Page 17 of 36 FirstFirst ... 7121314151617181920212227 ... LastLast
    Hi.

Overall, I love the program, but I have notice a small problem. I have VC v. 2.13 on Verizon 650. I have the program enables for my headset and handset. I have the volume in VC set to the max for handset and all the way down for headset.

When I dial a call, the volume is exactly the way it has always been, UNTIL I hit the side keys during the call to adjust the volume. When I do this, the handset volume skyrockets, and I have to put it down to about 50% for normal conversations indoors.

So, it seems that VC is not clicking into effect on its own but need to be nudged by me manually adjusting the volume. Is this typical for everyone else?

Thanks!
    Global Posts
    377 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by HoyaSaxa
    Hi.

Overall, I love the program, but I have notice a small problem. I have VC v. 2.13 on Verizon 650. I have the program enables for my headset and handset. I have the volume in VC set to the max for handset and all the way down for headset.

When I dial a call, the volume is exactly the way it has always been, UNTIL I hit the side keys during the call to adjust the volume. When I do this, the handset volume skyrockets, and I have to put it down to about 50% for normal conversations indoors.

So, it seems that VC is not clicking into effect on its own but need to be nudged by me manually adjusting the volume. Is this typical for everyone else?

Thanks!
    Have you tried a soft reset?
    JoranG
    Treo650 Unlocked GSM (Cust ROM 1.71/1.20 ENA w/ FAT32.prc) - TomTom Navigator v5 (Western Europe Maps)
    Quote Originally Posted by jeffgibson
    Where do you have your default volume set to for the speaker you were using when the call came in?

Jeff
    Hi Jeff,
    I saw this problem with version 2.13 too. I also observed something interesting... if I explicitly ignore the second call (by pressing "Ignore" on the screen), the volume remains the same as before, i.e. it does not go low. I guess I can live with this and the speakerphone workaround but it would be great if you can find a fix.

Thanks!
    dhammond_man--for the sprint update---they say that you "should" have your charger. but i think, as long as the phone is fully charged or almost fully charged you should be fine. but i would just wait till i got the charger...who knows what could happen. hope this helps.
    Quote Originally Posted by samk
    dhammond_man--for the sprint update---they say that you "should" have your charger. but i think, as long as the phone is fully charged or almost fully charged you should be fine. but i would just wait till i got the charger...who knows what could happen. hope this helps.

The updater will tell you to plug into power, and won't go forward until you do.

Bek

to make this VC related, it seems 2.12 is doing well so far - I do have my MIC set all the way up and I seem to hear myself on the other end of the line, but I think that's *because* the MIC is up all the way.. so I bumped it down a teensy bit and seems to be great!
    Does Volume Care do anything to increase the volume going to the bluetooth headset? I see it has a headset setting but that says it is for the wired headset. I have a Logitech Mobile Pro and really like it except I find even with volume all the way up (on the phone and the head set) it isn't loud enough often. I tried Volume Care but seems to have no effect?
    Well, it isn't perfect and it makes me crazy, but I still do love my Treo!
    Sprint Treo 650 CDMA
    Quote Originally Posted by TheTreoGuy
    Does Volume Care do anything to increase the volume going to the bluetooth headset? I see it has a headset setting but that says it is for the wired headset. I have a Logitech Mobile Pro and really like it except I find even with volume all the way up (on the phone and the head set) it isn't loud enough often. I tried Volume Care but seems to have no effect?
    I have not been able to break into the BT headset volume yet. I am hopefull because I got a report today from a user that VC is lowering his BT carkit MIC volume. I have a fix for this ready but am waiting confirmation that it works before I distribute. Anyone out there with a BT carkit that is having MIC problems with VC? If this is true, then I know that I can make adjustments to the BT sounds.

Jeff
    Quote Originally Posted by HoyaSaxa
    Hi.

Thanks!
    I have not seen this behavior before. Anyone else seeing this behavior?

Jeff

EDIT: I would recommend *not* setting your handset to MAX volume! This is no longer needed for VC.
    I have not been able to break into the BT headset volume yet. I am hopefull because I got a report today from a user that VC is lowering his BT carkit MIC volume. I have a fix for this ready but am waiting confirmation that it works before I distribute. Anyone out there with a BT carkit that is having MIC problems with VC? If this is true, then I know that I can make adjustments to the BT sounds.
    Jeff
    Jeff,

Please post updates to this when you've got it nailed. I am also using the Logitech Mobile Pro but my only complaint there is volume (sometimes). I'd love to be ablt to give it just a bit of a boost.

Regards,
    ChickenHawk
    Originally Posted by HoyaSaxa
    Hi.

Thanks!

-------------------------------------
    Jeff you asked if anyone else had seen this behavior.....

