!!!!!

    omg omg omg omg ommgggggggg I can't wait..... *sigh* I have bought both CallFilter and Shield and could KICK myself for spending that much FOR NON WORKING software....

    Those programs have very good places to start, but the enhancements I could suggest..... but I digress...

    Bek
    You are tooo funny!

    I can't wait to get started. As soon as I get to that point, I will be posting a request for requirements. I hope you will join the team!

    Jeff
  8. #368  
    All,

    I posted version 2.17 earlier today. Fixes some issues with VC not kicking in at the beginning of a call. Also fixes a problem that I introduced in v2.15.

    Please let me know if this version fixes issues with initial volume on calls.

    This is a must upgrade for those on v2.15 or 2.16 as I fixed a problem where after disabling VC, T650 performance would get bad.

    Jeff
  9. #369  
    Things are sounding good, but I haven't seen any updates on BlueTooth headset volume.

    Is VC able to boost BT volume yet? If not, do you see this as a possible enhancement Jeff?

    Thanks!
    ChickenHawk
  10. #370  
    Quote Originally Posted by jeffgibson
    All,

    I posted version 2.17 earlier today. Fixes some issues with VC not kicking in at the beginning of a call. Also fixes a problem that I introduced in v2.15.

    Please let me know if this version fixes issues with initial volume on calls.

    This is a must upgrade for those on v2.15 or 2.16 as I fixed a problem where after disabling VC, T650 performance would get bad.

    Jeff
    Should the GSM users still use the Force option ?
    Thought of the day :
    No sense being pessimistic, it probably wouldn't work anyway
  11. #371  
    I'll throw my word in, VolumeCare does work great. I didn't notice it doing much when I tried it about a month ago, but I recently updated to 1.28 FW and tried VolumeCare again (trial had expired, but Jeff suggested I try it and could get a refund if I wasn't happy) and it's great. In fact it's way way too loud at full volme, the default volumes in VC seem to be loud enough, might tweak them a bit more later.

    My problem has been earpiece volume, and I think it's definately fixed now!
  12. TxDot's Avatar
    Posts
    892 Posts
    Global Posts
    916 Global Posts
    #372  
    Jeff,
    Is there any difference internally between using the speaker phone when receiving a call and when initiating a call? It seems to me that for incoming calls I get better volume on the speaker phone than when I initiate the call. Am I crazy? Careful how you answer this.
    GSM Treo 600 > Unlocked GSM Treo 650 on T-Mobile - Attempting to use a BB Curve

    Technology is neither good nor evil, good people will find good uses for it and evil people will find evil uses for it. Phil P.
  13. #373  
    Quote Originally Posted by TxDot
    Jeff,
    Is there any difference internally between using the speaker phone when receiving a call and when initiating a call? It seems to me that for incoming calls I get better volume on the speaker phone than when I initiate the call. Am I crazy? Careful how you answer this.
    Well I'm glad you put in the qualifier on my answer.

    No there is no difference. Remember that there can be big differences in the signal qulaity and gain on each phone call. All depends on the carrier on both ends of the call and different land line providors.

    Do you see a "leveling" of the volume if you use the volume keys after the call is initiated?

    Jeff
  14. #374  
    I installed the latest version but it doesn't affect my phone's sound at all. I have a Treo 650 from Verizon.
  15. #375  
    Quote Originally Posted by JDS
    I installed the latest version but it doesn't affect my phone's sound at all. I have a Treo 650 from Verizon.
    Be sure that you have checked the "Enabled" box at the top, as well as the box next to each volume that you want to have VC control. I just installed 2.17 and found that the default on all of these boxes is unchecked (I did not remember my settings from ver. 2.15)
  16. #376  
    Quote Originally Posted by Sputnik57
    Be sure that you have checked the "Enabled" box at the top, as well as the box next to each volume that you want to have VC control. I just installed 2.17 and found that the default on all of these boxes is unchecked (I did not remember my settings from ver. 2.15)
    I did all that, nothing.
  17. #377  
    Quote Originally Posted by JDS
    I installed the latest version but it doesn't affect my phone's sound at all. I have a Treo 650 from Verizon.
    What version did you install? What version is reported in VC's About window?

    You also need to install this software in RAM and not on the SD card.


    Here is a link to the newest version (v2.17): http://gotreosoftware.com/modules.ph...download&cid=6

    Jeff
  18. #378  
    Quote Originally Posted by Sputnik57
    Be sure that you have checked the "Enabled" box at the top, as well as the box next to each volume that you want to have VC control. I just installed 2.17 and found that the default on all of these boxes is unchecked (I did not remember my settings from ver. 2.15)
    Yes the defaults were dropped in this release. I had to modify the internal data structure to handle the new "force volume" feature.

    Jeff
  19. #379  
    Quote Originally Posted by ChasT
    Should the GSM users still use the Force option ?
    Only if you are seeing the symptom of VC not initially controlling your volume at the start of a call. If you think VC is working fine, then I would suggest you do *not* enable the LED or the Force options.

    Jeff
  20. #380  
    Jeff, I see a couple of people asked about boosting Bluetooth headsets. I'm very interested about boosting my bluetooth headset, but I can't find your reply, any word if this is on your radar screen with VC?

Posting Permissions