This is exactly what I was talking about with the speakerphone in VC 2.11.. It seems to be fixed in 2.12. Sounds like the same thing only he's having it with the handset. I was having it when I used the speakerphone immediately after placing a call - I had to "initiate" the volume by pressing the side rocker and it was super loud instantly, as if I'd "enabled" it almost..

Bek

Jeff
    Knowing you...I have no doubt you can do it! I don't have a BT carkit but I presume if you can break into it then it would work for BT headsets and carkits.
    Well, it isn't perfect and it makes me crazy, but I still do love my Treo!
    Sprint Treo 650 CDMA
    I have not seen this behavior before. Anyone else seeing this behavior?

Jeff

EDIT: I would recommend *not* setting your handset to MAX volume! This is no longer needed for VC.
    Jeff I noticed this on VC 2.12 but I haven't noticed it again since I upgraded to 2.13. I usually have to adjust the volume manually before the loundness kicks in. It's almost like the incoming call does not initiate the loud level previously set.
    Who am I, sir? A Utah man am I A Utah man, sir, and will be till I die!
    Quote Originally Posted by elder_shawn
    Jeff I noticed this on VC 2.12 but I haven't noticed it again since I upgraded to 2.13. I usually have to adjust the volume manually before the loundness kicks in. It's almost like the incoming call does not initiate the loud level previously set.
    It shoould be setting the volume to the level you have configured VC not the level that you had in the last phone call. The old level you set with the volume keys is not persistent from call to call.

Do you think this is what you are seeing?

Jeff
    It shoould be setting the volume to the level you have configured VC not the level that you had in the last phone call. The old level you set with the volume keys is not persistent from call to call.

Do you think this is what you are seeing?

Jeff
    I always feel the need to increase volume anytime I get a call. I have yet to answer a call that I thought was too loud. The setting in VC is currently I'd estimate 80%. Is there a coorelation between what the volume slider's postion is initially before I enable VC on my phone? I have only received a call or two since installing 2.13 though.
    Who am I, sir? A Utah man am I A Utah man, sir, and will be till I die!
    Global Posts
    1,936 Global Posts
    One minor bug I've noticed is the led sticking. I'm on ver. 2.13. I can unstick it with Butler.
    Palm VII-Palm Vx-Palm M125-Clie T615-Sony NZ90-Sony NX80-Toshiba E800-Sony NZ90 (again)-Treo 600-HP 6315-Treo 650-Moto MPX220-SX66-Treo 650 (again)-QTek 9100-HP6515-Cingular 8125-Moto Q (10 days)-Cingular 8125 (again)-Nokia 9300-Cingular 2125 & Nokia E62-ETen M600+-Cingular 3125-Treo 750 & Samsung Blackjack-Cingular 8525-iPhone-Moto Q9-at&t Tilt-iPhone3G-Nokia E71-HTC Diamond-Blackberry Bold-at&t Fuze-SE Xperia X1a-Treo Pro.

Be very, very quiet. I'm gonna catch me a rhinoceros.
    Jeff,

I'm using version 2.13. I have it disabled because it, for some reason, really really slows down the Treo quite a bit. I posted this in another thread, but to be clear, when you're working on a processor intensive app or game such as 'bike or die', you can clearly see the performance hit. This application should Not be doing anything when other processes are running that are Not Phone, so can you do something about this?
    Quote Originally Posted by jlczl
    One minor bug I've noticed is the led sticking. I'm on ver. 2.13. I can unstick it with Butler.
    I would recommend not using the LED option in VC. It is only there for debuggin purposes.

Jeff
    Quote Originally Posted by g-funkster
    Jeff,

I'm using version 2.13. I have it disabled because it, for some reason, really really slows down the Treo quite a bit. I posted this in another thread, but to be clear, when you're working on a processor intensive app or game such as 'bike or die', you can clearly see the performance hit. This application should Not be doing anything when other processes are running that are Not Phone, so can you do something about this?
    Sure I can. Look for it in the next release.

Jeff
    Quote Originally Posted by elder_shawn
    I always feel the need to increase volume anytime I get a call. I have yet to answer a call that I thought was too loud. The setting in VC is currently I'd estimate 80%. Is there a coorelation between what the volume slider's postion is initially before I enable VC on my phone? I have only received a call or two since installing 2.13 though.
    Does the volume go to what you think the level should be when you press a volume key?

What model phone are you using? CDMA or GSM?

What I think is happening, is that different phones are processing phone events in a slightly different order. My phone (CDMA) gets the volume I gave it when the phone connects. Sounds like others are seeing the phone application's volume settings are being matained by the phone app until *after* the call is connected and then you manually increase the volume with the volume key.

Jeff
    I posted a Version 2.15 tonight of VolumeCare at my Early Release site.

Fixes:
    Conf call errors (hopefully)
    CPU consumption problems when not on a call
    BT carkit MIC problem

Jeff